X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mart
    replied
    I checked technology choices sheet. In order to be offered Cyberethics we will need get 2 additional techs. Thus Gaians need to transfer a technology (EE ?) before IntInt so we can switch to Cyberethics

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    The reply from Gaians, re Spartan proposal:
    1. Sparta gives Gaians EcolEng.
    2. Gaia switches research to IntInt, provided they could get IntInt several years earlier than the Angels.
    3. Gaia gives Sparta - and the Angels - IntInt when it's researched. Gaia gets in return from the Angels something return.
    4. The Angels switch research to Cyberethics (should that be possible), and give it to Sparta when researched.

We find this acceptable. I propose we give you EE in return for control of SL and tech of our choosing - is this acceptable to Angels? I'll give you Hive base coordinates tommorow.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    Updated technology intelligence, finally after 10 years lag

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    I haven't done so yet, but I am going to inform Gaians that the spore launcher will be transferred to them as a gift and support of their war effort.

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    Join the club...

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    now i'm puzzled...

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Don't know if we have to take the news in their gazette too seriously... but I didn't take the effort to read it yet, so...

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    I suppose I missed something...

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    I prepared a condolence note...
    RPS Base, MY 2156

To Gaian Union,

Data Angels are very sorry to hear about Lady Deirdre's death. We will all miss her. She touched so many lives of "Unity" survivors on the Planet. Her care about the environment we all live in has been an inspiration for many to better our lives since planetfall. We hope, that this tragic event will have as little impact on Gaian Union as possible and your faction will recover even stronger than before.

Members of Data Angels Faction
    Any suggestions? Should we additionally sign by our names?

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Actually I think this works for us.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Sounds very excited. No views as yet
    Last edited by Hercules; January 16, 2005, 20:13.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    This is from Spartans, Lt. Kasiopeia:
    To my esteemed colleagues in the Datatech diplomatic corps.

The passing Mission Year has been tumultous as far as our relationship with Morgan Industries is concerned. However, even though they did engage in an act of aggression against us, we are currently engaged in peace talks. This is taking place in the belief that the Morganite vendetta against us does not escalate any further; therefore the Federation wishes to assure you that it expects no military aid whatsoever from the Angels.

In a similar vein, the Junta hopes that you will uphold our beneficial and lucrative trade relations by staying out of this conflict altogether. It is, thankfully, none of your concern. It's just a single foil it's all about, after all. I am certain that we possess technology that is of interest to you and which we can provide at an amicable price.

I would also like to bring to your attention the fact that sunspots are a possible danger to communications and that we would like to ask you to consider that we would be able to use a probe team to acquire Intellectual Integrity from you once you have researched it, if sunspots prohibit a transfer of the tech through normal channels.

Due to sunspots we are also hoping that you will quickly consider what you would be willing to pay us for Ecological Engineering. We are also considering a following leapfrog scheme that would benefit us both and the Gaians. This is assuming the Gaians are researching EcolEng.

1. Sparta gives Gaians EcolEng.
    2. Gaia switches research to IntInt, provided they could get IntInt several years earlier than the Angels.
    3. Gaia gives us - and the Angels - IntInt when it's researched. What Gaia gets in return from the Angels, is up to them.
    4. The Angels switch research to Cyberethics (should that be possible), and give it to us when researched.

An expedient reply would be appreciated.

Yours sincerely,
    Lt. Colonel Kassiopeia

Leave a comment:

• Kataphraktoi
    replied
    looked at it this morning.

I think it is too dangerous. Plus we may not have enough ecs to subvert. And those ecs we need for nodes and to up our research and build performance.

Plus we may attempt, not succeed and anger Yang all for nothing.

I think infiltration of Yang is our priority. Coordinates would help and also knowledge if there is probe defender.
    basicly what i thought about this,but the other side is that the gaians might be less likely to help us in the future if we do not agree to their request

Leave a comment:

• Kataphraktoi
    replied
    got a pm to come here,but im busy at the moment and i have absolutely no access to SMAC so just make the best choice(now isnt that a clear answer)

Leave a comment:

• ForesterSOF
    replied
    I would stay out if posible.

If we did get pulled in it is good that both G and S will be with us.

the problem is we have no military so our part would be in the spying field.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X