Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Infotrader/Infiltrator Network - Diplomacy plug-in (III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That seems fine. It is still important to keep on peace terms with the Spartans.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Hiking trails
      You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
      There is a reason for everything.

Comment

• On the other hand, I think we might think of some appropriate tone of the message, especially that we are going to drop them our tourists equipped with Nikon cameras and wireless notebooks very very soon.

Something keeping them at ease? What I wrote above is rather in joking tone.
        I haven't sent it yet, so I'll work on it a bit...
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• So here comes an answer to our drop probe team action:
          Link

If Spartan ask for Treaty this turn, I would take it. The action was with very high probability of failure, and here we have it. I think we may work on some good probing strategy. I also think that by now Spartans do not have bases without probe defenses, the same as we do not.
          Mart
          Map creation contest

Comment

• And some other thought. Coz we are now in the state of war with Spartans they can infiltrate us by killing defending probe teams. We rather got into problem here. Open conflict is not in our interest. They can claim that we started it by the drop of probe teams. We need some diplomacy now.
            Mart
            Map creation contest

Comment

• I have already received a message from Chaos Theory, re vendetta with Spartans.

I posted this in Spartan Embassy:
              To Spartan Federation,

One of our guardians of a Summer Youth Camp reported that a group of his students mysteriously dissappeared. He is extremely concerned, as he suspects the boys might yet again pull some nasty excess. He thinks they might attempt to meet with some friends from Peacekeeper territory. Would you happen to have any information on their whereabouts?

And on some more serious matter. Our general Trade Advisor reported that our mutual commercial exchange has stopped due to apparent vendetta. Is this true?

Sincerely,
              IT Mart
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

• There is a message from Spartans:
                Dear IT Mart:

Regrettably, it is indeed true that our two factions are in vendetta. Angels probe operatives were sighted in Sparta territory, and the usual treaty-partner response (interrogation, and send back shamefacedly from whence they came) was not available to us as your Prime Function had seen fit to stack probe teams, rendering that choice of response unavailable.

We were in a quandary. Let them be, and have them infiltrate our newly liberated base of Aid Station - or worse, have one or more of our valuable technologies pilfered - or eliminate them, incurring an automatic vendetta declaration in the prcess.

The Junta deliberated long and hard on this difficult choice. The decision point was reached when one of our officers posed the question: "What would the Data Angels do if they awoke one morning and found two Spartan Probe teams in the outskirts of one of their bases?" Clearly, you would not stand for it, and would likewise have taken whatever steps necessary to have them removed. And, if stacked, then their destruction becomes the only choice.

So with a heavy heart the Junta approved their elimination as a threat to our security, and to reinforce the inviolability of our borders. Vendetta resulted.

We have, however, suggested in the diplomatic pouches that we restore treaty status. We have no quarrel with the Data Angels. Indeed, you have left us alone to hone our fighting skills on Arcadia before the inevitable conflict with the irascible Chairman Yang. For that we thank you. But this latest action of your Prime Function left us somewhat bemused.

As a result, the status of our inter-faction relations has been severly degraded. But we trust that this is not irreparable.

Sincerely,

Colonel Googlie
                If they proposed Treaty again, I would take it. Our action was quite unfortunate and let us not lead to conflict, that others would gain from it.

We have to also inform Gaians of our decision. Chaos Theory asked if they should accept Treaty.
                Mart
                Map creation contest

Comment

• Yes
                  Withdraw probes
                  stop making any more DTs
                  Build military up
                  Return to treaty status ASAP

Comment

• Yes of course we go to treaty.

But somehow we should suggest why the scouts went which was to investigate the reason for a drop in treaty income from our friends the PKs.

Comment

• To the Gaians. Part of our rationale is that, Spartans by killing Lal, is removing a infiltrated faction (a source of tech) from our portfolio and we needed to compensate for that.

Comment

• It does not matter what excuse you use S will be able to infer the truth.

Comment

• Forester, the probes were killed according to Spartans, what they write in the message. We have nothing to withdraw now.

So we go for Treaty. I will send a word to Gaians.
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest

Comment

• Just read over everything and got caught up.

One thing I don't understand is when they discovered the probe teams. Did we drop them and then they seem them or did they come up to them and find them? If it was them coming up on them then we should try to get some minor compensation for their loss. If we were caught red-handed and dropped them right on their doorstep, well, just accept the treaty and let it stand.
                            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Yes that was Spartan Territory, although ex-PK. I am actually glad it ended that way after they were dicovered - we still have Treaty, and it seems Spartans did not retaliate with probing us (if they did not do it before)

Anyway, we soon should have some good air forces. For now:
                              2 F-6 fighters
                              2 B-6 (although no deep radar)
                              1 Sioux missile copter
                              1 scout chopper

We still need a lot AAA defenders
                              This is in case of a real conflict
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest

Comment

• Some serious questions from Spartans:
                                Dear Data Angels:

Now that relations have again been normalized, the Junta is wondering if the Data Angels would be amenable to a trade of technologies.

You have AMA and MMI, which technologies we lack, and we have Advanced Subatomic Theory, Doctrine Initiative, Planetary Economics and Applied Relativity which you lack.

Also, now that Commissioner Lal has been "removed from office", the position of Planetary Governor is vacant. Is there anything we can offer that would secure your support of our candidacy?

Colonel Googlie, on behalf of the Junta
                                Mart
                                Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                                X