• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posted 2304 third mid-turn save.

Notes:
    Working Man Hold

(4 sq. WSW of S. monolith)
    (1) O-SotR SyP 3 sq. SW of monolith: 88-63,40% dam.and promoted to Elite; U PR 70% dam., PT 90% dam.; SotR SyP 90% dam.
    (7 sq. SE of base)
    (2) TT discovered 40% dam. U TT, U PR in Academogorodok.
    (3) Movement of TT terminated early when U SyP discovered 2 sq. NE of echelon mirror

Proposed moves:

UN Information Agency: End turn CBU.
    Working Man Hold
    (base) End turn CBU.
    (E. bunker) End turn TT.
    (4 sq. WSW of S. monolith) Elite O attacks Uni/SotR stack.
    (7 sq. SE of base) TT moves to 1 sq. W (1/3 mp), 1 sq. SW (1/3 mp), loads CBU, moves 1 sq. SE (1/3 mp) and ends turn.

If there are no comments within 24 hours, I'll implement and post an end turn save.
    Attached Files
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

• Posted 2304 end turn save.

Notes:
      Working Man Hold

(4 sq. WSW of S. monolith)
      (1) O-U PR: 18-3, 40% dam., SotR SyP, U PT destroyed.

(2) Working Man Hold will produce a colony pod next turn. There is an intel unit at Plex Anthill that can airdrop the CP to UN Equality Village, where it can be loaded onto the intel unit currently there and sent to #1.

(3) It would be nice to rush build CP's at UN Headquarters and Plex Anthill (the ec's could come from taking Acadmogorodok and, if necessary, from selling tech to the Gaians). One would go 3 sq. E of Working Man Hold, the other 2 sq. N of UN Equality Village. The one near Working Man Hold would be exactly 8 squares away from Academogorodok and would facilitate air dropping reinforcements into Academogorodok. The one near UN Equality Village would push our territory northward.

(4) It appears there are only 2 enemy units in our territory: a 10% damaged U II and a U SyP. Our forces 3 sq. N of Academogorodok are positioned to eliminate those units, infiltrate the University, steal a tech from the University and take Academogorodok.

(5) After Academogorodok, we would want to take Gagarin Memorial. Then we would face a choice: go east through the rest of the University or go west. My inclination would be to send a small force west, but send most of the forces through the University. There are monoliths near University Base and Climactic Research, which will speed recovery. The University is probably the research center of the SotR coalition.

(6) Once we can build bases near #1 and #2, we will be able to reinforce our forces .
      (7) We will discover Industrial Automation in 2 turns. I think we should b-line to Gene Splicing. From there, we should b-line to Ecological Engineering or Doctrine: Air Power, depending on our needs. Ecological Engineering would allow us to take advantage of all those rocky road mines. Obviously, Doctrine:Air Power is a decisive military tech.

If there are no comments in 24 hours, I'll hit end turn and post a 2305 (initial) save.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Posted 2305 initial save.

Notes:

Current world map

The Word of God

(1) SotR founded The Word of God 2 sq. SSW of Gagarin Memorial.

Our territory

Current faction dominance

(2) (tech acquired since last turn; labs required/labs accumulated/labs being produced each turn; tech currently being researched, number of turns to acquire tech) PK: None; 96/66/31; Industrial Automation, 1. G: Doctrine: Mobility; 84/15/14; Social Psych, 5. H: Doctrine: Flexibility; 108/33/25; None, 3. SotR: None; 140/125/34.4; Industrial Economics, 1.
        (3) (number of ec's, ec produced per turn) PK: 17, 20. G: 138, 10. H: 192, 25. SotR: 957, 25.
        (4) (+ units gained - units lost since the end of the last turn) PK: + CP + ScP. G: + Transport Foil (TF) + PT + Former (F). H: + IR + 2II + SS. SotR: - MW - 2PR - SyP - TT - speeder colony pod (SCP) - IR - 2II - IS.
        (5) The SotR is currently constructing an II Mk2 prototype (4/3/1) and is expected to finish construction at New Jerusalem in one turns.

