No announcement yet.

The Undecided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or you can just join the mods and overlook the endless squabbling.

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
      Do you mean that you are not entirely sure that you will participate in any form?
      Yes, that's what I meant. I'll probably see how the game gets started.

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
      Or you can just join the mods and overlook the endless squabbling.
      Being a mod is the last thing I want.

Comment

You could always run for mod then give your job to me.

Comment

Enigma, you are changing.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Minute Mirage
            Yes, that's what I meant. I'll probably see how the game gets started.
            Yes! That's the spirit!

These threads may not have convinced me of anything, but this faction chest-pumping nonsense (as long as it's SHORT) is great value to read
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan
              A very good question from someone whose rank is considered cannon fodder.....
              Ah - you're making an assumption (and you know the classic definition of to assume)

pfc in fact stands for:

personal favorite (of) Corazon

(remember I fathered her child in the Spartan Chronicles - or was that Dee's????)

G.

Comment

That was Dee's child Googlie.
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Voltaire

Somehow I had a feeling this might happen, not the Spartans dissolving, but the drop in enthusiasm and activity. Everyone is really excited before the game beings, but once it is underway people seem to drop like flies.
                  And the game hasn't even STARTED yet. If and when it does one of us will be sure to PM you to let you know we should watch what happens.

There will always be a drop-off right after the game starts. Interest wanes until interesting stuff happens - like contact with another faction, AI or human. Seen it time and again. You just need a few hardcore people to keep things going until the interesting bits, when you can hope to attract people back. I have (and am) on both sides of that coin.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
                    That was Dee's child Googlie.
                    (At least someone read and remembered Julia)

Comment

I loved that chronicles.
                      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Yeah - I really need to get with Hydro and we'll finish it. Vel shames us in resurrecting his City of Hope and finishing that one (it was dormant for 3 years)

Comment

Goog - I've got a Project for us. It will take 300 mins, and supply crawlers aren't allowed: a SC redux (to summarize the early volumes for new readers), then closing the epic it a fitting and spectacular manner. PM me and let's get started! You should be back in a Spartan frame of mind by now, I'd think...

Hydro

Comment

Working...
                          X