Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gramphos
    Are you using the civilopedia?
    Nope. I didn't make any changes to civilopedia, but I never use it either...
    Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
    Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
    I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

Did it crash at the science advisor?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Nope. It actually crashes during the Comps turn. If you want to take a look at it, it is the Overhaul v1.01 that I have posted elsewhere here.

-Justin
        Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
        Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!

Comment

oops, this one I had missed
          yeah of course now it works

maybe the second problem has something to do with this title I did not add. Maybe it caused problems when I made something bold, without having a title because it searched for the beginning of the entry. Or something like that.

Well I'm really sorry for my misunderstanding ("oh these users" ).

Comment

I also discovered a new/wierd glitch last night

I used the copy tool to create new resources and added the graphics.

One of the graphics (lumber) I made a Strategic Resource and a prerequisite for an improvement (Silo - aka Granary). It took quite a while in the game before I had access to lumber. Once I did, I could build the Silo as expected. But when I opened up the City View of the city that just built the Silo, the game crashed. I tried to move on in the game and noticed that I could look in the City View just fine until I built the Silo (Which is just a Granary renamed). I figured I could live without the City View, so I kept playing. Once I went to war and took over an enemy city, however, the game crashed - since it opens up the city view when you take it over.

I removed Lumber as a prerequisite from Silo and it now works perfectly fine - I can even trade it and the Icon shows up in the trade manager.

Just thought I would let you know....

Have you found anything wrong in OH101?

-Justin

Comment

Strange the thing with the CityView, None have figured out how to add buildings to it yet, but you might be close (As it crashes the game probably is looking for missing graphics)

You use 1.21f, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos You use 1.21f, right?
                Yep!

Comment

Earth CPF

World maps that come with Civ3 suck. They contain nearly no rivers and Europe is very inaccurate. Baltic sea is too big (no Finland and Sweden) and Britain is west from Spain (in standard size world map). Also mediterranean sea is odd. The only nearly accurate places are North America and Australia. (There are also some other oddities, like Greenland being really green!) Someone whoever did those maps which ship with Civ3 must have slept all the Geographic lessons!

So I recommend you and everyone else to try and download Marla Singer's World Map.bic at http://www.civ3.com .

Comment

Strange the thing with the CityView, None have figured out how to add buildings to it yet, but you might be close (As it crashes the game probably is looking for missing graphics)
                    Gramphos, how about this one? I haven't tried it out yet.

pesoloco Add to City View

Or were you talking about the other city screen?

Comment

Version 0.92.5 is ready. Check it out.

You can export maps again.

Comment

Okay, I did a Firaxis. the zip grabbed an incorrect c3mt.txt file.

If you've downloaded anmd don't want to download again, open your c3mt.txt and add the line
                        Code:
                        @LANGUAGE English
                        After
                        Code:
                        @C3MT
                        @VERSION 1

Comment

Note, thast if you want to save about 20k hd space it is safe to delete c3mt.ge.txt and c3mt.pl.txt, if you only plan to use the English version.

In that case you'll need v0.92.5001 (a minor bug with just one language file fixed)

Comment

Thanks for your great work, Gramphos.

But one little Problem.
                            If I load a save game in your editor get I an error: Invalid Input.
                            I use patch 1.21f and v0.92.5001 on WinXP.
                            What's wrong?

Comment

You use 1.21f, right?
                              My new version only has new resources, not new buildings, and it STILL crashes at city view.

And by City View, I mean the view where you can assign workers and build qeue...

Comment

Originally posted by Nevs23
                                Thanks for your great work, Gramphos.

But one little Problem.
                                If I load a save game in your editor get I an error: Invalid Input.
                                I use patch 1.21f and v0.92.5001 on WinXP.
                                What's wrong?
                                That error has something to do with the call of SAVExpnd.exe (It generates the error.), I'll ceck on it.

I maybe forgot to replace he one in my package folder with the new one :doh: I'll check on this now.

Comment

Working...
                                X