Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posted 2nd mid-turn 2300 save.

Notes:
    Damage figures are the total damage after the attack and may include pre-existing damage.
    #1:

(a) CBU attack on stack (28, 6): SotR TT (20% damage), PR (no damage), II (40% damage), IR (50% damage), Spartan scout patrol (no damage).
    (b) O - MW: 3-2 odds. 20% damage to O. Gained 40 ec.

#2:

(c) Upon final move by intel, Morganites ("Obstinate") declared vendetta with the following message "It will be an honor to exterminate your faction, Lal. The world will be a better place without you."
    (d) O-IR: 12-5 odds, 10% damage to O.
    (e) CBU - Morgan Energy Monopoly (reconnaissance by fire): SotR PR (50% damage), PT (50% damage), PR (50% damage), MW (50% damage), TT (50% damage), IR (50% damage), IR (50% damage), Synth Police (50% damage), Morganic PT (50% damage), scout patrol (20% damage).

Plex Anthill:
    (f) CBU - Working Man Hold: PR (10% damage), IR (40% damage), PT (50% damage). After the attack, Working Man Hold switched from Colony Pod to Synth Sentinels.

Worker's Nest:
    (g) CBU's (2 hardened, 1 disciplined)-Sheng-Ji Yang Base: PR (10%, 20%, 20% damage), TT (20%, 40%, 40% damage), II (20%, 30%, 40% damage), IR (50%, 50%, 50% damage).
    (h) O-TT (40% damage): 15-8 odds, 40% damage to O.
    (i) O-II (40% damage): 15-8 odds, 10% damage to O.
    (j) O-PR (20% damage): 45-16 odds, 30% damage to O. O promoted to Veteran.
    (k) O-IR (50% damage): 9-2 odds, 0% damage to O. O promoted to Veteran.
    (l) Left O homed to Worker's Nest unmoved.
    (m) Veteran intel procuring research data (100% of success, 75% of survival). Acquired Planetary Networks. Intel unit returned to Worker's Nest and promoted to Commando.

Proposed moves:

#1: Load O, CBU. Move loaded intel, TT 1 sq. W (do not investigate) (1 mp). Unload O, CBU. Intent: Moving all units back to safety.

#2: Move mind controlled II's, synth police to monolith (1 mp) and upgrade. Intent: Will move these units up next turn.

Worker's Nest:
    (1) Move unmoved O (homed to Worker's Nest) into Sheng-Ji Yang Base (1/3 mp). Re-home O to Sheng-Ji Yang Base. Move O to monolith.
    (2) Load 5 O's into 4 TT's and 1 intel. Move loaded TT's and 1 intel to Plex Anthill (1 2/3 mp). Unload 5 O's.
    (3) Load CBU homed to Great Clustering into unmoved intel. Move loaded intel to Sheng-Ji Yang Base (2/3 mp). Unload CBU. Re-home CBU to Sheng-Ji Yang Base. Move unloaded intel to Workers Nest (2/3 mp). Load CBU (either). Move loaded intel to UN Headquarters (2/3 mp). Unload CBU.
    Intent: All O's end up at Plex Anthill. CBU garrisons Sheng-Ji Yang Base.

UN Headquarters: Move unmoved intel to Worker's Nest (2/3 mp). Load remaining CBU. Move loaded intel to Plex Anthill (1 1/3 mp). Unload CBU.

Great Clustering: Airdrop (!) TT into UN Headquarters. Load CBU. Move loaded TT to Plex Anthill (2/3 mp). Unload CBU.

Plex Anthill:
    (1) Load CBU. Move loaded intel 1 sq. N (1/3 mp). Unload CBU.
    (2) Move unloaded intel to Great Clustering (1 1/3 mp)
    (3) Move mind controlled II to monolith and upgrade. Move TT to monolith (do not investigate) (1/3 mp). Load II. Move loaded TT to base (1/3 mp). Unload II.
    (4) Move unmoved CBU to monolith and upgrade. Move TT to monolith (do not investigate) (1/3 mp). Load CBU. Move loaded TT to base (1/3 mp). Unload CBU.
    Intent: Moving all units to safety.

After these moves, all bases are garrisoned: Great Clustering with a troop transport, UN Headquarters with intel, Worker's Nest with commando intel (40% damaged), Sheng-Ji Yang Base with CBU and Plex Anthill with the rest of the southern units.

We're in position to attack Working Man Hold next turn with three O's (veteran undamaged, hardened undamaged and hardened 10% damage) and four CBU's and steal technology with commando intel (by making use of the monorail SE of Working Man Hold).

