Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now just to wait and see how they respond.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Turn is on the Gaians already, man this year goes fast.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Any news from Gaians? They keep the save like for 2 days now.
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

I think I found who's gonna be ambassador as well next to Octavius X... found this in the 'Strategy thread'...
          for all other teams to read!

Originally posted by binTravkin
          I have not read the "1984", thus I cant judge the idea of Doublethinking properly..

Maybe you can offer a source from where I can get it?
          In any format (digital or analogue (on paper))

And btw - Natalinasamp (sorry for misspelling - can't remember such a long name), came in to Gaian private forums at ACDG - I see you've signed for Gaian team, so participate!
          There are some official titles available right now!
          For example - ambassador by Data Nagels...err, Angels
          Or maybe by Spartans or Morganites?
          Anyways - we've got no ambassador candidates right now..
          Seems roleplaying diplomacy is quite unpopular these days.. (at least I like it! )
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Just received this broadcast from the Gaians:

The Gaian Union is happy to cooperate with their brothers and sisters on our new home. The Treaty of Friendship we have signed demonstrates that we can both preserve Planet's native life and keep information free for all. Tragedy of Earth must not repeat ever again. We are also open to possible closer cooperation in future. Cooperation in fields of technology sounds interesting, and we would like to hear more. Infact, we are interested in secrets of Industrial Automation, which our scientists have not managed to unlock yet. Our Lordship of Progress is interested if you might be willing to trade this secrets with your Gaian brothers in exchange for compensation. We are ready to start negotiations on this trade if you are willing.

High Council has acknowledged your request and ordered all our exploration forces to start withdrawal to the extraction point which has been organised for them. Rest assured, we do not intend to endanger your bases with native life. Lady Deirdre would also like to encourage you to seek ways to avoid disruption of native life, unless it is absolutely neccesary.

We believe we will appoint ambassadar to you within next planetary cycle, until then communication shall resume via current channels. Lordship of Diplomacy is also interested if we should maintain the policy of sending messages to Executive Infotrader, or will Angels appoint ambassador to Gaian Union as well.

-on the behalf of High Council, Lord Administrator Illuminatus
            Looks like we got the same thoughts on this one regarding tech trading. I will prepare a careful invitation to make a bid on IndAuto and correct some misunderstandings regarding their presumptions on how our faction is organised.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Ok, how does this sound?

Lord Administrator, our thanks for your response.

First I like to put right a minor misunderstanding. My title of 'Infotrader' means that I am the choosen person to have diplomatic contacts with other nations, it has nothing to do with the fact that I currently forward our public administrative results to the next faction. So for the time being any message that the Lordship of Diplomacy wishes to bring to our attention may be adressed to me.

The Data Angels are willing to put Industrial Automation on the negotiation table for, naturally, an honest price. We of the Angels do feel however that this technology is quite a milestone for the progress of any faction, and hopes your Lordship of Progress is aware of this. In case the Gaian Union has already an offer ready for the offered technology, we are listening.

And please do tell Lady Deirdre that her fears are unnecessary, not a single dominant native lifeform has been reported extinct within our zone of control. Though we do have second hand information about native killings in progress near one of our borders by others.

Regards,
              Infotrader GeoModder
              I just thought about letting them make the first offer for IndAuto, and the hint towards 'native killings' is an opener for offering the Hive Comlink as part of the deal.

Thoughts?
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Looks great! Can't wait to see what their response is.
                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

'kay, message forwarded to the good Lord Administrator.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Now you've met the Gaians, I decided it would be wise to set up a private forum for the two factions to converse. If you wish to use it, go to www.eventis.ssxh.net/forums and register, then PM myself and I'll grant you access. Access will only be for registered members of the Angels and Gaians. It does not appear to anyone else but myself, joncha and Frozzy (the 3 admins).
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Joncha and Frozzy? What have those to do with the ACDG?

Edit: never mind, just noticed it's an offsite place.

To the other Angel members: do we need such a private forum or not?
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Geo: you might like Eventis, it's a great site, with no purpose. Save spam. Stylish spam

It's Frozzy's own site, started with DrSpike, Jamski, Skanky, HongHu, Spiffor, myself, etc. but where Jaguar, Kuciwalker, Tassadar, Verto and Joncha also hang out

The diplomacy forums were invaluble last time, was by far the easiest way to discuss diplomacy, very efficient, and much easier than individual PMs.
                        Smile

Comment

I already posted there (anonymous ) before but lost the link.

I'm the first to admit the place has it's merits, but just asking the other team members for the need of a dedicated diplomacy forum, that's all.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Ahhh. It's created and two Gaian's have joined already. It's not compulsory of course, but as a side thing it's always good to have another mode of contact
                            Smile

Comment

I just registered, and sent a PM to you Drogue (here on 'Poly).
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Authorised
                                Smile

Comment

Working...
                                X