Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Infotrader/Infiltrator Network - Diplomacy plug-in (III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edit; defnitly at the research getting boosted...to bad cloudbase isnt allowed,that could make things feel more even around here...

sent it
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• We need from the Gaians some answers.

Do the Spartans have Bio Engineering?
      If yes, then simply send us the Bio Engineering.
      If No, then lets continue the unit exchange.

re the Unit exchange, do they understand the problems?

I wonder did they test with the Spartans, the share tech Bio-Eng, option last turn to check if Spartans had it or not.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Re Spartans and University Loan.

I think that first we might negotiate the return of the loan in some decent time, so the investment benefit is not like 82 EC/5 turns = 16.4 %. If they claim 6.7% is the good one, then we might return the loan in 10 turns, not now. Let us continue negotiations still.
        I would ask for mediation of someone from the Morgan Industries, as Cataphract proposes. After all they are "economy guys" here.
        --------------
        I asked BinT for Bioengineering, if Spartans have it.
        Last edited by Mart; September 8, 2005, 18:08.
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• How can we return a loan in a shorter number of turns to Zakharov?
          As far as I know, it's either the full amount in one time, or the normal payoff for 100 turns.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• It is "full", means the balance. The point is that after lending us like 118 EC, Zakharov would get all 20 (paid every turn) + 180 = 200 EC after 10 turns. Thus total return would be around 6.9 % turn.
            Mart
            Map creation contest

Comment

• Ok, if you say so. If we can avoid an assault with it, I'm happy.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I hope Gaians respond in time.

Comment

• Just a general note here, after I thought over some recent finds from Fort Sol scouting.

We may politically use the fact that Spartans attacked Peacekeepers without a legitimate reason. Although we were silent when Spartans did the stuff, still Lal concluded that he was not an attacker, but Spartans declared vendetta, if you remember. We may use it on interfactional forum to press Spartans.

Also, as Geo proposes we might initiate discussion pertaining to issue of wether University is sovereign state or not.

any thoughts?
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest

Comment

• Get money from Morgan if needed.

Pay off debt as slow as posible.

Yes; use all those cards against Spartans to slow things as much as posible.
                    You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                    There is a reason for everything.

Comment

• no response from andid but the real reason of my post;

whats the implications of a newer player posting the sav for sparta? or what i assume is newer

spartan leadership to busy drinking to victory to play?

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• I think the "implication" is that it was a new players' turn. The same thing will happen with us in only a few turns as well.

Mart, good idea on the legitimate thing regarding Lal. But I suggest drawing warplans as well then, together with Morgans and Gaians, to prepare a simultaneous attack on Sparta. Perhaps we could call it The Coalition of the Willing.
                        I also suggest as you proposed before, if things go well, to "liberate" Lal from imprisonment and give back those bases to him. Our turn to have a loyal vasal if successful.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I only wonder how Morganities would respond to it. When they were shouting for help, when their Headquarters base was destroyed, we were relaxed. Their response might be somewhat cold.

Talks about Lal would be more diplomatic "filler". I would not be surprised if Lal was lying. AI does that on ocasion. But Spartans might explain. I would be still cautious with any also diplomatic moves that might be seen as hostile to Spartans. Let us not forget, we know little about them. We know, our military is in "childhood" now.

I also thought about actual intentional liberation of Lal. If talks pertaining to recreation of UN Authority on the Planet would succseed, then some faction (DA, Gaians or Morganities) might do the action with even help of CMNs. Just an idea, but nice roleplay to it. Then Spartan bases that were PK before would be transferred to him.
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest

Comment

• Well, perhaps getting pacted with the Morgans first would be necessary.

We'll see how they respond on our latest request for a techtrade, it will tell how they stand regarding us.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• well pm tracking shows andid did read it,so if continued silence today,when they play their turn,,we will know just how frosty things are

Comment

• Any word?

Comment

Working...
                                X