Tactical situation around #1

(6) (*shown, all coordinates relative to #1) 2 sq. N: SotR IR* (70% dam. Vet). 2 sq. WNW: SotR IR* (30% dam.). 2 sq. W: Sp II* (30% dam.). 2 sq. WSW SotR II* (20% dam.).

Tactical situation around #2

(7) (*shown, all coordinates relative to #2) 2 sq. WNW: H II*. 1 sq. S: H ScP*.

Tactical situation in Hive territory and UN Equality Village

(8) (*shown, all coordinates relative to Factory Maze) 1 sq. SW: PK CP*, I. 1 sq. SE: H II*, IR.

(9) (*shown, all coordinates relative to Deep Passages) 2 sq. NW: H speeder former* (SF, 5 turns remaining to mine the square).

(10) (*shown, all coordinates relative to UN Equality Village) 1 sq. N: H PR* (70% dam.).

Tactical situation around Working Man Hold

(11) (*shown, all coordinates relative to echelon mirror) 2 sq. SE: U SyP*. There is a missing U II (10% dam.), which use to be 1 sq. NW of this U SyP. Because of our CBU's and other units, we know it must be either 1 sq. N or 1 sq. NE of the U SyP.

(12) Academgorodok contains: U TT (10% dam.), U PR, PT; SotR commando PT.

(13) 1 sq. SW of Academgorodok: SotR TT (shown), commando PT.

Proposed moves:
        (1) Load SyP onto I, move 1 sq. S (1 mp), unload SyP, attack Sp PT, load SyP and move 1 sq. N (1 mp).
        (2) Load O onto TT, move 1 sq. N (1 mp), unload O, attack SotR IR, load O, move 1 sq. S (1 mp) and repair TT.
        (3) Bombard SotR IR 2 sq. WNW with CBU.

Factory Maze
        (4) Move loaded I to #2, unload CP, load CP onto TT, move 1 sq. E (1 mp), unload CP, load onto I, move 1 sq. SE (1/3 mp), 1 sq. NE (1/3 mp), unload CP, move CP 1 sq. NE (1/3 mp), 1 sq. SE (1/3 mp) and build base.

(5) Move II's, O, CBU, SyP 1 sq. E (1 mp).
        (6) Move elite I to Discipline Tubes and infiltrate the Hive.

UNEV
        (7) Airdrop I to Plex Anthill.

Worker's Nest
        (8) Move scout to UN Headquarters, re-home and hold.

UN Planning Authority
        (9) Move ScP at monolith outside base to base and hold.

UN Planetary Trust
        (10) Move scout to Plex Anthill and hold.

Plex Anthill
        (11) Load O onto I, move I to UN Information Agency (2/3 mp), unload O, move I to Working Man Hold, load CP, move 3 sq. E (1 mp), unload CP and build base.

3 sq. S of Working Man Hold
        (12) Move elite O 1sq. E (1 mp), 3 sq. SE (1 mp).

3 sq. N of Academgorodok
        (13) Move CBU 2 sq. S and attack Academgorodok.
        (14) Move hardened 20% dam. O 2 sq. S and attack TT.
        (15) Move 50% dam. O 2 sq. S and attack PR.
        (16) Unload CBU from I, move I 2 sq. S and procure research data.
        (17) Unload 60% dam. O, Move O 3 sq. S and occupy Academgorodok.
        (18) Load undamaged II onto 30% dam. TT, move 1 sq. N (1/3 mp), 1 sq. NE (1/3 mp), unload II, attack U SyP 1 sq. NE with II, load II and move loaded TT 1 sq. NE (1/3 mp).
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by vyeh
          Flubber, Hercules & any other "lurkers,"
          I'm sorry I'm not more active RL gets a little busy. I'll download the game and look at it in a few days.

If there is anything I can do to make your lurking experience easier or more enjoyable, please post.

While I expect people are busy with the Christmas holidays, I PM'ed Illuminatus and we are generally in agreement that the best way to entice people to particiipate in this thread after the New Year is to have activity before the New Year.

