Sparta-Morgan "relations" Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL - yes!!

Elite Crypteia units began assembling at Tegea Harbour to board the SNC Mercury, preparing to set sail for Morgan's eastern seaboard.

They will be checking unconfirmed rumours that Hive agents have assassinated the entire Morgan Corporation Board of Directors, those rumours gaining credence as the stony silence from across the Buster Ocean stretches into almost a decade

Junta officers, puzzled at the deafening silence that has greeted their recent attempts to normalize relations, considered landing a fast-response amphibious force, similar to the task force assemble for the PTS raid, but felt that this might be too provocative, and settled on calling on Colonel Googlie's experienced Crypteia operatives instead.

Stay tuned for progress reports as they investigate whether this is indeed an alarming new development in Hive-Chironian relations, or just an almost-impossible-to-imagine breakdown in Morgan communications equipment

Comment

• Do post this somewhere if you haven't already!

Comment

• Posted ("Deep in the bowels of the Hive")

Comment

• Excellent!
          I doubt it will draw many replies though, it's a tense political situation right now. People probably still appreciate the humour though

Comment

• What if I reply with that:

"Sir, a special report for you coming from the ComInt Section. Spartan action in the making, it seems."

The superior briefly skipped through the report then looked back at Mai, his clever assistant. She was still a novice but he didn't miss any opportunity to educate her into the arcanes of intelligence.

"That's clearly related to these rumors of power struggles inside the Junta that we've heard those past months. It seems the Ministry of Infrastructure openly tried to curve the Spartan foreign policy to its own objectives, thus alienating many of the top-brass in the Defence Ministry, much more powerful."

For a young woman bred inside the collective Hiverian education system, all that didn't make sense: "Power struggles between ministries!!! Is it, by chance, some kind of civil war starting?"

"Not for the moment, even if it wouldn't surprise me in a faction stupid enough to run Democracy! The ministries are just pushing their own agenda for Spartan imperialism: remember the Junta lacks a real leader like our beloved Chairman.
            From what we learned, the Defence Ministry is the proponent of offensive (sic!) and preventive action. The recent so-called 'peace-keeping operation' in Peacekeeper territory (re-sic!) came directly from their think-tanks.
            On the other hand, the Ministry of Infrastructure seeks peaceful developpement to enhance Sparta's industrial power and diplomatic weight. They are firmly opposed to any military adventure, and that's why I think they could have gained ground lately: sending stealth operatives instead of a complete amphibious force is not the usual Spartan way.
            Now , do you see the implications for the Hive?"

Mai raised her eyebrows as she always did when considering a problem and began to walk back and forth a couple of seconds before answering.
            "It seems pretty evident! Peace between our enemies must be prevented as it would allow them to outpower us later. Moreover, since we are ourselves at war with the Morganites, any vendetta diverting their forces would be welcome. Thus we must thwart the efforts of the builders and lure the hawks in Sparta Command into attacking a tempting prey. If they find Terrapeso in disarray, they'll strike."

She didn't disappoint him.
            "Exactly! Write a message for the Director of Central Intelligence along the lines of In case we didn't already assassinate the Morgan Board of Directors, (*damn, those clearances preventing the right hand to know what did the left one!*) the Evaluation Bureau strongly supports a swift operation to do so. More info at our weekly briefing saturday morning. I want it on my desk for 4:00 PM, there's no time to lose!"
            ----------------------------------------------------------------
            Some crazy roleplay! Next, we'll actually send a probe team to assassinate prominent researchers and frame Yang! At least, they'll think we'll do.
            And: "They are firmly opposed to any military adventure, "
            From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

• Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Morgan has asked (in-game, 2185) what techs we can offer for bio-engineering and/or their support for our governorship bid

They have also asked what other support (or abstainers) we have for such a bid.

I suggest we offer them Planetary Economics (they can then build Hybrid Forests) as a 1 for 1 for Bio-engineering. While the techs are at a different level, PE is more valuable to them as they can then immediately follow up their Tree Farm builds with HFs. Of course, we have already built the Ascetic Virtues SP. Bio-eng is less valuable to us as the Longevity Vaccine has already been built, and clean reactors aren't such a priority for Sparta. But it does clear a possible tech roadblock from our beeline.

