This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DARKNESS EDGE HAS RETURNED!!!!

And we only just started on it because of my plans for places to go to study local economics (yes, it's all my fault again)

Btw: If you fancy joining in, feel free to join the CyCon Come and join Method (formerly TKG), DBTS, Maniac, Vlad and a couple of new people

GT: Many things have thier uses. We're strong now (economically) because of Thatcher crushing the unions, low tax rates, selling of properties and public run companies and a lack of public spending. However I wouldn't want to return to Thatcherism. It has created good now, but it messed it up at the time. I'm glad we had it, but extremely glad we don't now
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Glad some of those guys are still around. Never was one for team games though. MWIA and I broke the party system the first time around.

MWIA just posted about starting another, non-team ACDG, along the lines of the first one, but with certain changed features. I'm up for it, if anyone's interested.

Comment

• I'm up for it too. What features/factions etc?
        Smile

Comment

• I think that's still under discussion...

Comment

• I'm not sure I'll respond to your economics post Drogue. I fear it might end up in and .
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Sorry. I'm not to up on the specifics of Eastern European economics. I'm not for unfettered capitalism, but neither do I think there should be that much power in the hands of the government (especially ours ). I'm not a right-wing nut, honest
              Smile

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
                it has no severe levels of poverty. And the overall standard of living seems to be well above (personal unscientific view) African and South American levels.
                Yes it has. Just that the parts where severe levels of poverty exist are not really open to foreign visitors. But I agree overall the living standard is above some of the African and South american countries.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• But I agree overall the living standard is above some of the African and South american countries.
                  And parts of Manchester...

Drogue, why don't you visit a civilised part of Europe, like southern Germany... I have a spare bed if you're interested, and you'd only have to pay a minimal rent

@Herc - hardly anyone even noticed apart from you...

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski

@Herc - hardly anyone even noticed apart from you...

-Jam
                    Would it be because you were busy painting the ceiling?
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
                      In all my years I don't believe I have witnessed such a thing as a free market in anything. I have witnessed price fixing, subsidies, monoploy, cartels, insider dealing, bribery, corruption ( widespread in the EU, as elsewhere ), in-efficiencies, political interference, trade barriers, exploitation of cheap (you know the well known Brand examples) child labour.
                      There isn't such thing as a free market. There are freer markets though. Perfect competition (a free market) is just an idea.
                      Smile

Comment

• I have a spare bed if you're interested, and you'd only have to pay a minimal rent

-Jam
                        Sounds like there is a catch somewhere, perhaps he doesn't want you to leave, ever.
                        Promoter of Public Morale
                        Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

• Are you people still having philosophical arguments? Geez!
                          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• philosophical discussions are not allowed in the rec commons

/me instructs Maniac to throw the non-spammers out

Comment

• What about spam quality psuedo-philosophical discussions?
                              Promoter of Public Morale
                              Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

• Give us an example.
                                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X