I've been using an extensive amounts of imageshack.com "thumbnails" (click on them to see the full picture). For my connection, it is a good compromise between loading time and illustrating what is going on, so you gentlemen don't need to download the turn to see what is going on.

Am I showing enough? (Although the thumbnails are the same size, the bigger the image, the longer it takes to upload to imageshack and the greater the chance that I have to try again.)

Thank you for your interest.
          I'm downloading the game every now and then, when I get the chance. The thumnails help, but I really have to download it to fully understand.

Mead

Comment

• Posted 2305 1st mid-turn save.

Notes:

(1) SyP-Sp PT, 288-5, 60% dam.
            (2) O-SotR IR, 20-5, 60% dam.

Factory Maze and #2

(3) H SyP revealed 1 sq. N of Factory Maze.
            (4) H SF revealed 2 sq. SW of Discipline Tubes.
            (5) H SS revealed 1 sq. SW of Discipline Tubes.
            (6) CP and I terminated their move 2 sq. E of #2 when they encountered a Morgan ScP 1 sq. NE of their position.
            (7) "Our probe team has reached Discipline Tubes, a Hive base." "Commence probe team operation." "Our probe team has linked to the Hive network and is awaiting instructions." "Infiltrate Datalinks." "Our UN intelligence Team has returned to U.N. Equality Village: mission complete." Besides infiltrating the Hive, the I has returned to our territory, where we'll load a CP on it next turn and send it to #1.

Working Man Hold and Academgorodok

(Working Man Hold)
            (8) Operations Director: "Our colony is becoming even larger and even more difficult to manage. As the colony expands beyond 6 bases, its swollen bureaucracy will create even more drones. Chief Librarian: U.N. Commmerce Committee founded in 2305." The base has 2 excess nuts, 3 excess mins, 2 excess energy and is producing 1 energy credit and 1 lab per turn.
            (Academgorodok)
            (9) CBU-Academgorodok, U TT 30% dam., PR 40% dam., PT 50% dam.; SotR PT 50% dam.
            (10) Hardened O-TT, 64-35, 40% dam. and promoted to Veteran.
            (11) Veteran O-PR, 10-3, 60% dam. and PT's also destroyed.
            (12) Procure research data: The odds were (100%, 75%). "Our probe team has successfully extracted the University files on Polymorphic Software! Our UN Intelligence Team has returned to U.N. Commerce Committee: mission complete. The team has been promoted to Veteran status."
            (13) "Our forces have seized control of The Virtual World." "Peacekeepers seize Academgorodok! 39 energy credits diverted from local nets." The base came with Energy Bank, Network Node and The Virtual World. The base is producing 3 excess nuts, 5 excess mins, 1 excess energy, is costing us 2 energy credits and is producing 2 labs per turn. We can sell the Energy Bank for 40 ecs and save 1 ec/turn.
            (14) U II revealed 2 sq. SW of A.
            (2 sq. SE of echelon mirror)
            (15) II-U SyP, 9-4, 20% dam and promoted to Veteran.
            (16) 10% dam. U II revealed 2 sq. SSE of UN Commerce Committee.

Current world map

Proposed moves:
            (1) Load SyP onto TT, move 1 sq. SE (1/3 mp), 1 sq. NE (1/3 mp).
            (2) Move I loaded with CP 1 sq. E (1 mp), unload CP and build base.
            (3) Attempt to move loaded TT 1 sq. E into the base.
            (4) End turn I.

Plex Anthill
            (5) Move SyP on monolith to UN Commerce Committee (2/3 mp), rehome, move TT in bunker into UN Commerce Committee (0 mp), load SyP and airdrop to A.
            (6) Hurry CP for 52 ecs.

UN Information Agency
            (7) Move O to UN Commerce Committe, airdrop to Academgorodok, and end turn.
            (8) End turn CBU.

WMH
            (base)
            (9) End turn CBU.
            (2 sq. S of echelon mirror)
            (10) TT attacks U II.

UN Commerce Committee
            (11) Move hardened I to Working Man Hold (0 mp) and end turn of I.

