The Council of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
    we might as well capture it with drop troops and obliterate it while we're at it.
    And don't forget chemical weapons!
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

• fungal payloads for the win :-p
      -=/+\ Wuy3 /+\=-

Comment

• I suppose we'll be switching out of power and back to knowledge now, for the short term at least?

We will easily acquire biomachinery first, right? Once we get the cloning vats, we can run PS/Green/Power, giving us +4 SUPPORT (Support 4 or up to base size for free!--that's 16 units at Fort Sup, for instance), +4 MORALE (making most units instantly elite), +3 PLANET (increasing mind-worm capture and making our troops stronger against Gaian native units), +4 POLICE (giving us x2 police powers and allowing us to easily police our now continually-pop-booming cities), and our research, industrial output, and income will still be pretty good, considering we'll have the same efficiency we do now and only slightly worse industry (although we won't get the penalty from running power).

I suggest that, after we get the cloning vats and switch to police/green/power, we concentrate almost solely on military production, sky-hydro labs, and police units. But mainly military production.

I agree wholeheartedly that the Gaians should be our next target. I figure that, with the force we currently have on hand in Terrapeso (formerly Morgania), we could infiltrate the Gaians and even cause some major carnage, although probably not completely wipe out the Gaians, considering they should be reinforced quite well by that point. So, while we inflict damage on the Gaians and reinforce any beachheads we acquire as needed, we can assemble an even larger, more bad@ss military group to take out the Gaians once and for all.
        Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

• Do you think it makes sense to do damage while loosing a lot of units or kill the Gaians for good while loosing as many units as it takes? Or are we in the position to do both?

By the way, what about a Planet Buster or two?
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
            By the way, what about a Planet Buster or two?
            Well, we certainly have a surfeit of upgradeable crawlers to MM simultaneous prototypes (or better, protoype one conventionally, then MM the others when the price has dropped by 1/3rd)

3 crawlers upgraded for 150 credits each to trance/3-res/clean/drop provide the minerals to prototype one (and if we just build one next turn, then 2 upgraded crawlers will build the others)

What if we managed to build, say 6, in the next two or three turns, then took out six Gaian bases? That's really cement our badass reputation!!

(Of course, everybody, including the University, would declare Vendetta on us, so we'd need to keep the Morgan taskforces closeby to stave off the Hive and to recapture the University bases

Maybe we could go for a diplomatic victory then, though, and be declared Supreme Leader)

Comment

• Originally posted by Googlie
              (or better, protoype one conventionally, then MM the others when the price has dropped by 1/3rd)
              If you prototype planet buster crawler-hurrying will become impossible.
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Don't we have a level-4 armour (silksteel?) that we haven't used yet?

I thought that a PB just prototyped all weapons systems, and not armour

edit: Ah, I see - we haven't yet researched silksteel alloys (B4 tech) - so if we do use crawlers to ptrototype a PB, we'd better use a dozen and prototype 4 at once

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeiter
                  Some further thoughts...the only way the Morganites could possibly be tipped off to our invasion would be if they for some odd reason decide to fly their aircraft way out into the ocean to patrol their coasts and happen to stumble upon our task forces, or if they happen to notice our switch to power in MY 2198 and interpret that as meaning that something big is about to go down, possibly with them as the target. The first scenario is less likely, although the second is in the realm of possibility.
                  The first scenario was happening, we simply lacked sufficient craft (We had 2 on our coast) to make it a more water tight sensor net. The second was not an issue.

I knew the attack was coming, I didn't know when, nor did it especially bother me. Either we would be ready or we wouldn't; the time for getting ready to defend against an attack was ten to fifteen years ago, and we missed that time. Therefore, we were likely to be attacked unprepared, and so your switch to power essentially went unnoticed.
                  Play hangman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Googlie
                    Don't we have a level-4 armour (silksteel?) that we haven't used yet?

I thought that a PB just prototyped all weapons systems, and not armour

edit: Ah, I see - we haven't yet researched silksteel alloys (B4 tech) - so if we do use crawlers to ptrototype a PB, we'd better use a dozen and prototype 4 at once
                    Ah the PB

Once one prototyped in a turn, all the others fall in cost. Hence, it's quite possible to prototype many (15 or 20) PB in one turn by cashing in crawlers. The first PB must be fully completed, but after that, they can be completed to the non-prototype cost. This is lovely

It's worth noting though that crawlers can only be cashed in for them when they are still prototypes, after which they must be built, which is expensive. As many as possible at once is by far the best plan.
                    Play hangman.

Comment

• The Gaians must be the next target. They are currently pop booming strongly, and also have sats. They will doubtless be leveraging that pop into production of units shortly, and could probably stage a fairly major attack. Soon, and hard is what the attack must be!
                      Play hangman.

Comment

• Well - they really can't pose much of a threat to our heartland - yet. We just have too much seapower and airpower to let them come close.

But of course they could do some damage to the captured PK bases

Our immediate priority is to get them infiltrated to see what they are up to and where their defences are weak

Comment

• Come on, guys!
                          After having them infiltrated, I would gas their defenses by noodles, then continue the job by drop-probes making genetic warfare... (Raving mad!!)

Seriously, let's use the sunspot activity before it ends! (of course, we still have time).
                          Naturally, that means ANY WMD use is ok in my book (so...PBs ).
                          From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

• Of course, we have to get the game up and running again - it's not a slam dunk that we'll be able to

:fingers crossed:

Comment

Working...
                            X