Faction Sign Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
    There were no official provisions because the issue was never resolved - and you should remember that I raised precisely this issue when the subject was first brought up. And I do not consider it in any way fair to force a faction to assume that everything they've done is now known to another team because a player decided to switch sides.
    If we were perhaps a few more turns into the game I would agree, but thus far only 1 to 2 turns have been played, so I cannot possibly imagine what grand plans you could have conceived that could not be changed.
    You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassadar5000

However, yet still there were no official provisions. It is irrelevant as to whether they were solved or not. One cannot say that something is illegal simply because it was never resolved, for it remains illegal until declared illegal.
      I never said it was illegal; I said it should be, and that claiming that it shouldn't be simply because we enver decided to make it so is specious because the discussion was enver resolved, and was instead ignored.

Comment

I never said it was illegal; I said it should be, and that claiming that it shouldn't be simply because we enver decided to make it so is specious because the discussion was enver resolved, and was instead ignored.
        Well, what is done is done and I have done nothing violating the rules of the game. If you wish to create rules following this incident, then I suggest that you do so immediately before others follow my example.

However, I have found refuge with in the Human Hive and there I shall stay for all time!!!!
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• Originally posted by Voltaire

If we were perhaps a few more turns into the game I would agree, but thus far only 1 to 2 turns have been played, so I cannot possibly imagine what grand plans you could have conceived that could not be changed.
          Deciding on what tech path to pursue is a fairly important one, which shouldn't have to be changed because one player decided to join another team; and knowledge of our position on the map (and what our start looks like, to say nothing of what our password is) is also fairly important knowledge, is it not?

Comment

Deciding on what tech path to pursue is a fairly important one, which shouldn't have to be changed because one player decided to join another team; and knowledge of our position on the map (and what our start looks like, to say nothing of what our password is) is also fairly important knowledge, is it not?
            Tech path aside, I'll agree. The location you will just have to trust Tass not to reveal, the password I believe can be changed by Googlie.
            You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

• Hopefully I have resolved the issue with GT
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• The Human Hive State Security welcomes you, Tassadar. We expect hundreds of people to leave their "democratic" and "wealthy" origins to join the only faction that can really promise the best life possible.

Furthermore we hope that you have forgotten our former quarrels...

And for the University members:
                It is unlikely that Tass will carry that dangerous knowledge for long since every citizens is nerve stapled twice a week just out of habit because there a so many exciting things to see here that one forgets about his former life within days!
                Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                Let me eat your yummy brain!
                "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

• Also, there is the idea that even if he were not to reveal anything, which I trust him to do, when he is discussing what to do next, he has the information from the UoP in the back of his head, and that could affect his advice. If they are deciding which SPs to go for, and thus which techs to get, he knows what the UoP will be going for. If someone asks him for his opinion, it will be clouded by the fact that he knows what one of the fastest researching factions is going for. Also, when talking about exploring, he knows whereabouts of the map the UoP is. Thus even without revealing it, if it's a decision between going North or going South, and he knows the UoP is North, it will cloud the advice he gives.

Also, without the two factions having met, it is hard to RP it. Did he walk of into the wilderness for miles and then found the Hive?

As I said I the other thread, I would personally not allow defectors untilt he factions have met. Thus they know where each other is, and possibly have even infiltrated. However it is up to Tassadar, the UoP and the Hive to decide this particular case. I would just like that as a general rule.

On a side not, I have PMed Markos, because GT being mod of this main forum, means he can access all forums IIRC, and have mod powers there This is obviously not fair, and I think Googlie should become mod of the main ACDG forum, since he is the only one who is in all forums and impartial.
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• I think this is bad. Tass, since you obviously made up your mind about this a long time ago, you could have had the basic decency to join the Hive from scratch.

Feh. I think I'll take a few days off this one. Can't say I find it all that amusing anymore.
                    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

• It will be a shame to see you go Moomin
                      Smile

Comment

• I agree with moomin. Everyone was surprised you joined the UoP instead of the Hive. You even started the thread about defections yourself some time ago. This shows well you never had any intention of staying with the UoP. Personally I think you should be thrown out of the Hive ànd the UoP at least until these factions have met.
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• don't worry guys, he hasn't said anything. And I'm being 100 percent honest here.

I agree that Googlie should be a mod as well seeing as how is seems EXTREMELY impartial and very fair. I trust Tassadar won't divulge any information about the University, and quite frankly, wouldn't like it if other people divulged our information.

I put my trust in Tass and not as a fellow teammate but as a regular Apolytoner. Unfortunately, i don't hold any sway in the Hive but rest assured, I want my first (official) Democracy game to be an enjoyable experience and will make sure that is remains so.
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Maniac-do you propose that we quarrintine Tassadar's citizenship until our two factions meet? Maybe not have Tass hold a position where his knowledge would affect the outcome of the game?

I'm just trying to make this fair here.
                            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                            *****Citizen of the Hive****
                            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• Exactly! (Though I'm actually shooting myself in the foot by this as I've thought about defecting to the Hive as well due to certain ideological problems in the CyCon.)
                              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• I agree with Frankychan and Maniac.

Maniac: Please don't go because of that. When it comes to running the game, we agree on a lot, just not on a few RP bits. Feel free to RP as you wish, and I will do the same. Just because we disagree on that, doesn't mean we cannot still run the faction, IMHO.
                                Smile

Comment

Working...
                                X