Through re-homing, only Great Clustering is paying support (1 min/turn) and both UN Headquarters and Worker's Nest are supporting only one non-clean unit (so they won't pay support even when they have to support the two colony pods).

Still to do this turn:
    (1) Borrow 40 ec from Hive.
    (2) Base management
    (2a) What shall Sheng-Ji Yang Base build?
    (2b) Rush build colony pods at UN Headquarters and Worker's Nest.
    (2c) Base optimization.

To do next turn:
    (1) Attack Working Man Hold (unless it has been reinforced, there will be three defensive units: PR, IR and new Synthmetal Sentinel. We'll have pounded them with 4 CBU's and we have three O's to attack them.
    (2) Steal tech from Working Man Hold after the last defender (and probe team) have been eliminated.
    (3) Repair 2 O's.
    (4) Establish two new bases.
    (5) Occupy bunker SE of Working Man Hold.
    (6) Move units near Morgan Energy Monopoly.

Subsequent turns:
    (1) Send commando intel (if it survives tech steal attempt) to infiltrate Hive.
    (2) Secure southern choke point (46, 58)

If I don't hear from anyone in 24 hours, I'll implement the proposed moves and post a mid-turn save.
    Attached Files
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Hi all

Good to see a new demo game started.

I am lurking here atm. I just don't have the time to devote to the micro management required at this stage.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
        Hi all

Good to see a new demo game started.

I am lurking here atm. I just don't have the time to devote to the micro management required at this stage.
        Welcome. A quick summary (so you don't waste your time reading all those posts!)

The game is in its SECOND turn. Besides myself, there is mart7x5 and Mead.

In the FIRST turn (2299), we infiltrated the Sword of the Righteous (Believers), moved units from Plex Anthill and Great Clustering to Worker's Nest in preparation for an attack on Sheng-ji Yang Base, and founded UN Headquarters (a bug produced a pop 4 base).

During THIS turn (2300), we attacked Sheng-ji Yang Base.

The strategic situation (discovered through infiltration and from the scenario's premise): We're Peacekeepers facing a coalition of the Sword of the Righteous (SotR), the University, the Spartans and Morgan. The Spartans occupy the land mass to the west of UN Observation Post #1. The Morganites occupy the land mass to the east of UN Observation Post #2. The University is directly to our south and the SotR is to the south and in the other hemisphere.

We started pacted with the Hive. We've subsequently signed a treaty with the Gaians.

We started with 7 each of 4 types of irreplacable superunits: the UN Observer (4-2-1, amphibious, drop, SAM, police), the UN Troop Transport (4-2-2, amphibious, drop, SAM, police, cargo: 1), the UN Intelligence Unit (probe-2-2, drop, police, cargo: 1), the UN Counterbattery Unit ((6)-2-1, artillery, deep radar). One set was at #1, a second at #2, a third and fourth at Great Clustering, a fifth and sixth at Plex Anthill and the final set at Worker's Nest.

The SotR has about 13 each of many types of units. Their best units are impact infantry (4-2-1) and impact rovers (4-1-2). They can produce more.

We only had Biogenetics at the start (we've since researched Information Network and stolen Planetary Networks). SotR had five techs at the start (and have since acquired two more).

We started with 100 ec and are producing 18 ec/turn.

We're pursuing an ICS, IndAuto b-line strategy. Our initial plan is to knock out the two SotR bases on our continent and secure the choke point south of us.

Comment

Posted 3rd mid-turn 2300 save.

Notes:

Tactical situation around Worker's Nest:

Tactical situation around Plex Anthill:

(a) Sheng-ji Yang Base prior to occupation had recycling tank, perimeter defense, recreation commons and one accumulated nutrient. After occupation, it has perimeter defense.

(b) We gained 11 ec out of the 118 ec the SotR had. SotR now has 105 ec.

(c) Before occupation, our tech cost was 26, with 3 labs accumulated and a production of 14 labs/turn. After occupation, our tech cost is still 26, with 19 labs accumulated and a production of 16 labs/turn. We gained 16 labs and a production increase of 2 labs/turn.

(d) Our tech schedule now looks something like this (ignoring increase in production from taking Working Man Hold, changes in production from producing colony pods and building new bases and inaccuracy in tech cost simulation):
          Pre-2301: Acquire Industrial Base through research. Choose Industrial Economics (from a choice of Industrial Economics, Applied Physics, Centauri Ecology, Doctrine: Mobility)
          2301: Steal a tech from SotR
          2305: Acquire Industrial Economics through research. Choose Industrial Automation (from a choice of Applied Physics, Centauri Ecology, Social Psychology, Industrial Automation. Polymorphic Software and possibly other choices depending on the tech stolen from SotR). The tech cost for researching Industrial Automation is 120 from our not-so-accurate simulation. Our lab/turn rate will depend on a lot of decisions over the next four turns. At this point, the tech cost is "locked in." We can do tech trades without increasing the tech cost for Industrial Automation.