Academgorodok
            (3 sq. N of Academgorodok)
            (12) Move loaded I into base, unload CBU and use I to move all non-transport units on the magtube grid into the base.
            (13) Move all transport units into the base.
            (base)
            (14) Airdrop hardened O 2 sq. NE of The Word of God, move 2 sq. SW (2/3 mp), occupy The Word of God, move 1 sq. NE (1/3 mp).
            (15) Airdrop TT 1 sq. NE of O, move 1 sq. SW (1/3 mp), load O, move 2 sq. NE (2/3 mp), 1 sq. N (1/3 mp), look into Gagarin Memorial, move 1 sq. NE (1/3 mp) and 1 sq. N (1/3 mp).
            (16) Attack SotR TT/PT 1 sq. SW of base with CBU.
            (17) I attacks PT.
            (18) 30% dam. disciplined TT attacks SotR TT.
            (19) Attack U II 2 sq. SW of base with CBU.
            (20) Load 40% dam. O onto undamaged hardened TT, move 1 sq. SE (1/3 mp), attack II , and, if there are mp's remaining, move 1 sq. SE (1/3 mp) and 1 sq. S (1/3 mp).
            (21) Rehome TT homed to Plex Anthill to Academgorodok.
            (22) Load 2 remaining O's and 1 CBU onto the three remaining transports, move 2 sq. SE (2/3 mp) and 1 sq. S (1/3 mp).

If there are no comments within 24 hours, I'll implement and post a mid-turn save.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Mead
              I'm sorry I'm not more active RL gets a little busy. Mead
              Glad to hear from you.

You'll be glad to know we infiltrated the Hive and we did it in a way that saved a turn for the intel rather than cost a turn.

We've located all bases except the Spartan ones. Is there any knowledge from your encounter with the scenario editor that hasn't been revealed?

Comment

• Posted 2305 2nd mid-turn save.

Notes:

(1) Chief Librarian: "U.N. Aid Station founded in 2305." We set production to probe team. We might make it an infantry probe team. The base is producing 1 excess nut, 5 excess min, 0 excess energy, 0 ecs and 0 labs per turn.
                (2) Attempt to move TT with 1/3 mp into base was successful. UN Aid Station is garrisoned by a SyP, I, and TT.

UN Commerce Committee

(2 sq. S of echelon mirror)
                (3) TT-U II, 5-2, 40% dam. and promoted to Veteran.

Academgorodok

(The Word of God)
                (4) "Peacekeepers seize The Word of God! 35 energy credits diverted from local nets." Base is reduced from size 1 and destroyed.
                (5) 20% dam. U SyP revealed in Gagarin Memorial.
                (6) U ScP revealed 1 sq. NW of the final position of the airdropped TT and O.
                (7) CBU-SotR stack 1 sq. SW of base: SotR TT 30% dam., PT 90% dam.
                (8) I-PT 1 sq. SW of base: 72-11, 20% dam. and promoted to Veteran.
                (9) TT-SotR TT 1 sq. SW of base: 20-9, 60% dam.
                (10) CBU-U II 2 sq. SW of base: II 30% dam.
                (11) TT-II 2 sq. SW of base: 15-7, 60% dam and promoted to Veteran.

Current world map

Proposed moves:
                UN Aid Station
                (1) Rehome SyP homed to Great Clustering to UN Aid Station.

UN Headquarters
                (2) Rush CP for 31 ecs.

Working Man Hold
                (3) Change production to recycling tanks.

Academgorodok
                (2 sq. SW, 1 sq. S)
                (4) Unload all units.
                (5) Load elite O onto TT with mp's remaining and move 1 sq. S unload all units there, and end turn TT.

If there are no comments within 24 hours, I'll implement and post an end turn save.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Posted 2305 end turn save.

Notes:
                  Current situation south of Academgorodok

If there are no comments within 24 hours, I'll end the turn and post an initial 2306 save.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Posted 2306 initial save (after activating all CBU's and the ScP at UN Planning Authority and Sheng-ji Yang Base).

