• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEACE password is:

parrot

Comment

• Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• The CyCon password was a bunch of ones and zeroes. Was it 1243 in binary or something?
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr

Comment

• it was:

Comment

• Ah, thanks everyone!
            Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

• Hey Googlie!
              In 'Maniacal and Fossil Herculism' the Consciousness moved a trannie with their Battle Ogre MkII or so next to one of my bases. Fortunately they were interested in a treaty, so it doesn't form an immediate problem (at least as long as they don't go to war with anyone).

I just thought you'd like to know for future reference. IIRC you did something in the hope that the AI would keep the Ogre in their SP base, but it doesn't seem to work. This will of course also make it easier fror my rivals to capture the overpowerful HSA and CBA (I assume now the weaker Network Backbone must be somewere near me).

Comment

• Yeah - The only way to avoid that is to put it on a single-tile base with a moat ands then a ring of land, so that a trannie can't get it off the island. (btw, isn't it a Mk III Ogre? - I intended it to have level 12 armour to make that base almost immune from capture)

I got the same result after I'd sent the game off and played a hundred turns or so one evening when I was bored

Maybe I should intercept the turn and apply the Kody Codicil to reset the AI's Ogres!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Googlie
                  Yeah - The only way to avoid that is to put it on a single-tile base with a moat ands then a ring of land, so that a trannie can't get it off the island.
                  Or the other way around: a sea base with a ring of land.

(btw, isn't it a Mk III Ogre?
                  If you say so. The Consciousness moved their transport foil near one of my bases and contacted me after I had pressed 'End turn'. After the communication, I only saw the contents of the trannie for a split second, so I couldn't judge precisely what Ogre it was.

Maybe I should intercept the turn and apply the Kody Codicil to reset the AI's Ogres!!
                  That would be great IMO.
                  If you don't know a way to move the Ogre back to base in one turn, I can PM you one.

Unless something is done - eg somehow reduce the mineral output of the base to zero to prevent transport production or something - won't it be a temporary solution though?

Comment

• When I set up the scenario, I set the unit in the 1-tile base to lurk until a unit tries to enter the base. Unfortunately, the unit awakens when a friendly unit 9the trannie) enters the base, so then the Ogre can board.

I could have set the Ogre as an objective (capture) for the human players - that works (the AI then doesn't move it) - but then all the powergraph stats go by the board, 'cos the relative players' strengths are then expressed as # objectives attained

re moving - I can use the Kody editor to pact you and the AI, then break the pact, then the units rehome (as would any of yours in their vicinity, so that's maybe not optimal - plus, it would use up a turn, so I'd welcome a PM re a new tweak!!

Comment

I could have set the Ogre as an objective (capture) for the human players - that works (the AI then doesn't move it) - but then all the powergraph stats go by the board, 'cos the relative players' strengths are then expressed as # objectives attained
                      According to F8 the scoring already happens somewhat scenariowise. Eg I have 451 objectives achieved.

Comment

• LOL - when all else fails, look at the original scenario I set up!!

I did set it up with objectives: (see below)

And I didn't protect the single base SP's with an Ogre, but with a quantum AAA trance stasis sentinal, set as an objective (so that the AI wouldn't move them)

So Aki prolly popped an Ogre and set sail with it

here's the objectives list:
                        Attached Files

Comment

set as an objective (so that the AI wouldn't move them)
                          Could you by the same way give the AI probe defenses they don't move?

Comment

• I guess you could - the ideal would be a probe foil in a landlocked base. For coastal or island bases, they, too, could be made "objectives"

Comment

Working...
                            X