No announcement yet.

GRAPHIC: New city view look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question. I have tested modern metropolies in grasslands, and perhaps it could be better to keep old background file in this case. It has more contrast, and I think white houses look good in modern times...

So, which one do you think we should include in the final version?

(Let us compare them. First, the old file. Let us remind that the rare effect of the white line in the highway is due to the reduction of the screenshot)
    Attached Files

Comment

• And now, the same city with the new file.

(Note: In this case, there is a small bug: white line of the highway is missing. So, there is no rare effect due to the reductions).

So, which one do you prefer?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Perhaps it is also the case of cities and towns in grassland tiles. The surrounding forest has strong colours, and perhaps it makes the brownish buildings less visible. Besides, towns and cities exist not only in ancient times, but also in modern times. In these times, brownish buildings seem to be excessively old.

So, my proposal is to take GIDusting edited files for plains, tundra, and desert, and to take old files in the case of grassland. What do you think?

(I think that once we have dediced whether to do it or not, I'll post the final version).

Let us compare modern cities in grasslands:

Old:
        Attached Files

Comment

• New:
          Attached Files

Comment

• Any idea when a complete d/l will be ready?
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

• Hmm...in the "new" images, the buildings actually look more like rubble than buildings.

And yeah, when will it be complete? ME WANT!
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• FINAL VERSION: Tomorrow I'll send a zip file to Apolyton administrators containing all the files. So, you have time until tomorrow to decide which kind of files must be used in grassland tiles (in any other case, I think GIDustin edited files are much better than old files). According to current posts, old files are now winning the race... Give me your opinions!

Also, if you find important bugs in files, please report them before I release final version!

Comment

• The second grassland image you posted was the one where someone requested all the light colors be taken out. This took out the white sides of buildings. Personally I like the old grassland (my version with the white buildings, posted on last page), but my newer versions of the rest.

GIDustin
                  Units, Leaderheads, Maps, Title Screens, Terrain Mods and Wonder Splashes available at My Web Site ( Alt URL - http://www.civ3files.com ).

Unofficial City View Site:
                  http://www.civ3files.com/CityView/

Comment

• Hmm this thread is getting confusing
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

• I would choose the old files version without doubt.
                      It's more colorful and alive IMO.

Comment

• Now I notice what kind of background files could be the perfect files. On the one hand, old files (not edited by GIDustin) had contrast, but the shades of colour were really bad. On the other hand, GIDustin edited files lack a bit of contrast, but the shades of colour are really good.

So, perhaps the perfect background files could be a mixture of them: Good shades of colour and good contrast. In order to show you that, let us consider the case of tundra files:

Old file: Houses of the background are very visible, but only black, white, and grey colours are used.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Now, GIDustin edited file: Really good shades of colour, but houses are not stressed enough:
                          Attached Files

Comment

• For example, it is the same in plains. Old file: Houses stressed, only red and white colours used.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Ismailov; December 21, 2002, 14:37.

Comment

• And now, GIDustin file: Very good shades of colour, buildings less emphasized:

Comment

• (Sorry, image missing)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X