No announcement yet.

The Department of Public Relations & Propaganda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You and Mead need to change your names to Bill and Tom so I stop confusing the two of you.
    "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

• And that after I spent hours to memorize your name
      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
      Let me eat your yummy brain!
      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

• We might want to see this.

Lawyers flock to the University!

Recent reports of atrocities releaved by reporters embedded in the Spartan military have had ramifications across planet. One such ramification is the potential for class action lawsuits on the behalf on many the suffering experimentees against the unethical experiments that the University Elite are fond of doing "In the name of science". Consequently, swarms of lawyers have been spotted in levels only before seen in the United States during the early 21st century.

The University defense attourny, Jimmy Cochrane was quoted as saying "This an outrage! This is anti-scientist discrimination! The NAASP will be outraged! Those "victims" are from mind worms and toxic fungus! University researchers adhere to the highest ethical standards on planet! If the charge does not fit, you must acquit!

A special prosecutor, Keith Starr, has said "In addition to atrocious experiments, there is evidence on improper land dealings in the Morgan Housing development "Redwater Estates" and some of the victims are claiming forced sexual relations with devices that include cigars.

Litigation and class action lawsuits take a long time so stay tuned for further updates.

Comment

• Today, I'm going to post a "MorganLink Special Broadcast" in the AC-Demo forum with my little story about Mead (sorry Micha) evacuating the Embassy. I took out references to Sparta to stay in the spirit of not communicating in-game information.
          "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

• Salutations good people of Planet:

Many eons ago I was assigned to study the social evolution of Alpha Centauri and the solar system surrounding it. The progress of what you call "Planet" has been truly fascinating. The knowledge gained from studying its inhabitants' triumphs and failures has been very helpful in dealing with our own. Obviously a study that is conducted light years away or how you humans put it, "through the looking glass", is never the most effective. This is why I am contacting you now. I have been commissioned by my people's highest authority to conduct a primary study on your people. By immersing myself into your culture, I hope to fully realize what it is to be human.

Since my actual name is impossible to translate into your language, I have adopted the surname Chairman_Chang. It is not to be confused with the well known Chairman Yang. I have modeled my alias around his greatness because my people are going through a social restructuralization and his society is something to be admired. However, after many requests, the Chairman was not willing to grant an audience. His only reply was that he cannot trust a being whose mind he does not understand. Its a shame. My people's technological advances would have really catapulted his empire generations into the future.
            (edited for length)
            If you are looking to understand our societies you must first understand what drives them, MONEY. ECs to be exact and no one knows more about them, and by association, our societies then the Morgans. Another advantage of our economic strategy is that we can surly get you anything you need, or want.

With all of the above reasons you can easily see that the morgans would be the best choice for someone of your stature.

If you decide to join I would advise contacting AndiD
            On top is the origenal post, underneath is my recruitment blurb(posted in the recrutment thread of course) , just incase any of you are interested.
            What type of idiot quotes himself
            -paramir

Comment

• Your offer seems very attractive. However I am a little insulted with your suggestion that I do not understand the motivating power behind money. I see how humans can get caught up in all that a capitalistic society can supply, but there is more to existance than mere energy credits. My studies show that your society is progressing fairly well.'

I would like a summary of the current status of the Morganites.

Please supply the following form with your data:

Base Count: ______________________________________

Population Count: (Rough estimate is adequate) __________

Current alliances/vendettas: __________________________

Most recent discovery: _______________________________
              chang wants that info along with some uninportant stuff, should i give it to him?(he's the one who is a posible recrute)

edit-can this be rushed a bit, i got his pm a day late.
              edit 2-he's said the spartans are his second choice, and since they have infiltrationodds are he's not getting the info for them
              Last edited by paramir; January 27, 2005, 00:04.
              -paramir

Comment

• We're not supposed to give in-game info to recruits, sorry.

Comment

• just checking
                  -paramir

Comment

• Also the guys at the Recruitment Center are speculation that Chairman_chang may be a DL of Enigma_Nova. And now that I think of it, I get this bad feeling it might be true...
                    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES

Comment

• I don't know your reasoning, Micha, but it could explain E_N's prolonged absence.

-- CTO #endgame
                      #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                      #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

• GeoModder came up with the suspicion, binTravkin supports it.
                        "I'm starting to wonder about your expertise at SMAC(X), Chairman... "
                        "Yeah, I feel it's not the first time I meet Chairman_Chang... "

Then Maniac came in:
                        "Is he an enigme to you?"
                        binTravkin:
                        "Rather kinda ENatic... "

Chairman_Chang has the same style, the same dry, unpleasant way of dealing with others. It reminds me of someone looking for a tool...

Comment

• I suspect that it could be Enigma.

It has the same sort of tone of arrogant superioty that Enigma had. Although it does have a sort of different feel to it. Similair but a little different.

I would like us to take a vote before we agree to let him into the Corporation. I do not want to prejudge him and am willing to discuss the merits of letting him join but, my vote without further information is we do not let him join the Corporation. I feel strongly about this.

I was in the Hive the same time he was until his departure. I speak from experience.

His persona was technically competent in game play, but as time went by he became increasing abusive to all those around him and was very difficult to work with.

Mead

Comment

• I don't know enigma, but i got a reply to my pm, telling him i couldn't give him the information, he's pushin, but in a polite way(don't you just hate passave agresive ppl),
                            -paramir

Comment

• Chairman_Chang:
                              The structural strategists of my people are trying to shift away from a belief that every being deserves the same opportunities, while ignoring their individual merit and worth. The plan is to gradually shift to a society that values productivity and favors those who "earn their keep" as is phrased by humans.
                              Vintage Enigma_Nova, IMO. I vote not to allow him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtsisyoda
                                Chairman_Chang: Vintage Enigma_Nova, IMO. I vote not to allow him.

jtsisyoda you read his posts closer than I did.

Based upon the quote you pointed out, I am convinced he is the Enigma persona.

My vote is to not let him into the Corporation.

Comment

Working...
                                X