No announcement yet.

Solving the Tassadar Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we should look at some other experienced CMN 's to design the next game.

Some name's to put into the pot are:

Tau Ceti: semi-retired but I noticed he just posted recently somewhere else. He has massive experience in designing games and knows it thoroughly.

Buster: Yes himself, the silent one but beyond criticism as game designer and judge.

Mongoose: Very, very knowledgeable about the game and it's twists and turns but don't know if he has designed a game before.

Darsnan: Almost automatic choice as he has volunteered to CMN so many games for newcomers and for giving something back to the game. But It would be good if he could now participate.

Shadowlord3: Spends most of his time now in Civ3 land? but extremely skillful when he plays SMAC/X and has set up a number of games in the past.

If pushed I am sure we can come up with a selection of further game experienced neutral designers
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I'd prefer someone who is not related to the ACDG in any way.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• Darsnan is the no. 1 choice to be sure

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• If Darsnan wants to join the Gaians in this game, then Dilithium Dad has done some sterling work in designing maps and CMN'ing games before. I don't know if he could devote the time needed to properly MOD the game after it gets going, though

Comment

• Would there be a problem having the designer and the mod as seperate people? Actually, isn't that similar to what eventuated in this game?
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• The abstainate people would be the best.

I don't know most of the people here, so pick someone who is
              A. Brilliant
              B. Not involved in the game
              C. Knows what they're doing.

Darsnan may be in this one.
              Remember, we can't force CMNage or modship. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                Remember, we can't force CMNage or modship.
                But it'd be a highly suspect and disatisfying game without one

G.

Comment

• True, but we cannot force any Particular CMN to show up.

Usually one crawls out like a cockroach from the woodwork and we worship them like a god.
                  This was not aimed at you, Googlie.

Comment

• Usually one crawls out like a cockroach from the woodwork and we worship them like a god.
                    I take this to be provocative and not really meant.

I think some of the above and others should be sounded out.

Shanky: Re Designer v Mod. I agree the mod(s) doesn't have to be the game designer.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I think buster would be an awesome choice, as he has a good ability to set up the game and has previously indicated a desire to participate. I think Darsnan should join the gaians so I can whip his butt again.

C
                      Play hangman.

Comment

• Put it to a vote?

I want to see the previous SMAX multiplayer maps that both Buster and Darsnan have made.
                        Is there a directory somewhere?

Comment

• Somewhere around here I think there is... if they've submitted them...
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigma_Nova

HongHu is far from impartial.
                            Yes I'm soft on love and hard on hate.

Actually if the mod is the same with the CMN, I wouldn't even qualify. So there you go, no worries.
                            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Good thing that the CMN is different from the forum moderator, then.

Your bias against conflict could prove unprofitable in this game. Watch that it does not interfere with your goals (whatever they may be).

Comment

• Thanks for the wise words Enigma. I'll have to make sure I know what are my goals first. I can be very conflictoray if needed.
                                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X