As regards Governorship - maybe we can offer them Doc: Init for their support (and only Zak is committed to us)

And talking of Zak - we need to get Morgan to contact him and sign a truce, if not a treaty. He's building a noodle, a cruiser transport and a missile amphimarine (altho that base has zero minerals). To what end? - he must be planning an attack on Morgan (how pathetic) - we need him to be building Tree Farms and Research Hospitals

Comment

• The list of techs Morgan doesn't have:

Applied Relativity
                  Advanced Subatomic Theory
                  Doctrine: Initiative
                  Cyberethics
                  Planetary Economics
                  Adaptive Doctrine

and from next year on:

Advanced Military Algorithms
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr

Comment

• Greetings CEO AndiD,

You have requested what techs we would be willing to give for Bio-engineering and planetary governorship support.

In exchange for Bio-engineering, would you be interested in Planetary Economics? This would enable you to follow up tree farms with hybrid forests. It would also increase your commerce rating, which is always useful for a trader such as you.

Regarding planetary governorship, we have only just begun negotiating possible votes for us. Meaning at the moment we only have Zakharovs support. The Angels are behaving rather hostile to us, meaning we probably would require your and Gaian support before it's worth calling elections.

Here is a full list of techs we could offer you:

Applied Relativity
                    Advanced Subatomic Theory
                    Doctrine: Initiative
                    Cyberethics
                    Planetary Economics
                    Adaptive Doctrine
                    Advanced Military Algorithms

And we could pledge support for a global trade pact. But to make a more concrete proposal - one suggested by Colonel Googlie before retiring to the rejuvenation tanks - how would you feel about receiving Doc:Initiative in exchange for planetary governorship support?

There is also another issue I'd like to talk with you about? This last Mission Year Yang faced us with the choice: join him in his war against you, or face a declaration of war against us. As we value good relations with the Corporation, we naturally chose the second option. The large Hivean airforce kinda scares us though. As you have been fighting the Hive for a while now, could I ask: does Yang actually use his airforce, or does it just sit in his bases doing nothing?

On behalf of the Junta,

Colonel Pedro 'Maniac' Riveira

Does it sound good?
                    Last edited by Maniac; August 31, 2005, 19:02.

Comment

• (again, though, maybe take Applied Relativity off the table)

Comment

• Greetings Colonel Maniac,

thank you for your offers, I will pass them on immediately to the Boardroom for a discussion.

... does Yang actually use his airforce, or does it just sit in his bases doing nothing?
                        In the first years of war we faced a few air attacks on our territory but they ceased completely since then.

On behalf of the Corporation,
                        AndiD

Comment

• Greetings Colonel Maniac,

the Board is still discussing the Bio-Engineering trade option - you have to understand that Clean Units are a key technology in today's planetary society and we want to make sure to price it adequately.

We are definitely willing to support your Governorship and the Global Trade Pact in exchange for technology though.

However, we think that a trade of Cyberethics may be more beneficial for both our factions than Doc:Init, since a change to a knowledge oriented society would boost our research and therefore our ability to conduct more trade on advanced technology with the Junta in the near future, according to your list on available technology.

On behalf of the Corporation
                          CEO AndiD

Comment

• Sooo, basically, he says "we want a different tech"? Do we care?
                            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• wohooo one step closer to global dominat... ahum... I mean governorship
                              -=/+\ Wuy3 /+\=-

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
                                Sooo, basically, he says "we want a different tech"? Do we care?
                                Personally I don't. :shrug:
                                Though I do find it a bit strange they're considering running Knowledge over Wealth - I'd guess the latter would be more lucrative for the Morganites. Also they already have the Planetary Energy Grid and lots of tree farms - I'd concentrate on credits instead of labs if I were them!

wohooo one step closer to global dominat... ahum... I mean governorship

We'd also need the Gaian vote though, I think. And they haven't replied anything yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X