ACDG4 Game One: The Sword of the Righteous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vyeh
    mart7x5, I'm still having problems using imageshack. I'm attaching these screen shots through 'poly. I've registered with imageshack. But when I try to upload a file, it hangs. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    Maybe you tried it just after registration?
    Try now, after some time, I do not know, how their database works.

Also, try smaller pictures, maybe it is a problem of connection speed. As registered you may delete the pictures.
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Originally posted by mart7x5
      Maybe you tried it just after registration?
      Try now, after some time, I do not know, how their database works.

Also, try smaller pictures, maybe it is a problem of connection speed. As registered you may delete the pictures.
      I got all the pictures uploaded with no problem between 7 and 8 am EST. I think imageshack is overloaded during the afternoon.
      Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

• Posted 2301 5th mid-turn save.

Notes:
        (1) CBU attacked Morgan Energy Monopoly: SotR PR 50% damaged, PT 50%, PR 50%, MW 50%, TT 50%, IR 50%, IR 50%, synth police 50%; Morgan PT 50%, scout patrol 50%.

Plex Anthill:
        (2) Occupied Working Man Hold. 23 ec seized. Moved worker from 2/2/2 river forest square to 0/2/9 river energy bonus borehole. Base went from 2 excess nuts/5 excess mins/4 excess energy (0 excess ec, 2 labs) to 0/5/9 (3, 5). Changed production to colony pod (we should discuss this).

(3) Before TT occupied Working Man Hold, it had recycling tank, perimeter defense, recreation commons and tree farm. After occupation, it has perimeter defense, tree farm.

(4) Before occupation, we needed 60 labs for Industrial Economics, with 7 labs accumulated and producing 16 labs/turn. We expected Industrial Economics in 4 years. After occupation, we needed 60 labs, with 21 labs accumulated and producing 21 labs/turn. We now expect Industrial Economics in 2 years. So we gained 14 labs, a production increase of 5 labs/turn and 2 years!

(5) Scouting by CBU revealed 2 synth police SW of base; 1 uni IR 2 sq. S of base; and SotR II, Uni IR and Uni TT 2 sq. S of bunker.

(6) At Plex, we currently have 2 disciplined TT, 2 hardened O's (40%, 10% damaged), 1 veteran O (30%), 1 hardened CBU, 1 disciplined CBU, 1 elite intel (already moved), and 1 disciplined O. There are 2 TT and 1 intel 1 1/3 mp away from Working Man Hold with 1 1/3 mp remaining.

Proposed move:
        #1: Load CBU onto intel. Move loaded intel 1 sq. W. Unload CBU. Intent: Scout with CBU deep radar ability.

EDIT:
        Plex Anthill:
        (1) Move 2 CBU, 40% damaged O 2 sq. S (2/3 mp). Load onto 2 TT's and 1 intel. Move loaded units into Working Man Hold (1/3 mp). Unload CBU's and O. Intent: CBU's fire at full strength with partial movement point. O will attack probe team.
        (2) Load remaining O's (10%, 30% damaged) onto 2 TT's. Move loaded TT's to WMH. Unload O's. Intent: 10% damaged O will attack synth police (after it has been bombarded). 30% damaged O will attack Uni IR S of WMH.
        (3) Move disciplined intel 1 sq. S (1/3 mp). Load CBU. Move loaded intel to PA (1/3 mp). Unload CBU. Move unloaded intel to Worker's Nest. Intent: Garrison WN.

Working Man Hold:
        (1) Move 40% damaged O to bunker (0 mp). Intent: O will launch hasty assault at uni probe team adjacent to bunker.
        (2) Move CBU at bunker (homed to WMH) to WMH (0 mp). Intent: only CBU with full mp can use deep radar ability.
        (3) Load CBU and 30% damaged O onto 2 TT's. Move loaded TT's 1 sq. S (1 mp). Unload CBU and O. Intent: Deep radar. O will attack uni IR.
        (4) Move 2 TT's to bunker (0 mp). Intent: TT's will attack 2 SotR IR's next to bunker.
        END EDITED PORTION

UN Headquarters: Change production to synth probe team. Pop progenitor pod with colony pod. Establish base at river forest square next to pod (2 sq. W by SW of UNHQ).

Worker's Nest: Establish base with colony pod at rolling moist square 2 sq. NW of Worker's Nest).

