Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamski
    You missed the big point again.

Tass is claiming Godlike authority over our ACDG. Why is this? When did we all get together and say "Tass is our leader! Let him make desisions! Let him moderate our Private Forums!" Googlie perhaps has some authority, as he created and set up the game, but why is Tass acting like he's in charge of the ACDG?
    We had a poll, dear Jamski, that gives tass the permission to assist Googlie to make in game decisions. And different teams made their own decisions on whether they allow tass in their forum. And it happens that Hive and CCs are two teams that allowed him in. I know you are forgetful, that's ok. Hope you remember this now.

THAT, ladies and gentlemen is the point. If we had elected Tass as out god, then I would have no objections to his behavior. The whole question of information passing or styleless spam is only a side issue. The main question is : Does the mod serve the game, or does the game serve the mod? I really feel that in a democracy game, the democratic players of that game have the right to decide these things.
    IIRC nobody has ever claimed that the game serves the mod. The only question is, are you now claiming that the ACDG game has been serving tass? If yes oh sure I would support your effort to overthrow him, and long ago too. Pity I do not think anybody will say that our game has been serving tass.

I also think this is the perfect moment to make these points. Too late for the changes to disrupt the current game, but in plenty of time for the people to discuss and debate the arrangements for the next game, and the role and position of any future mods/gods/CMNs, and how they should be defined.
    Make an adequate discussion thread then, and quit your personal attacks toward one single person.

Or is it usual in a game of football that the referee gives himself a free kick?

-Jam
    Is it usual in a game of football that certain players can gang up and beat up the referee and claims that they are right and their actions should be followed by all?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

What, and not be able to go right from one game to another?

I'm fine with that, but then Jam wouldn't get all the posts he was hoping for...

MWIA, it's not that we're ignoring you, per se, it's just that it's only you and Tass that seem to be making arguements against a multi-team DG.

It's difficult being a lonely voice, but how else are we supposed to do it? Even given the problems that have happened, Tass has still done the job to the best of his abilities (and fairly well given he hasn't had any guidelines) people want to play another team DG... I can understand your annoyance, but how can the group as a whole really help without going against what the majority wants?
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash
        So much more is being defined all the time... I really doubt we'll have as much trouble in the next game as we did in this one.

We know that most PBEM unmentioned rules are out the window due to not everybody being aware of them and we know that there are individuals who are playing to win as opposed to playing to have fun and roleplay.

As long as we encourage more have fun and roleplay, and can get a CMN to encourage that in the private forums who can also quickly figure out wordings of polls for situations that doesn't reveal anything the team doesn't want to reveal we're good to go, IMHO.

What we didn't realize at the start of this was how much the CMN may still be needed after the creation, which is what hit Googlie and all of us so hard in the first place.

Like the PK constitution we just need some kind of CMN guidelines for next game to help the CMN know what the players want without forcing the CMN to reveal game-important material when it woudl be detrimental.
        I agree with every word you said, FlameFlash. I hope we can all discuss things with this kind of attitude.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

HongHu, some fine arguments, but the poll results speak more clearly than any point-by-point rebuttal. Shall we agree that we disagree, but allow the democratic process to be completed. Thankyou for your interesting opinions.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash

MWIA, it's not that we're ignoring you, per se, it's just that it's only you and Tass that seem to be making arguements against a multi-team DG.

It's difficult being a lonely voice, but how else are we supposed to do it? Even given the problems that have happened, Tass has still done the job to the best of his abilities (and fairly well given he hasn't had any guidelines) people want to play another team DG... I can understand your annoyance, but how can the group as a whole really help without going against what the majority wants?
            Yes I do understand that (it is a post I have seen before, more or less). At the risk of staying off topic I have to stress that there's a difference between being felt to have been listened to and still disagreed with for some reasons (maybe after some fun debate), and it seeming like one's posts were ignored totally. That is what it got to before any poll on the issue was started. Everyone was getting so carried away in their different ideas that there was little debate I saw on the whyfors or whynots for a single faction game - and I still have seen no reason why we can't revive the ACPSG as well, at the very least, yet that lies forgotten as well.

And if Tass and I are lonely voices, we just have to speak all the more loudly to be heard.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

HongHu, some fine arguments, but the poll results speak more clearly than any point-by-point rebuttal. Shall we agree that we disagree, but allow the democratic process to be completed. Thankyou for your interesting opinions.

-Jam
              Yes. Lets agree to disagree. Let me remind you though your poll only has 17 votes so far. I believe many people like myself is so disgusted about this poll so they have not voted.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

In that case, my dear, I offer you the honourable xenobanana option

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

No. I refuse to vote in this poll. I consider this to be a personal attack without basis, for certain personal reasons. To vote means I support such behavior.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

The Xenobanana indicates that you abstain from voting. Not to vote at all means neither that you support or disagree. Not voting at all means nothing.

That's WHY the banana option is always there - so people who think the poll/topic/etc is crap can register their dismay.

-Jam

Comment

To be honest, I can't see the point though. The game is practically finished now and we are gearing up for the new one. Tass will not be a mod for the next game, so there isn't much point for this poll.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

My understanding of the banana option is that it says "I don't care". But I do care.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          To be honest, I can't see the point though. The game is practically finished now and we are gearing up for the new one. Tass will not be a mod for the next game, so there isn't much point for this poll.
                          Exactly. Except that the timing of the poll still allows people to gain infinite amount of postcounts from it.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I'm making sure we start a discussion on who will mod the next game. It seems to be working.

/me pushes the stick in the ants nest again *

-Jam

Comment

I'm making sure we start a discussion on who will mod the next game.

-Jam
                              Sure you are.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Code:
                                 Jamski   	19
                                HongHu 	14
                                Comrade Tassadar 	13
                                GeoModder 	10
                                obstructor 	10
                                FlameFlash 	7
                                Trithemius 	6
                                MrWhereItsAt 	4
                                Skanky Burns 	3
                                Method 	1
                                laurentius 	1
                                GeneralTacticus 	1
                                Exactly. Except that the timing of the poll still allows people to gain infinite amount of postcounts from it.
                                Sorry to make you suffer so

Ok, I'm done here. No need to keep making the same points. Those who disagree with me can do so without my responding to them.

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X