• Time
  • Show
Clear All

back to the 'danish' article...
    it wasn't danish or icelandic, you wrote in the almighty ancient Foreyjaske
    speak more oh holy viking master

Comment

Originally posted by Micha

And in German it is "Promille", like it is "Prozent". Are you quite sure it doesn´t exit in English, too?
      Yes, sir, quite sure, within U.S. English. Occasionally the term "mil" is seen in older textbooks when "parts per thousand" are being discussed, with a mil being a part. Not at all a common usage though. Maybe language implying a continuity of proportions is too "metric" for us, causing loss of bladder control and communist tendencies.

Comment

Is there one more place at your region? I've decided to settle somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
          Oh yes, I just added a new paragraph about Terminal Dogma's free trade zone. Is it ok Archaic?
          Sorry it took so long to reply. You wouldn't believe the mess I've got here IRL. Worst time of year to try and concentrate on something I'm afraid. I hate to think how many days it's been since I've got on the forums.

Looks just fine.
          Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Chris
            back to the 'danish' article...
            it wasn't danish or icelandic, you wrote in the almighty ancient Foreyjaske
            don't have the url- did a 'google' search for 'promillan'...
            so is Foreyjaske a "proto-norse"? Did I stumble accross an article in the equivalent of Celtic or Welsh?
            Last edited by lucky22; December 19, 2002, 15:09.

Comment

Häämm i though it was dialect from old norse, its something like mixed danish and icelandic.. but its closest to the old viking language.. there only live like 40.000 people over there and the language was almost lost because these guys belong to danmark..
              anyway i think this piece is from something like the laws, alcohol in traffic etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Chris
                Häämm i though it was dialect from old norse, its something like mixed danish and icelandic.. but its closest to the old viking language.. there only live like 40.000 people over there and the language was almost lost because these guys belong to danmark..
                anyway i think this piece is from something like the laws, alcohol in traffic etc...
                Thanks. Apparently there is a little cross-over with German too, maybe for technical terms? I realize this is sort of OT at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirov
                  Is there one more place at your region? I've decided to settle somewhere...
                  But of course!!! Jedinica Vrijstaat is always open to new souls and opinions! What base would you desire to settle in? As you've probably noticed, there is a large first post describing the special character and sphere of each base.
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by lucky22
                    I realize this is sort of OT at this point.
                    Nonsense! Everything that keeps the Jedinica Vrijstaat thread on the first page is ok to me!

Comment

yeah and above all, borrowing words and stuff is not very rare here in europe..
                      good, i'm doing advertisment for the freedom state of Jedinica and i'm spamming myself up to something more than settler..

Comment

Way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac

But of course!!! Jedinica Vrijstaat is always open to new souls and opinions! What base would you desire to settle in? As you've probably noticed, there is a large first post describing the special character and sphere of each base.
                          Thank you. I think I will settle in Concordia, seems to have very interestic geography... But first, can you show me the way to the next whisky bar?

Comment

The Rec Commons is here. At the moment I don't think we have a Jedinica bar. Idea for the future maybe Maniac?
                            Smile
                            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Hmm yes, I've thought about the Rec Commons issue as well. It is supposed to be located near the New Apolyton government palace. And I am still supposed to be the bartender. But I live in Concordia...

Though I'd love for the Jedinican citizens to feel really like a citizen of their region (by some RP aspects and giving exclusive voting rights), I don't know if a seperate rec commons would be a good idea. That would seperate our faction a little too much I think. Perhaps a possible solution to maintain a possible RP reality, until we have discovered zero-time-transmission gates in some far future, would be that at every base, citizens can log into the Virtual World at their local network node, and then enter a virtual Rec Commons, which wouldn't be located in some fix base. What'd ye think?

Comment

I like it Wow, we can have our own rec commons in our homes!! Now, who's the nanoscientist? We need personal Virtual World portals

I agree about the seperate commons too actually. We need to remain united, if only by beer
                                Smile
                                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Working...
                                X