EDIT
        If there are no comments 24 hours from the time of the original post, I'll implement and post a mid-turn save.
        END EDITED PORTION
        Attached Files

Comment

• Posted 2301 6th mid-turn save.

Notes:
          (1) Nothing revealed by CBU.

Working Man Hold:
          (2) CBU revealed a few more squares.

UN Headquarters:
          (3) Somehow, the game now considers us to have prototype synthmetal armor. There was no prototype cost when I set the base to build a synth probe team.

(4) Progenitor Pod: "We have recovered a survey pod from the Unity. It has located abundant Mineral resources."

(5) We got the following message when we attempted to found a new base: "Operations Director. Our colony is becoming larger and more difficult to manage. As the colony expands beyond 6 bases, its swollen bureaucracy will create additional drones. Improving your society's EFFICIENCY rating can help to alleviate this problem."

(6) "Chief Librarian. U.N Planetary Trust founded in 2301." UN Planetary Trust has 1 excess nut/3 excess mins/3 excess energy (1 excess ec, 2 labs).

Worker's Nest:
          (7) "Chief Librarian. U.N. Education Agency founded in 2301." UN Education Agency has 1/3/2 (1, 1).

Proposed moves:
          #1: Move CBU 1 sq. E and upgrade CBU on monolith. Move intel 1 sq. N and mind control SotR synth police for 12 ec.

UN Headquarters:: Pop Progenitor pod at (44,36) (2 sq. SE) with intel unit.

UN Planetary Trust: Set build to Rover Probe Team.

Great Clustering: Set build to Rover Probe Team. Pop Progenitor pod at (36,34) (3 sq. W by SW) with intel unit.

Working Man Hold:
          (1) Bombard 2 synth police with CBU's (starting with CBU S of WMH) until they are both at least 20% damaged. Move remaining CBU's (if any) to bunker.
          (2) 10% damaged O attacks synth police.
          (3) 30% damaged O S of WMH attacks uni IR.

Bunker:
          (1) 40% damaged O hasty attacks uni probe team.
          (2) 2TT's attacks SotR IR's.
          (3) CBU's (if any) attack stack 2 sq. S of bunker.

If there are no comments within 24 hours, I'll implement and post a mid-turn save.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Please note that I am proposing popping two pods. I'm making the proposal because the intel units at UNHQ and Great Clustering had nothing else to do.

Pro's: Gain ec (resupply pods), factor of production bonuses, alien artifacts, complete synth probe team, progenitor rover or foil

Mixed: gain tech

Con: mind worm (we don't have combat unit to attack), fungal bloom, dimensional gate

Should we pop the pods or wait?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mead
              All I remember is that if you pop a pod that is not adjacent to one of your bases your chances of good things happening drop.

We could wait until we build bases next to the pods before we pop them. Or at the least wait until we have military units nearby that can profit from any MWs.
              OK, I'll wait on popping pods.

Comment

• Posted 2301 7th mid-turn save.

Notes:
                (1) Mead suggested holding off on further pod popping.

(2) Disciplined CBU upgraded to hardened.

Working Man Hold
                (3) CBU bombarded synth police units: 30% damaged, 30% damaged.

(4) 10% damaged O attacks synth police: 27-14 odds, O is 40% damaged. Remaining synth police is 60% damaged.

(5) 30% damaged O attacks uni IR: 7-3 odds. O remains 30% damaged. IR is 50% damaged and disengages.

Bunker
                (6) 40% damaged O hasty attacks uni PT: 576-5. O remains 40% damaged.

(7) TT attacks IR's: First attack, 25-5 odds, TT is 10% damaged, remaining IR is 30% damaged. Second attack, 50-7 odds, TT is 10% damaged.

(8) 2 CBU's attack stack 2 sq. S of bunker: First attack, II 20% damaged, IR 10 % damaged, TT 20% damaged. Second attack, II 30% damaged, IR remains 10% damaged, TT remains 20% damaged.

Proposed moves:
                #1: Synth police skips turn.

#2: Synth police designated defender.

UN Planetary Trust: Production set to scout patrol.

UN Education Agency: Production set to scout patrol.

Great Clustering: Rush colony pod for 41 ec (22 ec remaining). Intel skips turn.

