Sparta-Morgan "relations" Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posted it to the Embassy

I'm thinking - why don't we tell all 3 that we've offered similar deals to all 3 factions, and start a bidding process for Planetary Economics.

we are duty bound not to build the AV, but that doesn't mean that we can't extract the highest price for the tech.

After all, we are not obliged to trade the tech itself to the Angels, just that we won't build the AV

Comment

• Yes making them aware that the tech is up for grabs by all other factions and that we will only give one of them the tech is a good move. Probably increases the chance of someone taking our offer.

As for the Modo doc I was thinking that they'd pay us a (yearly?) fee for a negotiated sea border.
      -=/+\ Wuy3 /+\=-

Comment

• Any progress on our territorial differences, possible trades and a peace treaty?
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• No - a big "yawn" from Morgan - I e-mailed 3 of their officers when I first posted our offer in the Embassy, but nothing in reply

Comment

• I suggest that we propose a "normalization' of relations with Morgan - a Treaty, with no strings attached.

We'd have 22 paired bases (they have 22, we have 25) which would represent prolly 24 credits per for us, and 44 for them (being Morgan, 1 extra per base, but no large multiple credit bases such as we have)

If we agree to go ahead, I'll try to resuscitate the "profit sharing" arrangement we had whereby we get 1/3rd of the excess that they earn through the treaty

Comment

• I'm thinking "maybe" regarding the normalization of relations with Morgan. Right now they aren't as huge of a threat. Even if, with such a deal, they get x2 the benefits, we still get x1, which is better than what the Angels and Gaians get with such a deal (no benefit). Then again, Morgan will be going up against us soon...it's hard for me to say.
              Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

• Do you think to:
                • Ask for a Treaty.
                • Make them declare war over something silly.
                • Destroy some bases in righteous retaliation.

?

Worked once already...

But seriously, what is the next target? If not Morgan, I think we can look nice for a while.
                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• It's really a question of what our mid-term strategy is to be.

One possibility would be to have a period of peace & prosperity and grow ourselves to, say, ten size-14 bases, 20 size-7 bases and another 20 new bases anywhere from 2 to 6 citizens. Forested, mined and boreholed to the max. We still have some expansion room on our homeland continent.

Arcadia is largely empty in the middle and around the perimeters (we must leave Zak a little room to grow, and Lal, if he ever becomes our submissive) and after AU and Fort Sup reach size 14 they prolly can run a +2 nut surplus and churn out a colony pod every turn with no sweat

So this approach would be a combination of pop-booming and IVS'ing

Comment

• I guess it all depends on how long we can count on things remaining peaceful with the Angels. How long will they want to stay in builder mode? But it sounds like an excellent idea.
                    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

• Still no reply from Morgan about the Bio-engineering / Planetary Economics deal ? One week later!

It's one thing not wanting to negociate or share with us, it's another one not to reply. It borders on unpoliteness: they could at least write a witty rebuffal.

Someone should post something on the public forum! They complain about the game losing its appeal and people not participating, and they don't even make any effort to roleplay.
                      We could as well be playing against 5 AIs,it would be the same...
                      From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

• Originally posted by vishniac
                        We could as well be playing against 5 AIs,it would be the same...
                        We have to start kicking them again. That is guaranteed to provoke some answers.
                        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44

We have to start kicking them again. That is guaranteed to provoke some answers.
                          Yeah, Man!
                          With upgraded X-needlejets, we're sure to get some interesting ones...such as "Aaaaaarrrgggghhhh!"
                          From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

• Since we not have conducted diplomacy with them for a long time, my bet is that they don't check the embassy anymore, and sending them a PM alerting them of the offer would be the best way to get a reply.

Comment

• with both Morgan and the Angels, I've e-mailed some 2 to 3 players each time I posted in the Embassy

At least with the Angels it drew a response "It'll be discussed"

Comment

• Hmm, in that case, perhaps a "reconnaissance" flight with X-needlejets or probe teams isn't such a bad idea after all...

Or perhaps a Phalanx article "Total silence on the comm frequencies over the Buster Ocean - Junta considers sending expedition force to check out if nothing bad happened."

Comment

Working...
                                X