(e) We have 78 ec. It will cost 75 ec to rush build the colony pods at UN Headquarters and Worker's Nest. We can hold off on borrowing 40 ec from the Hive until next turn.

(f) Great Clustering only has 10 mins accumulated towards a colony pod. Should we change production?

(g) We have five bases. We can capture Workng Man Hold next turn. Is 6 the bureaucracy limit for us?

(h) With Planetary Networks, we can build probe teams for 30 minerals and "probe sentinels" (0-1-1) for 20 minerals. With the discovery of Industrial Base before the next turn, we can add synthmetal armor. We're tying up four intel units defending UN Headquarters, Great Clustering, Plex Anthill and Worker's Nest from probe attacks.

Proposed moves:

Plex Anthill: Skip the turn of O (has 1/3 mp remaining).

Worker's Nest: Move worker from forest square to the other forest square.This frees up the former forest square for Sheng-ji Yang Base. Rush build the colony pod for 44 ec.

Sheng-ji Yang Base: Move worker from rolling square to the forest square. Change production to colony pod.

UN Headquarters: Rush build the colony pod for 31 ec.

If there are no comments in 24 hours, I'll implement these moves and post an end turn save.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm happy to see this going well. I am about 50 turns in playing this solo and it is a fun game that you will enjoy IMHO. So good luck with it
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by vyeh
              I'd like to be the first turnplayer and play for two turns.
              I wrote the above Oct. 18. I'd like an additional turn to wrap up the initial phase.

At this point, our forces are poised to attack Working Man Hold next turn. There are three undamaged infantry units (2 Observers, 1 impact infantry) at Plex Anthill. There are only two defending units currently at Working Man Hold with a green synthmetal sentinel due to be produced at the beginning of the next turn.

In the next turn, I propose to do the following:
              (1) Choose Industrial Economics to research.
              (2) Take out all the defenders at Working Man Hold. The probe team will die with the last defender. I'd use only one hardened CBU to soften up the defenders.
              (3) Use the commando intel unit at Worker's Nest to steal technology. If it uses the monorail, it can reach Working Man Hold in 1 2/3 mp.
              (4) Occupy Working Man Hold and the bunker to the SE of Working Man Hold. We use the CBU's we held in reserve to (a) deep radar any square within 2 squares of the base or the monorail attached to the base and (b) shell any units within range of the base or bunker and the transports to attack the damaged units.
              (5) Borrow from the Hive.
              (6) Rush build the colony pod at Worker's Nest and possibly Great Clustering.

After 2301, the southern fight changes. We don't know what the terrain looks like, so we need to scout the terrain. There are no roads, so it will be slower. We also need to scout the peninsulas we bypassed. We also need to pop pods.

Mead, given the accident you had with the scenario editor, can you be a turnplayer?

If we could decide who is the turnplayer after the next turn (mart7x5 and I determined that if I pass the torch at the end of the turn, the game still autosaves and the autosave can be renamed -- because I'm using a Mac, you can't directly save if you open my save), I can coordinate with the next turn player to ensure a smooth transition.

Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                I'm happy to see this going well. I am about 50 turns in playing this solo and it is a fun game that you will enjoy IMHO. So good luck with it
                Did the SotR base, The Holy Fire, appear when you made initial contact with the Hive and the Hive downloaded its world map?

Comment

Did the SotR base, The Holy Fire, appear when you made initial contact with the Hive and the Hive downloaded its world map?
                  I'll have to check when I get home
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Posted 3rd mid-turn 2300 save.

Notes:

(c) Before occupation, our tech cost was 26, with 3 labs accumulated and a production of 14 labs/turn. After occupation, our tech cost is still 26, with 19 labs accumulated and a production of 16 labs/turn. We gained 16 labs and a production increase of 2 labs/turn.
                    I didn't realize that we would pick up labs because of the capture. I'm still learning this game.

(d) Our tech schedule now looks something like this (ignoring increase in production from taking Working Man Hold, changes in production from producing colony pods and building new bases and inaccuracy in tech cost simulation):
                    Pre-2301: Acquire Industrial Base through research. Choose Industrial Economics (from a choice of Industrial Economics, Applied Physics, Centauri Ecology, Doctrine: Mobility)
                    2301: Steal a tech from SotR
                    2305: Acquire Industrial Economics through research. Choose Industrial Automation (from a choice of Applied Physics, Centauri Ecology, Social Psychology, Industrial Automation. Polymorphic Software and possibly other choices depending on the tech stolen from SotR). The tech cost for researching Industrial Automation is 120 from our not-so-accurate simulation. Our lab/turn rate will depend on a lot of decisions over the next four turns. At this point, the tech cost is "locked in." We can do tech trades without increasing the tech cost for Industrial Automation.
                    Sounds good.