UN Headquarters: Production set to colony pod. Intel skips turn.

Worker's Nest: Production set to scout patrol.

Sheng-ji Yang Base: CBU skips turn.

Diplomacy: Contact Hive. Refuse trade of uni world map for Information Network. Refuse trade of Applied Physics for Information Network. Sell Information Network for 25 ec (47 ec). Intent: As mart7x5 said at the beginning of the turn, we'll get the uni world map anyway from our Pactmate. The 25 ec will allow us to (1) rush colony production at Plex Anthill and mind control the remaining SotR synth police at Working Man Hold.

Plex Anthill: Rush colony pod for 28 ec (19 ec).

Working Man Hold:
                (1) Mind control SotR synth police for 19 ec (0 ec) (1/3 mp). Load synth police onto intel and move back to base (1/3 mp). Unload synth police and skip turn of synth police and intel.
                (2) Load O in base onto TT and move TT 1 sq. S (1 mp). Intent: Together with the other two TT's, O and CBU in that square, we have an attack force that will seize the adjacent monolith next turn and the bunker beyond the following turn.

If there are no comments within 24 hours, I'll implement and post an end turn save.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Sounds ok.

Comment

• Posted 2301 end turn save.

Notes:

(1) Our current world map exploration data:

The only bases not shown are the Spartans. We know that their territory is located in the upper land mass west of the Hive.

(2) The current power graph:

(3) We are currently researching Industrial Economics. It will take 60 labs to research. We have 22 labs accumulated and are producing 23 labs/turn. We expect to discover Industrial Economics just before 2303. At that point, assuming we don't trade for a tech, we will be able to choose Industrial Automation for roughly 120 labs. If we found two bases next turn (two colony pods will be produced next turn), it should take about 4 or 5 turns to research.

(4) We have 0 ec and are producing 13 ec/turn.

(5) Tactical disposition around #1:
                    Next turn, the synth police and the intel (stacked with the synth police) can return to the observation post. In subsequent turns, we can move into Spartan territory.

(6) Tactical disposition around #2:

All theater forces (2 II, 1 synth police, O, CBU, intel and TT) are concentrated. Next turn, they can move next to Morgan Energy Monopoly and begin reducing the defenders.

Diplomacy with the Hive
                    (7) Hive - Noncommittal: "Ah, Brother Lal the humane ...
                    "... I have a nice map of the University which I'd be happy to exchange for ... Information Networks."

"No. I don't think that will be necessary."

"... I will share ... Applied Physics [for] Information Networks."

"Out of the question."

"Always a pleasure to be of service, Brother Lal.
                    "Pact Brother, I am now uploading my most recent world map ...
                    "... I implore you to send assistance, as my back is to the wall.
                    "Have you any further business?"

"I have a proposal to make.
                    "I have urgent need of energy credits."

"I see. And what do you offer in return?"

"Some of my valuable research data, perhaps?"

"Your information on Information Networks is of interest to me, but I can only pay you 25 energy credits. Is this satisfactory?"

"Transmit information on Information Networks."

"Have you any further business?"

"I believe we are finished here. Lal out."

(8) Western University territory:

Once we get past Gagarin Memorial, there is nothing but road until the SotR base Agincourt. But then we face a bunker and a choke point.

(9) Eastern University territory:

To approach SotR from the West, we'd have to go through University Base, Climactic Reseach and Mendelev College. However, there is a magrail between Mendelev College and SotR territory.

Working Man Hold
                    (10) Tactical disposition around Working Man Hold:

We have an attack force of 3 TT's, 1 CBU and 2 O's ready to move onto the monolith next turn and into the bunker the turn after.

Summary: We've completed the initial phase. In the first three turns, we've (1) captured two SotR bases, (2) infiltrated the SotR, (3) stolen two techs and researched two techs, (4) acquired knowledge of the SotR, Gaian, Morganic and University territories. (5) located the Spartans, (6) founded three bases, (7) formed a Pact with the Gaians and (8) acquired three synth police and two impact infantry through mind control. We've managed to do so with no losses.

We've started the next phase. Our units are prepared to fight their way to Academgorodok (and meanwhile seal our borders). In the next turn, we'll begin reducing the defenders in the first Morgan base. In two turns, we should be ready to cross into Spartan territory (unless Spartan units come to meet us).

