No announcement yet.

What would you like to see in a MoM 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also tried the game. It's pretty good, like a fantasy version of Stars in many ways. So far I've tried Ulm, Man and Marignon.

Steep learning curve though. How many strategy games have units with more numerical values than the average RPG?

Some questions which could I could use answering:

How does the fortress administration value work?

What benefit do I derive from giving my magic users gems?

How is supply calculated and how does starvation work?

How do I bless troops?

Comment

Detailed FAQ with formulas is here:

Short answers:
      1) Admin is a percentage that is added to castle province tax income, sucks resources out of adjacent provinces to concentrate them at the castle and spreads additional supplies to close provinces.

2) A mage can use one gem to temporarily gain one level in a battle, and uses additional gems to reduce fatigue. Some battle spells also have a gem cost. Gem use is automatic.

3) Supply is dependent on population and modified by scales and fortress proximities. Supply use of a troop depends on its size. Starving troops lose morale and risk a disease.

4) Bless is a lvl 2 Priest spell, but only sacred troops can be blessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
        Steep learning curve though. How many strategy games have units with more numerical values than the average RPG?
        And how many strategy games have more units than the average RPG monster manual? I strongly recommend going to the player contributions site and downloading the Excel Monster Manual spreadsheet. It has stats for pretenders, regular units, summoned monsters, independent troops, basically everything in the game. That´s a total of about 700 distinct units. Use control-tab to window the game so you can look at this and other refreences as you play.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I think quasi-realtime would be preferable-well, not quasi-realtime, but a system to the effect that "faster" units get more turns, like Shining Force, FFT, FFX, etc. It's pretty wierd to have combat go back and forth in a one-to-one ratio, especially when one side has airy spirits and the other has a big mechanical golem.
            This is just me speaking here, but I'd also like it better if there was less of the D&D rolling-the-dice random chance crap. I don't like being cheated out of victory by a "bad resistance roll." One or two forms of random chance is acceptable, but when six closely-packed spearmen with no special defenses suffer no damage from a huge fireball, "something's wrong with this picture" is all I can say.
            Of course better AI would be welcome.
            As to better integration of heroes, I don't think squires would add much to the game, but the ability to lead a charge or direct a group of magicians to focus their strength into one big spell would be neat. After all, aren't heroes supposed to inspire?
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
              when six closely-packed spearmen with no special defenses suffer no damage from a huge fireball, "something's wrong with this picture"
              ...modelization of "bad aim", maybe???
              I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Definitely a Multiplayer-mode. I would like to fight with or against ( ) my friends and hurl evil spells at them

Comment

More wishes

1. Selectable world sizes like CIV3.
                  2. More wizards per game - Maximum of 4 opponents is not enough.
                  3. Custom wizards - why just play against the ones out of the box?
                  4. Scenarios, both pre-made and custom - imagine playing as or against Sauron in a LOTR scenario!
                  5. Map editor.
                  6. Better way of protecting the Fortress - you lose your fortress, the game is likely to be over. This is a bit cheesy, because all you have to do is beat up on Fortress cities, ignoring the other cities.
                  Some ideas:
                  * "Hide Fortress" spell - your fortress is not visible if someone clicks on the city.
                  * "False Fortress" spell - creates a false fortress in a city.
                  * Secret escape tunnels as a building improvement that can be built in your fortress city. If your fortress is captured, your wizard can escape instead of being banished or defeated. You can then play as if your fortress was still on the map, but your wizard then becomes a unit like a hero that must move to another city before a new fortress can be created. If your wizard is captured before it finds safety, it is banished or defeated as normal.
                  7. Allow custom city names for scenarios.
                  8. Allow cities to be renamed.
                  9. Magic spells that are only researchable if you have spell books in 2 specific schools of magic.
                  10. Spell schools that doesn't resemble Magic the Gathering as much. For example, we could have seven schools: Arcane, Life, Death, Air, Earth, Fire, Water. The Chaos, Sorcery and Nature schools could be redistributed into these schools. Most of the Sorcery spells go into the Air school; Earth gets most Nature spells; Fire gets most Chaos spells; and Water is a new school that has a lot of spells that deal with Water such as water elementals, ice giants, ice storms, tidal waves, etc.
                  None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Working...
                  X