Notes:

Current world map

Current faction dominance

(1) We discovered Industrial Automation and we were given a choice of Doctrine: Mobility and Social Psych. We chose Social Psych.
                    (2) Worker's Nest builds ScP. Plex Anthill and UN Headquarters build CP's.
                    (3) (tech acquired since last turn; labs required/labs accumulated/labs being produced each turn; tech currently being researched, number of turns to acquire tech) PK: Industrial Automation; 144/29/31; ,Social Psych 4. G: None; 84/30/14; Social Psych, 4. H: Social Psych, Secrets of the Human Brain; 108/58/25; Centauri Ecology, 2. SotR: Industrial Economics; 196/22/37.6; Industrial Automation, 5.
                    (4) (number of ec's, ec produced per turn) PK: 21, 15. G: 147, 11. H: 207, 24. SotR: 351, 31.
                    (5) (+ units gained - units lost since the end of the last turn) PK: + 2CP + ScP. G: - ScP. H: - PT - SyP + IR + 2II. SotR: - AA - SyP - 2IR - 17II - 4SS + 4 Plasma Garrisons (PG) + 11II Mk 2.
                    (6) The SotR is completed an II Mk2 prototype (4/3/1) and upgraded the armor of their synth sentinels and 11 of their II's (the other 6 were disbanded).

Tactical situation around #1

(7) (*shown, all coordinates relative to #1) 2 sq. E: H PR*, H PT. 1 sq. E: H TT*, H PT. 1 sq. S: H ScP*. 1 sq. W: Sp II* (20% dam.). 2 sq. W: Sp PR*. 2 sq. WSW SotR II Mk 2* (20% dam.), SotR PR.

Tactical situation around #2 and UN Aid Station

(8) Morganites destroy forest near UN Aid Station.
                    (9) (*shown, all coordinates relative to #2) #2: H II*. 1 sq. E: CBU*, 2 II's, O. 2 sq. SE: H SF*.
                    (10) (*shown, all coordinates relative to UN Aid Station) 1 sq. NW: M ScP*. 1 sq. SE: 2 M PT's.

Tactical situation around Sheng-ji Yang Base

(11) SotR II Mk 2 revealed 1 sq. NE of Sheng-ji Yang Base

Tactical situation around Academgorodok and Gagarin Memorial

(12) U ScP destroyed by O, O 0% dam.
                    (13) (*shown, all coordinates relative to echelon mirror) 2 sq. SE: PK II* (Veteran, 20% dam.), TT (Veteran).
                    (14) (*shown) 3 sq. NE of Gagarin Memorial: Elite O* (40% dam.), disciplined TT (10% dam.), O (veteran), hardened TT (20% dam.). 1 sq. N of that stack: disciplined TT* (40% dam.), veteran TT (40% dam.), CBU, veteran O (60% dam.), veteran O (40% dam.), veteran I (20% dam.).

Proposed moves:
                    (1) CBU bombards SotR stack 2 sq. WSW.
                    (2) TT attacks Sp II 1 sq. W.
                    (3) Load O onto I, move 1 sq. W (1 mp), unload O, attack Sp PR 1 sq. W, load O, move back to #1 (1 mp) and unload O,
                    (4) Repair SyP.

UN Aid Station
                    (5) SyP attacks M PT's 1 sq. SE.
                    (6) TT attacks M ScP 1 sq. NW.

(1 sq. E of #2) (7) Move all units 1 sq. SE (1/3 mp), 2 sq. NE (1/3 mp). Using move 3 units 1 sq. NW of UN Aid Station into the base. Re-home one of the II's.

Worker's Nest
                    (8) Move ScP homed to Worker's Nest to UN Headquarters (2/3 mp), re-home and hold.

UN Headquarters
                    (9) Move ScP to Plex Anthill, re-home and hold.
                    (10) Move CP to UN Humanity Base (1 mp) and re-home.

UN Information Agency
                    (11) Move CBU to UN Commerce Committee, , load onto I, move to Sheng-ji Yang Base (2 mp), unload CBU, bombard SotR II Mk 2.

