Sparta-Morgan "relations" Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maniac
    Though I do find it a bit strange they're considering running Knowledge over Wealth - I'd guess the latter would be more lucrative for the Morganites. Also they already have the Planetary Energy Grid and lots of tree farms - I'd concentrate on credits instead of labs if I were them!
    Mindworm trouble, perhaps?
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• I've put MMI as a teaser in the Morganite diplomacy box.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• How about sending something like this to the Corporation?

Greetings CEO AndiD,

We still haven't heard anything yet from the Gaians about supporting us for the governor seat, so we can only assume that idea must be declared dead. Alas but little we can do about it.

We're still interested in trading Bio-engineering with you though, at least under the provision Zakharov won't have researched this tech next year. As we have acquired Mind/Machine Interface, which you are currently researching, the Junta is wondering, would you be interested in a MMI for Bioeng trade?

On behalf of the Junta,

Colonel Pedro 'Maniac' Riveira

In our turn the Corporation had only two turns to go to research MMI, so the only way a trade could be possible, would be if they put Bioeng in the diplobox this year accepted. Seeing the slow diplomacy, little chance this could happen, but you never know.

Comment

• AndiD wrote on 17-09-2005 17:06:15:
          I will resume the discussion in the Boardroom - it had been postponed last time to wait for the Governor decision.
          Glad to hear that. For the record, if I understand correctly, you'll get MMI next year, so I think the only way a deal can still go through if Bioeng is put in the diplobox accepted in your current turn. I have already put MMI in the diplobox in our turn to make sure such a deal possible should you be interested.

Greetings,

Maniac

Comment

• Greetings Colonel Maniac,

it appears that there was suddenly a second seller of MMI giving a better offer. Due to the time constraints you also mentioned, the Board of Directors hastily agreed to accept that other offer, knowing that you might have more technology in stock.

We regret not being able to conduct trade with you this time, but are generally open for future trades though and are looking forward to your next offer.

CEO AndiD

Comment

• Hihi, and we should keep sending them offers just to read their turn-downs

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
                Hihi, and we should keep sending them offers just to read their turn-downs

Btw, I gave some further thought on the subject.

The Corporation is still researching MMI.
                Assuming they're not simply lying to us or ignoring us to keep us isolated like the Angels and Gaians are doing, this means they have a trade deal with the Angels.
                Since the Corporation is still researching MMI, this means the Angels didn't just give all their techs to the Gaians and Corporation in a "last stand" to get back at us. So they'd have an actual trade deal. If the trade deal is Bioeng<->MMI just like we proposed, we'd get Bioeng through the Planetary Datalinks next year anyway, and our rival's attempts to isolate us would be pointless.

Oh btw, the Hive captured that Morganite base closest to them. There's a probe foil right next to the base though, so unless the Hive is so smart to sink it, they'll probe the base back again right away.
                Last edited by Maniac; September 19, 2005, 14:10.

Comment

• Posted by Googlie in the Morgan Embassy

Gentlemen:

In the diplomatic box this turn (2192) we have suggested you approach our sumissive, Zak, and offer a Truce and a Ttreaty. We think he will accept.

We have endeavoured for a couple of turns to ask him to cease his vendetta with you, but he has replied "But it is Morgan who has initiated this war ... prevail upon him, etc etc" (paraphrasing somewhat)

You could surely use the modest additional commerce income that this would generate, and for our part we would like to see him desist from building those chaos drop units and cruiser transports, the intent of which is surely what will amount to suicide attacks on your nearest bases. We would rather he concentrate on research facilities and faction expansion (the latter being in both our interests if you indeed treaty with him)

Separately we have offered a trade in technology between our factions - that, and a treaty with the University, are not contingent on each other

regards

Colonel Googlie
                  Last edited by Googlie; October 12, 2005, 09:12.

Comment

• Hmm - 24 hours since Morgan got the turn, and no comment on our vendetta or offer to terminate it

Comment

• Yep, no word ...

Comment

• LOL

Turn's up. They have accepted Treaty status

Comment

• LOL

Glad to see I was so persuasive Guess they didn't want to dignify my bullying with a reply. I don't really blame them tho

Comment

• This was an interesting read :-)

Although I only joined Morgan after the first planetary peace conference, this clearly shows we were being way too peacefull...

Andid wanted peace to have fun again in playing the turns. He really got tired of the Spartan attacks. At that point we had about 3 or 4 players who would look at the turn at least once every 5 years. About 2 or 3 would comment on it (including me, a SMAC newbie mostly posting questions).
                            no sig

Comment

Working...
                            X