Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I will write in advance here, but Gaians seem to be very much interested in Biogenetics.

That would speed up nutrient restrictions lift.
    1. Biogenetics (from Gaians)
    2. Ethical Calculus - research after Adaptive Economics is done
    3. Gene Splicing
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Yes, Biogen is important, but IndAuto even more (at least IMO).
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Ok, Illu is on the track. they asked if we already had Biogen or not. I decided in this case to tell them we don't have it (yet, sortlike) and swung out a few additional baitlines.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Looks good! I like the idea of helping the catch up (if that's the case) and then a mutual tech trade scheme. Especially if they're willing to map trade as well (we can subsequently infiltrate them to make sure that they stay honest.)
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Things are proceeding almost embarrisingly fast (spelling, I guess? )

The latest (double quoted is my text):

Greetings, Lord Illuminatus!

I can give you a short answer on this one: no, the Data Angels are not in the possession of Biogenetics, so it can be part of a tech trade.

In case our proposal of IndAuto for a low level tech (like Biogenetics) and a unit of our choice (only units the Gaian Union already owns, mind you) is a bit hard to swallow, please let us know. We have quite a few other possibilities to offer in that case.
            Your proposal is being taken in consideration, but you should note that most of Lords, including our ambassador to You, is occupied with recreational runing through trees, which occurs regulary every weekend, so it will still take some time before we can give you a definite answer, most probably some time tommorow. We apologize for all past and future delays caused by this. We will try to inform you as soon as our decision has been made.

Also, a question. After some data processing it has come up that the speed at which the Union wishes to acquire Biogenetics indicates that the Gaian Lord of Progress has already decided on a beeline to Bio-engineering. May we know if this assumption has any ground?

This question is also asked for our preliminary setup of a joint research project. Our current project is also in an advanced state so it is wise to discuss agreements regarding this.

Regards,
            InfoTrader GeoModder
            I do not have authorisation to directly answer you that question, but I do have a proposal in this spirit too: it is in interests of Gaian Union wishes to cooperate with Data Angels, and research cooperation should be one of objectives. What I propose is a treaty between Data Angels and Gaian Union - if you are willing to sign it, I am sure our High Council and Lady Deirdre will sign it too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
            Treaty of Rock-Paper-Scissors

Respective factions of Data Angels and Gaian Union, and their representatives which have met in Angel town of Rock-Paper-Scissors, have agreed to a mutual trade and research pact, in interests of deeper cooperation and friendship between their nations. Terms of the treaty are as following:

1) Both of the signatories agree to mutual cooperation in research and sharing of information.

2) Both of the signatories agree to immediately share all data about technologies they posses, technologies currently being developed as well estimated years of their completion.

3) Both of the signatories agree to share their future plans for research and beelines.

4) Both of the signatories agree to mutually assist one another in research and conduct joint research projects.

5) Both of the signatories agree to inform one another as soon as possible if they receive technology through unexpected events, such as receiving them via Unity Pods, trade with other factions or unexpected breakthroughs.

6) Terms of this Treaty will be set in motion with signing of the treaty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Terms are negotiable. I am sure that your positive response will be followed by positive response of Gaian Union. I will propose this to our High Council too.

Lord Administrator Illuminatus
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

So, they want an explicit Treaty, and they cover themselves for any tech we might disclose due to us having infiltration.

What is the stance of our members here? I suppose it's for us (Mart, FlameFlash, me and perhaps Maki) to vote on this one. The other are a bit too inactive to be expected around now (or on vacation of course).

Edit: I've asked if this is a Pact proposal or merely stating the exact terms of our current Treaty.
              Last edited by GeoModder; September 12, 2004, 13:01.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

For me it looks reasonable. One thing I think is important - we need friends. If Spartans come to a close cooperation with Morganities, for example, we and Gaians will be loosing a lot by not cooperating. I would however include a paragraph, that requires both sides fair trade. E.g. not like one side shares 2 techs and the other 1 tech only, coz it has 1 only at the moment. If there is not equal value in techs, other compensation should be in order. Having techs from 3 infiltrated factions is our bonus, let's not give it away cheap. They have other bonuses too, so let them share it if they have no good techs at the moment. If we state smth like that clearly, they should feel respected by Data Angels, I think. It will help to avoid negative feelings about value of exchanged techs. There might be cases when one side might lack any resources, but credit might be established.
                What is your oppinion?

Hercules is also often around.

about current tech trade talks:
                Giving Ind Auto now to Gaians, so they do not research this, but get Biogenetics, which in return they give to us is kinda a must. We both would be inefficient if making otherwise.
                Mart
                Map creation contest
                WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

I know that Herc comes in offen, but this Treaty will probably be signed way before September 19th, when he returns.

I agree with both your remarks (equal future trade and current tech exchange) but try my best to have that foil.

I start reasoning when we come to that point for it is in both our wellfares research wise.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                    I agree with both your remarks (equal future trade and current tech exchange) but try my best to have that foil.
                    You're diplomacy style does seem to bear strong resemblance to a certain Spartan I worked with before It really is uncanny in places
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Hey, I nurtured his interests in these sort of things.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Starting wars? Although in truth, and quite out of character, I was the one that kept it going
                        Smile

Comment

Against the Nautilus Pirates at the time you mean? Remember where you are now...

And I do have my swings at times regarding violent behaviour...
                          Remember my 'tactical analysis' in II?
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yes I do. Good times
                            Smile

Comment

Not much more to report on the diplo front: they offered that darn Spore Launcher in combination with Biogenetics. I counter proposed for the foil and Biogenetics (borrow it or increase our offer with a comlink).
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Ok, they offer ALL their units in our territory THIS turn and Biogen later in return for IndAuto in our turn. Unity foil is out of the question appearantly.

I'm inclined to accept this, it gives us 1 unit more and an extra rover for controlling that Hive Synth. We might persuade them then to research Doc:Mob after they finish Biogen.

O yes, they're curious at who we have a comlink of.

As for the Joint Research treaty Illu has proposed, after some questioning of the exact phrasing it sounds ok to me.

How about you guys, do we accept it or not.
                                My vote is yes for the IndAuto deal and for the Joint Research Treaty.

Edit: updated the IA deal.
                                Last edited by GeoModder; September 14, 2004, 08:41.
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X