X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeoModder
    replied
    Diplomatic post received from the Morgans!

Mead wrote on 03-02-2005 07:59:
    Greetings GeoModder:

I am pleased to meet the Data Angel faction that we have thought of with great fondness.

As time is of the essense (I am very tired and need to go to sleep soon, plus the Morgan turn is coming up shortly), I am pleased to announce that one of our ships has made contact with one of your bases.

Please be advised that we are interested into entering into trade with you as well as tech exchanges and other mutually profitable ventures.

Please let me know if you would be interested in mutully profitable trade, tech exchanges, and similarly mutully beneficial ventures.

Mead

Chief Diplomatic Offoce (CDO) Morgan Corp

PS
    Please note our turn is up soon (about 16-17 hours). Please let us know what you would like to offer so we can act on it before the turn is up for us. If I am not available or respond (because of RL) before the turn is up, please PM jtisyoda (the turnplayer).
    So, do we ask for a Treaty, or keep it low for a while? 12 hours to go if I'm calculating correctly...

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Originally posted by Hercules
    Yangs world maps though would be very useful.
    They would, but at a risk of war.
    Also, maps are only available for download when all his techs are 'disclosed'.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    I forgot the password for the Spartan diplomaty forum, so can't check that one atm.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    Goe, so you will visit Embassies too now

Reading Illu message - to Society Grid where there is no fungus? is it right? if we go around the peninsula, that foresty one - we have 2 tiles of fungus.

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    Can't aruge about that one.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    We had no specific destinations in mind but the general strategy aim of infiltration of any and all factions asap.
    Atm the moment we don't need new techs, until we get our growth and energy going.

Yangs world maps though would be very useful.

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    I hope they didn't have another destination, because we do need to get infiltration on as many factions as possible so we can get one of our faction specific abilities up and running.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    From Illu:

Labor Network 33,47
    Society Grid 37,49
    Society of Proper Thought 47,49

These three bases are the closest coastal bases for you. We use the last one for our probes. If you go for SPT, you'll need to go around a dozen tile sited peninsula and go through at least one tile of xenofungus. On the other hand (if I may suggest), to reach Society grid you need 12 movement points and you don't have to breach any fungus. If you prefer to concentrate on extraction of technologies from Yang, you could skip infiltrating him and simply ask us for information you need on him, since we already infiltrated him - just a friendly suggestion.
    It seems to me that we can infiltrate the Hive as well with one of the probes in the transport in two turns. Or had those already another destination?

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    You sure?

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    Oh, and welcome back Geo!

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    Heh. Well, I'm for it, especially since the Spartans will need to give us at least one shore base coordinate so we can properly probe/infiltrate them. Likewise, we need to trade maps with them, the last thing I want to happen is for us to just end up with a world map from them, after all (even though that too would be valuable.)

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    I'm back in Europe now, yes. Next 3 days I have nightshift tho, so 't might be a slow re-entry.

A yes, so we still must 'see' a Spartan unit to have proper contact. The Cyborgs got into problems with that when the Uni was pacted with the Cyborgs without checking each other units first.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Is that you back now Geo? If so, welcome back. You must tell us about your travels. (preferably in a newspaper format) Intelligence gathering in Middleearth.

re tech exchange/acquistion during sunspots. You can still probe and steal tech from other factions, the diplo message from whom you steal (or maybe its your own) will ask whether to declare vendetta or strong rebuke. You or they choose strong rebuke and hence you can continue.

However it tended to be accepted for factions adjacent to each other and in prior contact obviously (see Hive and Drones relationship in ACDG2 during sunspots).

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Wait a sec, how can the Spartans acquire tech during sunspots? Does the diplo screen still works then for human teams? And if so, why do they need infiltration then?

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Re permission for Sparta to infiltrate us to acquire tech during sunspots. Only granted on a reciprocal basis ie they allow us to infiltrate/probe them.

Ok on above exchange deal

Leave a comment:

Working...
X