Jedinica Vrijstaat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
    Your statement that ti won't solve our Drone problems. Of course, it won't in the sense that didn't have any to begin with, but ti will prevent them.
    I have put it incorrectly. I meant that I don't understand the very term *BS*. Sorry, my mistake.

Ok, well I have, and I can tell you what the results will be.
    You're right, of course. Well, it's hard to be against FM because of pure fun of RP, while adoring this setting because of in-game effects at the same time... *sigh*. I know you don't agree with this point of view, but I hope you understand it.

Once again, my apologies. Such was not my attention, and I was not in a aprticularly good mood at the time. Is ahll delete those sections of my post if you like.
    OK, don't mention that. You know, at almost every point I don't agree with your opinions (more often that with Archaic), but I have always respected that you're not rude or zealous and that one can discuss with you in a reasonable and polite way. I'm happy to see it will not change.

Comment

• I have put it incorrectly. I meant that I don't understand the very term *BS*. Sorry, my mistake.
      It means BullSh*t, i.e. completely incorrect.

You're right, of course. Well, it's hard to be against FM because of pure fun of RP, while adoring this setting because of in-game effects at the same time... *sigh*. I know you don't agree with this point of view, but I hope you understand it.
      Yes, I can understand being against it for RP reasons while thinking it works very well, however, I'm for it for both for RP reasons and because I think it's a good setting.

Comment

• Beloved Jedinicans. I come to you to ask your opinion about our military spending. How big should it be? Is it big enough as it is? We currently support a gatling squad, two trance scout skirmishers, and a trance plasma sentinels. Should we build a trance plasme sentinels in each base, only in certain bases, or should we upgrade existing police infantries to police plasma sentinels? Should we build a few empath rovers? Or something else? Opinions are appreciated.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Great news! Pandemoniak has accepted to become base mayor of Pandemonium.
          From Kirov I haven't heard anything yet.

Archaic, seeing that Comrade Chris isn't as active as you, thereby hopefully not insulting him by this proposal to you, I was wondering if you would like to mayor of Terminal Dogma?

Comment

• And I've updated the economic figures to MY 2228. The text should need an update too, but I fear that will be for another time.

Comment

• No thanks Maniac. While the position is tempting, I wish to hold off from holding any mayor or governor positions until we have bases off this continent.
              Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

• Ambition to become governor of Alecrast no?
                Though I do hope you will remain in the lovely base of Terminal Dogma for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic
                  No thanks Maniac. While the position is tempting, I wish to hold off from holding any mayor or governor positions until we have bases off this continent.
                  Too bad, Jedinica could have looked like the Paris Universal exposition during the Cold War...
                  "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                  "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

• Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Originally posted by Maniac
                      Ambition to become governor of Alecrast no?
                      Though I do hope you will remain in the lovely base of Terminal Dogma for a long time.
                      Indeed, and yes, I probably will be. Unless those sea bases are built near the Hive. Might be a fair enough re-creation.

Comment

• once we get enough sea bases, i think we should make 1 or 2 sea regions. now that'd be cool

Comment

Unless those sea bases are built near the Hive. Might be a fair enough re-creation.
                          Sit on the porch, firing artillery potshots at the Hive coast?

Build a naval weapons R&D facility with testing range, making sure most of the rounds land in Hive territory (preferably a base)?

Ah, the vast potential for entertainment value

Comment

• This is SMAC. Arty is broken still. The only use for it really is shelling enhancements, and since when does the AI terraform well to begin with?

Comment

• I was talking about the RP enjoyment factor of lobbing explosives and such at Yang's territory, not necessarily expecting it to do much. Also, while the computer doesn't terraform nearly as much as a good player, there is quite a bit of (say) farmland and solars around The Leader's Horde; I think it's all within 2 squares of an ocean square. Perhaps shelling all those enhancements wouldn't be an efficient use of our ships (particularly if Yang hits them with needles), but it'd be fun

Comment

This is SMAC. Arty is broken still. The only use for it really is shelling enhancements, and since when does the AI terraform well to begin with?
                                Well I had one game where the Consciousness obtained 8-res armour while I only had tachyon guns. On that occasion I found it useful to have a few artillery pieces to weaken those garrisons protected by perimeter defences and aerospace complexes.
                                But that was indeed about the only time I ever actually used artillery. And since there is no way in plain SMAC to gain strong armour relatively fast, we can just let our future noodles and choppers do all the tough and dirty jobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X