The Undecided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hydro
    Is it just me, or is the tone of ACDG getting a little unfriendly?
    No, I'm always serious. The rest of the folk seem opposite of serious.

is the ACDG an exercise in blood-makes-grass-grow competitiveness?
    We each play it my own way. That is my style.

Originally posted by Obstructor
    It is him alone. Victory would be welcome, but fun is our priority.
    We're all in the ACDG for our own reasons.
    What's your problem with mine?
    Since when did the ACDG become a police state as to our motives for playing?
    I'm here to learn the GP and kick some ass.

If you are trying to boot me for my interference with 'fun',
    then you simply prove how selfish (and self-righteous) you are,
    and how much misguided emotions interfere with your life.
    Your 'fun' interferes with my competitiveness, so why aren't you booted?
    Or is Democracy here just Tyranny by Majority, with a 1 to 1 vote not only on politics, but on who gets to have a good time?

No, this ACDG is for everyone - and all motives are welcome.
    It won't become a Tyranny by Majority because (I hope) we're better people than that.

Comment

I rate this troll 1/10.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Then you shouldn't have posted it.
        Nice antisocial behaviour there obs.

Comment

Oh come on enigma... his rating of your troll was a far better troll because you fell for it. I'd give obstructor 8/10
          Play hangman.

Comment

My post wasn't a troll, Chaunk.

Comment

My post wasn't a troll. Enough of this fighting (although thank you Chaunk - it wasn't intended). Is there anyone yet undecided ?
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Yeah, Voltaire needs a faction.

Comment

Anyone new undecided? And I know that some people are just lurking on this forum, trying to figure out whom to join. Don't be ashamed , post here.

Comment

I expect they'll all gravitate to Sparta, seeing as I bumped the thread with my application.
                    Stuff like that happens some time.

Shouldn't some eco-loony dance naked through this thread and post some stuff about JOIN GAIANS ?

Comment

I'm still considering joining the game, although I'm not sure I count as new.

Comment

Do you mean that you are not entirely sure that you will participate in any form?

Comment

Greetings, Minute Mirage. For those who are unaware, MM was probably the most active and effective member of the University in the just-ended demo game.

Assuming you do decide to join this iteration of the democracy game, I hope you're able to find a faction. The Data Angels seem like a good choice -- we are the most research-minded of this whole bunch, and to top it off we are efficient -- we "salvage" the research of other factions so that our scientists need not duplicate their time-consuming labors. If you want a faction where you can have a strong voice in the decision-making, where we don't have a huge number of experienced players already, the Angels should be a good bet as well.

Welcome to the third SMAC Democracy Game, and good luck making your choice.
                          Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

"Most Research Oriented?!"

*SCOFF SCOFF SCOFF*

My dear coleagues, as we all know Reserach Grants are expensive and only a vibrant Economy like that of Morgan industries can generate the nessary Capital to fund cutting edge Research or furnish state of the art facilites. And as for the Data Angels blith disregard for intilectual property rights I can tell you with no hesitation that such tactics will soon cause a talent to losse all standing in Chirons scientific comunity.
                            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Ah, but research what?

Only by joining the Spartan Federation can you satisfy that longing; scratch that itch; slake that thirst - for pure unfettered military research.

By focusing on armor and weapons research, we will be the first faction to build a Planetbuster - come and give in to the dark side, MM - you know you want to.

Be our Star Wars Commander-in-Chief and control a vast array of Orbitals - Defence Pods, Flechette Defense Systems, Geosynchronous Survey Satellites, and show all of Chiron that Sparta is not to be messed with

pfc Googlie (formerly web technician at Morgan Datalinks)

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                                Ah, but research what?

pfc Googlie (formerly web technician at Morgan Datalinks)
                                A very good question from someone whose rank is considered cannon fodder.....

From the Gaian perspective, to look down from a hillside and know why all the trees in the forest below grow to the same height, and to know what caused the great coastal dead zones that plagued Old Earth in the early 2010's, and to know how to prevent that from occuring on Planet. Finally, to know the biological/chemical process that creates cultivated foods such as cheeses and spirits, and how to manipulate the involved bacterial genomes such that they become time bombs upon contact with a sentient's digestive tract.... These are the things the Gaians can offer in the research arena, and much more! For no one else can boast the depth of understanding that we do into the genetic makeup of the human mind, and how to create shortcuts towards the next step in Human Evolution, the Empath!
                                Many avenues. You need only sign up with the Gaians.

Lord Darsnan

Gaian High Command

Comment

Working...
                                X