I don't expect any diplomacy or research to occur before the next turn.

If one of you wants to take over as turn player, this is a good point.

If there are no comments within 24 hours, I'll end the turn and post an initial 2302 save (after activating all of the CBU's).
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Mead, now that we've located all bases except for the Spartans, do you still possess any unrevealed knowledge from your encounter with the scenario editor?

Comment

• Posted 2302 initial save.

Notes:

Current world map:

(1) We still require 60 labs to acquire Industrial Economics, which we expect to acquire next turn (we have 43 labs accumulated and are producing 21 labs/turn).

(2) The Gaians went from needing 48 labs to acquire Centauri Ecology with 24 labs accumulated and producing 12 labs/turn to needing 44 labs with 36 accumulated and producing 12 labs/turn.

(3) The Hive still requires 65 labs to acquire Industrial Economics. They currently have 27 labs and are producing 19 labs/turn.

(4) The SotR has acquired Centauri Ecology, Social Psych and Secrets of the Human Brain. They currently require 140 labs to acquire High Energy Chemistry. They have 8 labs accumulated and are producing 40 labs/turn.

(5) Ec and Ec/turn: Us (11,11), Gaians (35,9), Hive (159,17), SotR (544,24).

(6) Changes in units over the turn break: Us - gained 2 colony pods and 3 scout patrols. Gaians - no change. Hive - lost a scout patrol and PR, gained an alien artifact (the one near #2). SotR - lost a scout patrol, a PR and a IR, gained an alien artifact, a II and 2 synthmetal sentinels.

Hive territory
                        (7) Wild MW destroyed Hive scout patrol, 30% damaged.

(8) 2 sq. W of #1 is Spartan II (shown) and Spartan TT.

(9) 2 sq. S of #1 is a Spartan probe team (shown).

(10) Morgan scout patrol is destroyed attacking our designated defender synth police in the stack with the troop transport. Synth police undamaged.

Working Man Hold

(11) Uni destroys two forest squares near Working Man Hold. SotR destroys two forest squares near Working Man Hold.

(12) 2 sq. W of base: SotR TT (shown next to progenitor pod). 1 sq. SW of SotR TT: Uni IR (shown next to progenitor pod) and Uni PR.

(13) 3 sq. S of base: SotR synth police (shown on nutrient bonus forest) and 50% damaged Uni IR. 1 sq. E of SotR synth police: SotR synth police (shown on road energy bonus). 1 sq. NE of the latter SotR synth police: Uni II (shown on road square next to mine). 1 sq. N of Uni II: SotR II (shown adjacent to monolith), 20% damaged Uni TT, 10% damaged Uni TT. 1 sq, SE of SotR II: Uni II (shown adjacent to echelon mirror), 30% damaged SotR II. 1 sq. N of Uni II: 10% damaged Uni IR (shown adjacent to our bunker). 1 sq. NE of Uni IR: Hive probe team (shown on solar array adjacent to our bunker). 1 sq. SE of Hive probe team: SotR PR (shown adjacent to echelon mirror), another SotR PR and a SotR probe team.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Looks very interesting, I'll have time to see the 2302 this evening
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest
                          WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Originally posted by mart7x5
                            Looks very interesting, I'll have time to see the 2302 this evening
                            The situation in the South is interesting. Fortunately we're holding the bunker.

Proposed moves:

(1) Load O onto TT. Move loaded TT 1 sq. S. Unload O. Intent: O will attack Spartan probe team.

(2) Load synth police. Move loaded intel on #1. Unload synth police. Intent: Will upgrade synth police.

(3) Move synth police 1 sq. NE and capture bunker (1 mp).

(4) Shuttle 2 II and O with intel 1 sq. NE with intel remaining 1 sq. NE (1 2/3 mp).

(5) Load CBU onto TT. Move loaded TT 1 sq. NE (1/3 mp). Unload CBU. Intent: Attack Morgan Energy Monopoly's defender.

Working Man Hold
                            (6) Move 2 TT's from bunker and intel 1 sq. N of base (1/3 mp). Load all units there and move loaded TT's and loaded intel 1 sq. W (1/3 mp), 1 sq. SW (1/3 mp). Unload II. Intent: Will attack SotR TT, force it back, then transport the other two infantry units and attack the Uni IR and PR.