Plex Anthill
                    (12) Move ScP to Working Man Hold (2/3 mp), re-home and hold.
                    (13) Load CP on I, airdrop to UN Equality Village, unload CP, load on elite I, move to 1 sq. SE of Yang Mine (3 mp).

Working Man Hold
                    (14) Load CBU on I, move to Sheng-ji Yang Base (2 mp), unload CBU, bombard SotR II Mk 2.

Academgorodok
                    (2 sq. SE of echelon mirror) () Load II, move loaded TT to Academgorodok (1 mp), unload II.
                    (base) (15) Change production to CP.

2 sq. SE, 1 sq. S of Academgorodok
                    (16) Load CBU on I. Move 1 sq. S (1/3 mp), unload CBU, load CBU on I, move 1 sq. S (1/3 mp), unload CBU, load CBU, load CBU, move 1 sq. W(1/3 mp), unload CBU, look inside Gagarin Memorial.

If there are no comments in 24 hours, I'll implement and post a mid-turn save.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• A lot's happened since I was active.

I just downloaded 2306.

I'll take a close look at it and then get back online.

Mead

Comment

• I took a look.

I don't remember much from the scenario editor, I only saw it for a split second and was not trying to remember anything from it.

I do note that at 26,4 about 4 spaces west of Watcher's Eye there is a Black/Blue Borderline. There must be a Spartan base west of there.

I have few questions:

Are we swapping to Wealth this turn? Then are we going to swap to FM. I feel we need to do the Wealth, I'm open to talking about going to FM in a later turn.

What are our overall long term goals?

NorthEast
                        Are we going to take out/make submissive Morgan?

I note you'll probably take out the two Morgan probes east of our NE base.
                        In the South
                        Are we going for Gargarin Memorial?
                        Are we going to take out/make submissive Zak?
                        We have only one probe that I can see down there.
                        Are we going to make a new one at Academgordok?
                        Are we going to send the 20% damaged one from UN Commerce Committe south?

Assuming we take Gagarin Memorial, will we then move East to Uni Headquarters?

In the NorthWest
                        Are we holding the strongpoint while we fucus our energies towards the East and South?

It's amazing the speed at which we are moving.

Mead

Comment

• Originally posted by Mead
                          I don't remember much from the scenario editor, I only saw it for a split second and was not trying to remember anything from it.
                          Does this mean you're no longer under any restrictions from Darsnan?

Originally posted by Mead
                          I do note that at 26,4 about 4 spaces west of Watcher's Eye there is a Black/Blue Borderline. There must be a Spartan base west of there.
                          If there is a borderline about 4 spaces west of Watcher's Eye, it means there must be a Spartan base about 4 spaces from the borderline.

Are we swapping to Wealth this turn? Then are we going to swap to FM. I feel we need to do the Wealth, I'm open to talking about going to FM in a later turn.
                          Wealth is a -2 hit to Morale. Free Market is a -5 hit to Police, which means we would have difficulty sending combat units outside our territory,

In capturing Academgorodok, we gained 39 ec's and 29 labs. If we went to Wealth, we would attack and defend with -12.5% of what we currently do and command centers would only give us one level rather than two levels of morale. In return, we would gain 1 energy per base square, which would translate to approximately half an ec and half a lab, since few of our bases have multipliers, and our mineral cost would decrease by 10%.

Until we get Environmental Economics, which lifts energy restrictions, Free Market is of limited utility. Many of our squares are already producing the maximum two energy units. The cost of Free Market is: more worm attacks and a 30% disadvantage in combat with worms, problems with the Gaians, no free mins in founding a new base, and two drones for every military unit outside our territory.

Until we reach a point where our military advance is stalled or we have military technological superiority, Wealth is not a good choice.

Free Market is not a good idea unless the only military units outside our territory are independent.

What are our overall long term goals?
                          Tech: B-line to Doctrine: Airpower and Environmental Economics.
                          Diplomacy: Maintain Pact with Hive and Gaians.
                          Military: Take out (1) Morgan, (2) University, (3) Spartans before moving on SotR
                          Economics: ICS, Supply crawlers, formers, pop-booming

NorthEast
                          Are we going to take out/make submissive Morgan?
                          Probably in less than ten turns.

