No announcement yet.

Sparta-Morgan "relations" Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was the "Enjoy" one, if toned down just a bit.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

We prolly should send something to our Treaty partners - the Angels and the Gaians, before they open their turns and see the PTS gone - make sure we get in the spin from our perspective. After all, they both are losing commerce income with us due to their sanctions

EDIT: Ah, I see you have

Comment

I haven't with the Gaians, we've only discussed informing the Angels. Should I? The thought did cross my mind. Just PM CT the same speil I posted in the Angel diplo forum.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Sooo, what do you guys mean? No embassy messages to the Morganities? Why lose the opportunity to confuse them?
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Oh, I have no opinion on this. A fake peace offering might be a good idea, yes. We just need to request something that's outrageous enough to pass as a legit offer, but not too outrageous to appear blatantly... outrageous.

Comment

I would call for 200 ecs as the tribute. Together with the Hunter and the 50 ecs, that more than pays for the upgrades made to kick them. And, they might even be up for it. Easy enough for them to pay, to show our sincerity.

Mind you, I am not proposing we stop planning a full-blown invasion at the same time.

Comment

Two thumbs up for the Special edition # 4

That should set their ears burning and their hearts a-pounding

Comment

That should set their ears burning
                  Mine certainly are

Now the crucial moment comes - how will the other two factions respond? To be honest, I have no idea. I'd put my money on them isolating themselves on the conflict altogether and leaving us to it - which of course is what I hope for, because if they join forces with Morgan, we may not need any betting wins because we'll have enough money to buy the farm, so to speak.

Comment

Either everyone is at work, or everyone is trying hard to get a good answer. They are scared.

Comment

Gaians tell that, according to all that happened in the last turn, they'll need more than 48h!
                      Lot of talks behind closed doors...
                      From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

PM from arginine:

Peace at what cost?

I did think a bit and DESTROYING as opposed to CAPTURING Morgan Industries with the PTS would suggest an aim of inflicting damage on Morgan Industries (literally) instead of enriching the Spartan Federation.

I am acting purely on my own accord and have not talked with the corporation on this matter and as such, probably have minimal influence on Corporate policy.

What would the Federation want for peace with the Corporation? The Federation says it wants peace, but at what price?

And as always, what I can say about the Corporation is limited due to my personal honor and I might deal further in the future. I'm also sure the Federation is knowledgable on the Corporation already. In vice versa, I don't want exposure to really secret information.
                        My reply:

Hi arginine,

We indeed spent and lost a lot of resources on the Morgan Industries raid. And a treaty proposal is waiting in the embassy.

I'm reluctant though to tell you more, as I don't understand your position in or regarding the ACDG. If you have left the Corporation, why are you still interested in what's happening in the ACDG?

Greetings,

Maniac
                        Does anyone understand arginine's behaviour?
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

His actions make no sense. I think we should ignore him, it may simply be an attempt to confuse us like we have tried to mess with their respective minds. It's war, of course we intend to inflict damage on them. It's not a matter of enriching our own economy, it's a matter of winning the game, which means knocking out our enemies.

If this means they are reluctant to engage in an operation of war that causes harm to us but not any direct benefit to them, this might present an interesting new tidbit of information on their culture to consider - they simply aren't as foolhardy or aggressive when it comes to war as we are. In other words, if we can make direct invasion costly enough for them (so that their gains would be nonexistent while our losses might be even devastating), they will be loathe to engage in one.

Comment

arginine isn't a member of the Corporation anymore (and so his PM doesn't reflect Corporate mentality at all). That's exactly why I was wondering why he contacted me.
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Well, he was the one who was my Morgan contact 30 turns ago when we were trying to get the Morgan-Sparta megapact off the ground

And just as I was consigned to sweeping out the military museum, maybe he was stricken from the shareholders' registry for his actions

Comment

I'm thinking he may have ditched the faction for IRL reasons - I don't see him getting kicked out of the Morganites unless he did something grossly incompetent or gamebreaking, because I'm sure every team will want to keep their members aboard.

And again, since arginine is not in any official capacity, I say we should ignore. It might be possible that the Morganites proper have approached him and just asked him to mess up with us a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X