(f) Great Clustering only has 10 mins accumulated towards a colony pod. Should we change production?
                    Your call, but I like the idea of sticking with the CP to enhance our mass right now.

(g) We have five bases. We can capture Workng Man Hold next turn. Is 6 the bureaucracy limit for us?
                    I don't know. It sounds kind of low.

(h) With Planetary Networks, we can build probe teams for 30 minerals and "probe sentinels" (0-1-1) for 20 minerals. With the discovery of Industrial Base before the next turn, we can add synthmetal armor. We're tying up four intel units defending UN Headquarters, Great Clustering, Plex Anthill and Worker's Nest from probe attacks.
                    I'm relieved that we can make probes now.

Once we are certain that we will not get off the crawler beeline, we should probe acquire all we can.

Proposed moves:

Plex Anthill: Skip the turn of O (has 1/3 mp remaining).

Worker's Nest: Move worker from forest square to the other forest square.This frees up the former forest square for Sheng-ji Yang Base. Rush build the colony pod for 44 ec.

Sheng-ji Yang Base: Move worker from rolling square to the forest square. Change production to colony pod.

UN Headquarters: Rush build the colony pod for 31 ec.

If there are no comments in 24 hours, I'll implement these moves and post an end turn save.
                    Sounds good. Do we want to save some cash for probe opportunties?

Mead

Comment

Mead, given the accident you had with the scenario editor, can you be a turnplayer?
                      Let me hold off until we get a copy of the Gaian map.

Mead

Comment

Originally posted by Mead
                        I didn't realize that we would pick up labs because of the capture. I'm still learning this game.
                        Neither did I. I was checking to see how many more labs/turn we were producing.

Your call, but I like the idea of sticking with the CP to enhance our mass right now.
                        I'll stick with the the CP.

I don't know. It sounds kind of low.
                        I did a search on Apolyton. 6 is the bureaucracy limit for EFFICIENCY <= 0 and standard size map. However, many posters suggest going to at least the second bureaucracy limit.

I'm relieved that we can make probes now.
                        We probably should consider building probes when we finish building colony pods. It is inconvenient tying up those intel/transport units.

Once we are certain that we will not get off the crawler beeline, we should probe acquire all we can.
                        We'll discover Industrial Economics next turn. If we only steal a tech from Working Man Hold, we will be researching Industrial Automation. Once we start researching it, we'll be locked in.

Sounds good. Do we want to save some cash for probe opportunties?
                        I haven't borrowed from the Hive. While it would be nice to save, rush building colony pods (1) increases our energy credit and lab production and (2) frees up build queues. I'd like to have around 55 ec to subvert a couple of impact infantry and synth police at #1 to match the force at #2.

mart7x5, what do you think?

Comment

Let me hold off until we get a copy of the Gaian map.
                          I was planning to try to contact the Gaians at the beginning of the next turn. Maybe we can upgrade to Pact and get a copy of their map.

Comment

Posted 2300 end turn save.

Note:

Before making the worker reallocation:
                            Worker's Nest: 1 excess nut/10 excess min, 7 net energy, 3 excess energy credits/4 labs.
                            Sheng-ji Yang Base:1/4/4,2/2
                            Total:2/14/11, 5/6

After making the worker reallocation:
                            Worker's Nest:1/10/6,3/3
                            Sheng-ji Yang Base:1/5/5,2/3
                            Total:2/15/11,5/6

So the net is a gain of 1 min, while everything else stays the same!

Between turns is that we will acquire Industrial Base and be given a choice of Industrial Economics, Applied Physics, Centauri Ecology, Doctrine: Mobility for the next tech to research.

Propose move:
                            Choose Industrial Economics.

If we're contacted by the Gaians, I'll try to get a Pact.

If we're contacted by the Hive, I'll borrow energy credits.

No tech trades. If we got one additional tech before we went througn the research phase, we would not be able to choose Industrial Economics.

If there are no comments within 24 hours, I'll post a 2301 save (after activating all of the CBU's).
                            Attached Files

Comment

Oh and just to let you folks know, I have completed thsi game--

Good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                                Oh and just to let you folks know, I have completed thsi game--

Good luck to you
                                Did you ever find out whether the first download from the Hive showed The Holy Fire?

How many turns did it take?

Thanks for your wishes.

Comment

Working...
                                X