In the South
                          Are we going for Gargarin Memorial?
                          Yes, our units are in position.

Are we going to take out/make submissive Zak?
                          For several reasons: he is the SotR's tech engine and he is weak from a military/probe team standpoint.

We have only one probe that I can see down there.
                          There were two. In stealing tech from Academgorodok, one probe was bounced back to UN Commerce Committee. If we had infiltrated the University, we would have no probes there and no one to steal tech from Gagarin Memorial before we captured it.

Are we going to make a new one at Academgordok?
                          Priorities for Academgorodok:
                          (1) Perimeter defense, when we get the technology
                          (2) Garrison units
                          (3) Command center, when we get the technology
                          (4) Reinforcements (military and probe)
                          (5) Infrastructure

Are we going to send the 20% damaged one from UN Commerce Committe south?
                          Depends on other needs. The probe at UN Commerce Committee is also a transport with air drop capabilities. One probe in the south is enough to steal technology from each University base before we capture it.

Assuming we take Gagarin Memorial, will we then move East to Uni Headquarters?
                          Yes, for several reasons:
                          (1) Taking on the University is easier because of their faction characteristics.
                          (2) The monoliths near University Base and Climactic Research will allow us to repair our units and keep moving before opposition can solidify.

In the NorthWest
                          Are we holding the strongpoint while we fucus our energies towards the East and South?
                          At #2, we were able to subvert 2 impact infantry (4-2-1) and a synth police (1-2-1) before the SotR became immune to subversion. At #2, the remaining units retreated to Morgan Energy Monopoly, where they stayed while we bombarded them to half strength and then destroyed them.

At #1, we were able to subvert only a synth police. Meanwhile all the remaining SotR units and Spartan units have been assaulting the position. Two turns ago, there were eight units 1 square south of #1.

It's amazing the speed at which we are moving.
                          It is because of all the roads and magtubes as well as the drop capability of our troop transports, our probes and our impact infantry.

Comment

• Posted 2306 1st mid-turn save.

Notes:

(1) CBU-SotR stack 2 sq. WSW: II Mk2, 40% dam.; PR, 50% dam.
                            (2) TT-Sp II 1 sq. W: 25-8, 20% dam.
                            (3) O-Sp PR 2 sq. W: 16-15, 4.

UN Aid Station

(4) SyP-M PT 1 sq. SE, 800-5, 0% dam., remaining M PT also destroyed.
                            (5) TT-M ScP 1 sq. NW: 100-27, 10% dam.
                            (6) 20% dam. M ScP revealed 2 sq. E of UN Aid Station.

Yang Mine

(7) H PR revealed 2 sq. WSW of Deep Passages.
                            (8) H SF (4 turns to mine) 2 sq. NW of Deep Passages.
                            (9) H II revealed 3 sq. SE of Yang Mine.
                            (10) H SF (4 turns to mine) revealed 2 sq. ESE of Yang Mine.
                            (11) H II revealed 2 sq. ENE of Yang Mine.

Sheng-ji Yang Base

(12) CBU-SotR II Mk 2, 10% dam.
                            (13) CBU-SotR II Mk 2, 20% dam.

Gagarin Memorial

(13) 50% dam. disciplined U IR, green U laser squad (2-2-1), 10% dam. hardened SotR ScP, 20% dam. hardened U SyP revealed in Gagarin Memorial.
                            (14) (*shown, all coordinates relative to Gagarin Memorial) 1 sq. W: U IR. 1 sq. S: 70% dam. SotR TT. 2 sq. SSE: U AA. 1 sq. E: U synthmetal garrison (1-2-1).

