The Undecided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt Dizle
    Anyone who would play the Spartans ought instead to join the Bush campaign.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Enigma:

Were still working out details for the Mini game, the basic principle is that players buy and sell share and Bases among each other to try to acumulate the most wealth and power.

Depending on how radical we are we might directly link the Mini game into our managment system. Thouse who own the bases get to manage them. And no their is no guarantee that every individual gets to manage a base (we alredy have too many people for that) nor anything to prevent a person from owning/managing several bases. We want to set up some insentive and reward system that gives the best manager the most bases. Were also debating the amount of oversight and control the CEO and board will have if they disagree with the managers.
      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Would it be allowed for foreign factions to negotiate with individual Morganite shareholders?
        Eg: If you convince your faction to trade us IndEcon, we'll pay your faction 100 credits, with 50 credits going directly in your pocket.

Comment

Potentialy we would alow individual Morgans to Loan away their Personal Share of our Energy Credits to anyone they wish BUT our CEO would probably be alowed to set a minimum rate of Interest. Tecnologies are a faction wide resorce though so all tec Trading would be done by the Board of Directors and proceeds would be divided amonst all members.
          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

What if somebody decide to gift his base to another faction?
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Then he or she would be taken outside and shot
              Play hangman.

Comment

Before or after the base is gifted?
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

After.
                  SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Ahh all good then.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Is base trading using Codicil allowed? I never saw a poll about it so I assumed it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dizle
                        Oh heck, anyone can play Morgan and win. Anyone who would play the Spartans ought instead to join the Bush campaign.
                        Or maybe it's beign different. Those who live their lives one way, want to experience the different style in a fantasy world. It's just a desire to have a different style in a fantasy world. Maybe anyone who would play as the Spartans have far too much repressed need to blow things up. Humanitarians for bloodshed!
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Well, anyone interested in serious RP is most warmly welcome to the Gaians and the Templar Brotherhood whos RP will be heavily based on Dan Simmons Hyperion. If you like roleplaying in general please feel free to click the link on my signature too.
                          Attached Files
                          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Voltaire - hello there! I am undecided as well, and wary of the spam and copious meta-game stuff that many factions seem to be implementing to (IMO) the detriment of the game and learning experience itself.

You could always do what I intend to do - wait until the game starts to see which faction(s) are actually getting along and playing well, as opposed to delaying the save, spamming uncontrollably and bogging everyone down in minigames.
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

With Drogue and Jamski leaving, perhaps I should join the rank of the undecided too. That way I can wait and see if the Spartans get enough members and are active enough, and if not, join another faction.

Comment

Spartans dissolving would be most unfortunate. The more teams we have the more interesting and better. That said, you are always welcome to Gaians Maniac
                                Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                                X