(7) Load the O's and CBU 1 sq. S of the base onto the TT's. Move the loaded TT's onto the monolith. Upgrade the TT's. Unload the O's and CBU. Intent: Attack the SotR/Uni stack next to the monolith.

(8) Move synth police to monolith next to Plex Anthill (1 mp). Upgrade and repair.

Worker's Nest
                            (9) Move scout patrol 1 sq. E and upgrade on monolith (1 mp). Move intel 1 sq. E (1/3 mp), load scout patrol, move 1 sq. E (1/3 mp), unload scout patrol, load CBU, and move to UN Headquarters (1 1/3 mp). Unload CBU

UN Education Agency
                            (10) Move scout patrol to Worker's Nest (2/3 mp). Intent: Better to leave UN Education Agency uncovered than Worker's Nest.

UN Headquarters
                            (11) Load CBU onto unmoved intel. Move loaded intel to Working Man Hold (1 1/3 mp). Unload CBU. Move CBU to bunker.

Great Clustering
                            (12) Move CP to (42,30).

(13) Move intel to monolith next to Plex Anthill (1 2/3 mp). Load synth police. Move loaded intel to Plex Anthill (1/3 mp).

UN Planetary Trust
                            (14) Move scout patrol to Great Clustering (1 mp). Intent: Better to leave UN Planetary Trust uncovered than Great Clustering.

UN Plex Anthill
                            (15) Move CP to (43,41).

(16) Load CBU onto elite intel. Move loaded intel to Working Man Hold (1 mp). Unload CBU. Move CBU to bunker. Move elite intel to monolith next to Working Man Hold and repair (1 mp).

These moves are designed to:
                            (1) move all CBU's to the Working Man Hold area.
                            (2) move intel units closer to Working Man Hold. At the end of the move, one intel is at UN Headquarters, two are at Plex Anthill and two are at Working Man Hold.
                            (3) move the colony pods to sites 3 squares away from UN Headquarters.
                            (4) position the units at #2 to attack Morgan Energy Monopoly.
                            (5) set up an attack on the SotR/Uni units west of Working Man Hold and on the SotR/Uni stack adjacent to the monolith S of Working Man Hold.

If there are no comments in 24 hours, I'll implement and post a mid turn save.

Comment

• Posted 2302 1st mid turn save.

Proposed moves:

#1: O attack Spartan probe team. CBU bombards Spartan stack 2 sq. W.

#2: O, II's, TT attack Morgan Energy Monopoly (start with the unit with the best odds, then the next best odds, etc. including a second hasty attack by the TT).

Working Man Hold:
                              (1) Attack the SotR TT 2 sq. W of the base with the 10% damaged O. If the TT is forced back, move the TT's (loaded with the remaining O and the II) into the space formerly occupied by the SotR TT, unload the O and II and attack with the O and II starting with the II.

(2) Bombard the SotR/Uni stack adjacent to monolith with hardened CBU;s until the SotR II is damaged. Attack the stack with the two O's on the monolith starting with the 30% damaged veteran O.

(3) Bombard the SotR stack 2 sq. SE of the bunker.

(4) Attack the Uni IR adjacent to the bunker with the 40% damaged O in bunker.

(5) Bombard the SotR/Uni stack 2 sq. S of the bunker with the remaining bunker CBU's, if there are any.

(6) Bombard the Uni II 2 sq. SE of the monolith with the CBU on the monolith.

If there are no comments within 24 hours, I'll implement and post a mid turn save.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Some decisions to be made:

Rush building colony pods:
                                UN Headquarters has 14 mins accumulated. It would cost 44 ec to rush the colony pod.
                                Sheng-ji Yang Base has 10 mins accumulated. It would cost 60 ec to rush the colony pod.

We can get the ec from the Gaians and the Hive: Gaians will buy Industrial base for 25 credits and Nonlinear Mathematics for 25 credits (even though this would give them -15 credits); Hive will buy Planetary Networks for 25 credits and loan us 44 credits for a repayment of 1 credit per year for 57 years.

We currently have 11 credits. If we sold Industrial Base to the Gaians, sold Planetary Networks to the Hive and took the loan from the Hive, we would have a total of 105 ec. Rush building the colony pods at UN Headquarters and Sheng-ji Yang Base would cost 104.

My inclination is to rush build both colony pods.

What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X