Proposed moves:
                            Gagarin Memorial
                            (3 sq. NE)
                            (1) Load all units on TT's and move to 1 sq. SE of Gagarin Memorial (2/3 mp).
                            (3 sq. NE, 1 sq. N)
                            (2) Load all units on TT's and move to 1 sq. SE of Gagarin Memorial (1 mp).
                            (1 sq. SE of Gagarin Memorial)
                            (3) Unload all units.
                            (4) CBU bombards Gagarin Memorial.
                            (5) Attack the four Gagarin Memorials with, in order, the undamaged veteran O, the 40% damaged veteran O, the 40% dam. elite O and the 60% dam. veteran O. If there are any defenders remaining, use the TT's beginning with the ones with 1 1/3 mp remaining.
                            (6) Use the I to steal technology.
                            (7) If the elite O has any mp remaining, move it into GM. Otherwise, use the most damaged TT with mp remaining.
                            (8) Move as many units as possible into the base, but don't leave a singleton.

If there are no comments within 24 hours, I'll implement and post a mid-turn save.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Posted 2306 2nd mid-turn save.

Notes:
                              Gagarin Memorial

(1) CBU-Gagarin Memorial: U IR, 50% dam., U LS, 30% dam., SotR ScP 50% dam., U SyP 40% dam.
                              (2) Undamaged veteran O-U SyP: 80-27, 40% dam.
                              (3) 40% dam. veteran O-U LS: 96-49, 50% dam. and promoted to commando.
                              (4) 40% dam. elite O-SotR ScP: 32-5, 40% dam.
                              (5) 20% dam. U SyP revealed in Gagarin Memorial.
                              (6) 60% dam. veteran O-U IR, 16-5, 40% dam.
                              (7) I steals technology: 100%, 84%. We stole Doctrine: Mobility. "Our UN Intelligence Team has returned to Academgorodok: mission complete. The team has been promoted to Commando status."
                              (8) "Peacekeepers seize Gagarin Memorial! 97 energy credits diverted from local nets." The city was captured with a network node and tree farm. It has 4 excess nuts, 7 excess mins, and no excess energy. It is costing 4 ec's per turn and producing no labs
                              (9) U II revealed 2 sq. S of GM.

Proposed moves:
                              (1) Repair TT.

UN Aid Station
                              (2) Use TT to move CBU 1 sq. NW into base and end turn of TT.
                              (3) Rush probe team for 41 ec.

UN Headquarters
                              (4) Change production to supply crawler (SC). Move worker from 2-1-0 rolling rainy square to 1-2-1 moist min bonus river square.

Worker's Nest
                              (5) Re-home ScP.

Sheng-ji Yang Base
                              (6) Re-home ScP.

Academgorodok
                              (7) Airdrop O to Gagarin Memorial.
                              (8) Move all units with mp remaining 2 sq. SW (2/3 mp), 1 sq. S (1/3 mp).
                              (9) Change production to ScP.

Gagarin Memorial
                              (10) 20% dam. hardened TT attacks U SyP 1 sq. E.
                              (11) 10% dam. disciplined TT attacks U IR 1 sq. W.
                              (12) 40% dam. veteran TT hasty attacks SotR TT 1 sq. S.
                              (13) Load elite O with 2/3 mp onto TT with 2/3 mp remaining, move 1 sq. S (1/3 mp), unload O, O hasty attacks U II 2 sq. S of Gagarin Memorial.
                              (14) Move airdropped O 1 sq. S (1/3 mp) and capture U AA.
                              (15) Load AA on TT and move into base (1/3 mp).
                              (16) Re-home CBU.
                              (17) Change production to command center.

Attached Files

Comment

• Posted 2306 end turn save.

Notes:
                                UN Aid Station

Gagarin Memorial

(1) 20% dam. hardened TT-U SyP 1 sq. E: 6-5, 50% dam. and promoted to veteran.
                                (2) 10% dam. disciplined TT-U IR 1 sq. W: 32-15, 10% dam. and promoted to hardened.
                                (3) 40% dam. veteran TT-SotR TT 1 sq. S: 8-4, 40% dam. and promoted to commando.
                                (4) Elite O-U II 2 sq. S: 32-27, 30% dam.
                                (5) Airdropped O-U AA, 4260-3, 0% dam. "We have captured an alien artifact."

If there are no comments within 24 hours, I'll end the turn and post an initial 2307 save.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X