No announcement yet.

Sparta-Morgan "relations" Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We shouldn't leave a wounded tiger behind. Better cripple them definetly.
    Yeah you're probably right vishniac, I was just checking

On another note, there is a solar flare next year, which means all bases produce triple energy. This is extra fun since Morgania will be drone-rioting due to losing the PTS

Comment

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
      On another note, there is a solar flare next year, which means all bases produce triple energy. This is extra fun since Morgania will be drone-rioting due to losing the PTS
      The RNG gods like us. Talk about good timing.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
        Oh my god, they'll be losing maybe thousands of EC due to our strike

I think you picked your career wisely,as you'll soon have plenty of spare time to polish your medals and yell at recruits
        Last edited by Kassiopeia; February 16, 2005, 08:14.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

And if these 5 colony pods are still en-route to their sites, they'll only have an extra 5 pops in lieu of the 15 they are expecting to have
          Attached Files

Comment

Will the Morgans relocate crawlers to maximize energy output? There seems to be river squares between MMussels and MIndustries. Let's hope they don't put too many crawlers there.

Comment

Hem, , I just wanted to add not to forget to scrap and recycle bases facilities before we obliterate (in case someone forgets ).
              From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

You've got to love arginine's comment in the general forums:

You know, if negotiations had happened regarding territorial waters, there would be a whole lot less B.S. and ambiguity and you guys could have a profitable peace or a REAL war.

(On the other hand negotiations might have happened in the last 10 years without me knowing).
                Arginine, at least, does not seem to know about the very real war which is about to hit them I would also say that his disapproval of our negotiation skills is a good indication that they actually bought our stalling tactics I'd say they're in for a rude awakening.

Comment

It does warm my heart to realize that our stalling maneuvre has worked perfectly and lulled them into that oh so dangerous sense of false security the high point of my career, certainly.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Yes, this has been some of the finest diplomatic maneuvering I have ever witnessed, and undoubtedly the most daring and ingenious operation in ACDG history.

It's interesting that we haven't heard anything from the Morganites about our artillery bombardment of paraminia. Maybe they have realized that the time for diplomacy has passed.
                    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

I have to agree with you there Zeiter, if we can pull this off, it's the stuff of legends. A crushing blow out of the blue - and we can spin it into a defensive action, no less. It's as if in WW2 the Allies suddenly come up with a million troops with which to make a succesful landing in France in 1942 when the German army is still stuck in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiter
                        Yes, this has been some of the finest diplomatic maneuvering I have ever witnessed, and undoubtedly the most daring and ingenious operation in ACDG history.
                        My belief would be that history is a little longer than it would need to be for that comment to be true. The CyCon and Drones both had some classy diplomacy/war maneuvers in the last ACDG. The CyCon's being an offer from the Pirates for a treaty we found at the beginning of our turn, and the loss of 4 bases they found at the beginning of theirs. The Drones managing to take virtually an entire faction in a turn, but we knew war was soon.

Moreover, the 'diplomacy' involved in getting Archaic losing to abstain in the original ACDG was a high point.
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Well, we can argue about calling it great after it is pulled off. Some might get drunk (with success), but hey - that is the point.

Comment

PTS is gone.

I posted the thing below in the War Council, but it probably should sit here. Will remove it from that post, once it is noticed here:

How about continuing the diplomatic illusion? Does it have any chance of success?

My first idea was just telling Morgan:

"Your stalling tactics in negotiations and your numerous transgressions against Sparta, have been recognized as a direct threat. We have deemed it necessary to use pro-active defeses and strike first. Enjoy." In other words, a simple "it is war" statement.

BUT, we might try this:

"Your insincerity and stalling tactics have lasted long enough. We have decided to take action to make absolutely sure you hear our words. Yes, it required a blow you would notice, and never forget. But we still hope our relations can return to normal.

Now you hopefully listen. We require you to:
                            • Immediately resume all per-turn payments you stopped without agreement.
                            • Return the 50 ecs payment you took for the lost probe. A payment we never agreed to give.
                            • Pay full reparation for the Hunter. Meaning the rushing cost of a similar unit.
                            • Returning to Treaty status with us.
                            • A tribute of XX ecs to stop further Spartan military actions. Yes, pay or suffer.

We are still ready to talk about selling technology. However, and let this be clear, only for a lump-sum payment."

Even if they would not agree, we could make the impression of going for peace to some of their members. We can add something about being busy with Yang ad not wanting to keep a 2-front war going. And, in fact, we would be going after Yang, at least for a while. What do you guys think?

Comment

Nnngh. I already posted in the Morganite embassy the first suggestion for a message. Either we risk that one of them has already read it and change it to the peace offer, or we stay that way. I've edited the initial message out for the time being.

Comment

You mean the one with "enjoy" at the end, or a different version? How long was it there?

If you did, and they noticed, we can tell them you were bullied by the evil Modo, and the "correct" message was this new one.

Either way, this needs approval from more to be posted, methinks. The tribute amount for sure...

Comment

Working...
                                X