No announcement yet.

Solving the Tassadar Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Skanky, aren't you one of the people who say I should be cast out?
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• Check the private forum.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by Googlie
          PEACE wqere bitter, and I don't think they ever forgave me for that (and if you remember, I did resign over it, and it was at that time that Tass and I PM'd Ming and Tass got access to all forums - he already had the passwords from a friend of his who hacked the .sav files and was at that time an "assistant God"
          What the hell? Who hacked the .sav files?

Originally posted by Googlie
          So my advice would be:

Get a CMN who wants to set up the game and who has the time to commit to effectively policing the game and dealing with the inevitable crap.

And give him/her absolute power to make rulings - and accept them for what they are - honest attempts to interpret the spirit of the game to the benefit of all.
          Sound advice. I also think that rulings should generally be transperent; that is to say, if someone is acting dodgy then perhaps it might be a good idea to let other people in the game know about it - no-one really wants to play with folks who exploit problems with the game all the time (at least I don't...).
          Trithemius
          ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

• As far as I remember somebody got the password for all the teams somehow and emailed them to tass. We never did figure out who he is. But he has not done anything more further, and other than tass had to quit from his team, the game has not been disrupted.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Originally posted by HongHu
              As far as I remember somebody got the password for all the teams somehow and emailed them to tass. We never did figure out who he is. But he has not done anything more further, and other than tass had to quit from his team, the game has not been disrupted.
              Trithemius

Comment

• There may be much more background to this incident that we the common drones are not allowed to access though.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• MY take

I think accusations should not be levelled without proof.

As for tassadar, all I can say is that he does not give off the appearance of impartiality-- you not only have to make an impartial decision but you must give off the appearance of impartiality while doing so.

Googlie-- when I was in PEACE I never doubted your impartiality or felt there was any reason for bad blood. I initially disagreed with your decision but then accepted it when I became aware of all the circumstances.

I was sorry you recused yourself from later decisions regarding PEACE. That subsequent decision by Tassadar was wrong . It is inconceivable to me that a team cannot take advantage of a suprising military victory against the odds even if it did arise out of some unknown bug. .. . has anyone tested this in other games to show that scrapping a command centre leads to improbable victories as a matter of course or does it simply lead into a different set of battle calculations. I see that Googlie would have ruled the other way but c'est la vie.

I enjoyed the democracy game for the time I played in it and I checked in here from time to time.

I think I will have time to participate more in the next one but just have to figure out what I want to do.
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• The Poll is closed. The people have spoken. Let us not discuss the past, but the future.

Tass, will you follow the will of the people, or stand proud and defiant?

It matters not if you are wrong or right, but it matters that the democratic will of the majority is heard.

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• 20 votes, Jam... and quite a few said they'd boycot it... I'm not sure how accurate it is...
                      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                        The Poll is closed. The people have spoken. Let us not discuss the past, but the future.

Tass, will you follow the will of the people, or stand proud and defiant?

It matters not if you are wrong or right, but it matters that the democratic will of the majority is heard.

-Jam
                        I'm actually following this poll, Jam: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=112958

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• I thought you said the purpose of this poll is to make sure we start a discussion for the next game ...

Originally posted by Jamski

I'm making sure we start a discussion on who will mod the next game. It seems to be working.

-Jam

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Originally posted by HongHu
                            There may be much more background to this incident that we the common drones are not allowed to access though.
                            That in itself is a bit worrying.
                            Trithemius

Comment

• I am thoroughly against Tassadar in all these endeavours.
                              A fierce Judgementalist would always hate an influential idiot.
                              For much the same reason I don't support Jamski as a mod, either.
                              HongHu is far from impartial.

Go Go Gadget Drogue.

Comment

• For much the same reason I don't support Jamski as a mod, either.
                                Neither do I

-Jam
                                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                                X