No announcement yet.

Smac Dg Pbem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll play the Pirates. And if you really insist, play on DD's Ultimate Builder Map then. But don't start whining when I start whining about my starting position. I have started a few games on that map and every time the Pirates landed in some ocean or ocean trench area while the others started on some good area designed by DilithiumDad.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

i hope you'll settle for having the regular faction logo instead of your avatar. using it would involve making darkened versions of it in 4 different sizes. i'm not ixnay, you know

Comment

Probably you're right. Though I'll check if it's possible to use my avatar for some of the logos, and the Hivean ones for the other more difficult-to-edit ones.

Comment

all done: you can download the new set here

Comment

I've been trying to make my avatar into the faction logo for my pirate faction, but I'm having trouble with the background colour again. As usual, when I try that faction in the game, the background isn't transparent. Does anyone know how to solve that?
            Attached Files

Comment

Ah yes, TKG, in your faction text for me you had changed my special ability from ability 26 to ability 24.

Edit: Another question. With how many units will we start? May I suggest an extra colony pod and scout patrol for the land factions, and an extra sea colony pod and unity foil for the sea factions.
              Last edited by Maniac; February 9, 2003, 20:11.

Comment

regarding the ability, i noticed it when i opened the faction with FACedit. it did seem weird that the pirates should get free algorithmic enhancement

though it would seem i've been playing with it set to 26 for quite some time

Comment

I think that every ability is just showing wrong in the faction editor, eg 26 shows as 24; 5 shows as 3...
                  Together with many other bugs I prefer manual text editing rather than using that editor.

Comment

TKG, methinks you ignored the edited faction I posted above.

Comment

• And of course I'd like my edited faction textfile (preferrably also the graphics but I presume doesn't won't work) used for the game as well. I changed a few texts and fixed the ability.

Comment

• so, 26 was the correct one afterall?

GT, that's possible, but i thought i changed it. i'll fix it after poly's slowdown has subsided

Comment

• dammit, poly. this is my 2nd dp today!
                          /me kicks poly
                          Last edited by Method; February 10, 2003, 19:56.

Comment

• *BUMP* (sort of) Can anyone get in touch with MWIA to see what faction he wants, or should we find a replacement for him? If we can get him sorted out, we'll be all set to go.

Comment

• Got a few small edits to my faction's file as well.
                              Attached Files
                              Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

• FYI, there is an error in Herc's txt file.

^LEADER: {Hercules}
                                ^BACKGROUND: {Ireland, UN Chief Conservationist}
                                ^AGENDA: {Green Democracy}
                                ^TECH: {Centauri Ecology}
                                ^
                                Shjould read

#DATALINKS1
                                ^LEADER: {Hercules}
                                ^BACKGROUND: {Ireland, UN Chief Conservationist}
                                ^AGENDA: {Green Democracy}
                                ^TECH: {Centauri Ecology}
                                ^
                                Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Working...
                                X