• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mart
    replied
    A message on Spartan diplo-channel:
    To Data Angels:

We thank you for the transmission of the Doctrine: Loyalty technology (and congratulate the Data Angels oin the successful completion of The Virtual World - you will be interested to know that as a result the University has changed their focus now to The Merchant Exchange)

I confirm that when we move the turn on, the blueprints for the technology Doctrine: Flexibility will be in the diplomatic pouch on a pre-accepted basis

It was a pleasure for the Spartan Federation to do business with the Data Angels

Sincerely,

Lieutenant-Colonel Googlie
    Looks like everything is going to be ok.

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    ditto is about all I can say.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    Ouch... That was however before I joined acdg2. I hope Spartans will weigh future benefits and will not act foolish in this case...

Leave a comment:

• Makahlua
    replied
    Oh, it was no -mistake- Mart, Cycon decided for their own strategic reasons to attack the Pirates and the shot over the bow was them taking a pre-accepted tech, and we had them in our waters within 5 turns

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    Wow... Just wish I'd been around to help.

And Herc, that's an interesting theory. Though I don't think it matters much at this stage IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    I just noticed Ouro's signature has the message

Ambassador of the Gaian's to the Data Angels.

Now he may or may not be and maybe he's had this in his signature for quite a while. But it does give the Morgans an extra bit of imformation.

Here's how I see it with some guesswork:

DataAngels comms with Gaian's, Spartans and Hive

Gaian's have comms with Data Angels, Spartans, Hive, and one other?

Spartans have comms with Data Angels, Gaians, Hive and Morgan.

Yang has comms with Data Angels, Gaian's , Spartans and Morgan

Morgan has comms with Spartans and Yang, ............Gaians?

Anyhow Morgan can surmise from Ouro's sig that the DA and Gaian's have met and are buddies.

However maybe at this stage it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Hercules; November 21, 2004, 11:11.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    Also some other thoughts on possible trade of Ethical Calculus. How about it:

Ethical Calculus without embargo from Spartans
    Progenitor Psych and Adaptive doctrine from Angels - after we have PEG.

Both techs even without PEG are a great adavantage. They give two sea improvements: aquafarm and thermocline transducer, usefull where there is a lot of sea around a base. But first and foremost it is needed for Planetary Economics, which has hybrid forest, subsea trunkline, Ascetic Virtues and increases commerce. If both techs are not equal for Spartans to Ethical Calculus, then they really value it maybe excessively.

What do you think, am I right in this estimate?

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    Anyway, I am going to post the following on the Spartan-Angels forum:
    To Spartan Federation,

We have forwarded Doctrine Loyalty to Spartan Federation pre-accepted as you requested, by which you receive credit of our trust towards your faction.

Similarly as the Spartan Federation, we also hope for strong bond between our factions and future cooperation.

Sincerely,
    IT Mart
    Last edited by Mart; November 20, 2004, 18:48.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    I haven't heard the pre-accept story of ACDG2. Which year was it? Maybe we made a mistake...?

Leave a comment:

• Makahlua
    replied
    :whew: Thank goodness I'm a night owl ^^

And I hear ya - I'm still wary of preaccept after ACDG 2

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    It's done. We are 18 minutes before deadline

I hope they will not play tricks. So still headache about it...

Leave a comment:

• Makahlua
    replied
    Ok, here's a presend + done zip. And I did accept Gaia techs, send Doc:L pre-accepted, and went ahead and did both doctors just in case. We're on Doc:Flex until we can find out whether Sparta's going to play fair, trade-wise
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    One more thing, Makahlua, Two bases will get a growth in 2149. Would you expect drone riots? If yes - put a doctor there for this turn only we will get the situation fixed next year.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    Just sent a pm

Leave a comment:

• Makahlua
    replied
    Er, remins me waht the flippin' PW is?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X