Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: French version

Originally posted by LouLong
    Hi Gramphos,

since I see you are in the process of making your cute tool multi lingual, I just wanted to let you know I could do the French version if you need one.

In that case, just send me the entire text by paragraphs and I will send them back to you in French.

Regards,

Loulong
    E-mail me at gramphos@apolyton.net and I'll send you a full English textfile (including the dialogs)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Decompressing the SAVs

Originally posted by Gramphos
      It's to decompressing the SAVs, and is not to run without the correct parameters
      Could you provide a little help file such that people like me can decompress their saved game files? I have some good hex editors to look at the file, but I need to decompress it first.
      Last edited by SpaceGuy; April 26, 2002, 13:38.

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceGuy
        Could you provide a little help file such that people like me can decompress their saved game files? I have some good hex editors to look at the file, but I need to decompress it first.
        The next version will have a readme for it, and a rewritten one, not to take as many parameters (easier to use, so you'll have to wait 'till then)

Comment

Hi Grampos,
          I noticed in 0.92 that the export .BIC does not work/is turned off... I try to save to .BIC and I get a 'Not a CIV3 savefile' error?

BTW... Thanks for all the great work!
          ------------------------------------
          Cheers
          Exeter.
          -------------------------------------

Comment

What does the combine maps button do? Does it work?
            Cheers
            Exeter.

Comment

Originally posted by exeter0
              Hi Grampos,
              I noticed in 0.92 that the export .BIC does not work/is turned off... I try to save to .BIC and I get a 'Not a CIV3 savefile' error?

BTW... Thanks for all the great work!
              I've fixed this for the next version, however, this week is Q, and today is Valborg, so it might have to wait until the weekend before I'm ready to give it out.

However is the MAP import and export very improved to include more of the mapdata and to use the default BIC I/O functions. (Earlier were export done by directly creating a BIC from the SAVs mapdata (rereading the save)). Now it's done by reading all mapdata from the save ta the load, and then creating a BIC form that which is output by the default BIC output function, so I won't get the same problem with later patches.

Comment

What does the combine maps button do? Does it work?
                I think it is working... IIRC I added it to see whatthe AI was doing, but not giving the entire map. I think it combines the map of asll civs and gives all civs it, so it basicly reveals the maps known by any civ.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

I've fixed this for the next version, however, this week is Q, and today is Valborg, so it might have to wait until the weekend before I'm ready to give it out.

However is the MAP import and export very improved to include more of the mapdata and to use the default BIC I/O functions. (Earlier were export done by directly creating a BIC from the SAVs mapdata (rereading the save)). Now it's done by reading all mapdata from the save ta the load, and then creating a BIC form that which is output by the default BIC output function, so I won't get the same problem with later patches.
                  That's fantastic Gramphos.. I am really looking forward to it when you get the chance to release it.

I remember earlier today (Can;t remember if it was this thread or another one) where someone was asking if you could edit a 1.21F save game file...

Whith your next release of C3MT you would effectively have a solution for this.

You would be able to load a saved game... export as a .BIC, make any rule changes. Then import the (now revised) .BIC file in again.

Is my assessment correct?
                  Cheers
                  Exeter.

Comment

That's fantastic Gramphos.. I am really looking forward to it when you get the chance to release it.

I remember earlier today (Can;t remember if it was this thread or another one) where someone was asking if you could edit a 1.21F save game file...

Whith your next release of C3MT you would effectively have a solution for this.

You would be able to load a saved game... export as a .BIC, make any rule changes. Then import the (now revised) .BIC file in again.

Is my assessment correct?
                    If I include the rules, yes, but that would require a little bigger modification, as the rules currently aren't saved back, and I would have som problem with pre 1.21f saves thast not always have rules in them.

A lot of the code were written for 1.07f, so I would have to make major changes in parsts of the code that i wrote a while ago, when this just was supposted to be a small tool, and I didn't bother to write and good comments in my code.

Comment

Now I think of it , it would involve a lot of work to do.

Oh well... be nice though!
                      Cheers
                      Exeter.

Comment

Gramphos,

I used your latest release to copy 16 new advances that are to be unique to each civ. I also created 16 new Wonders that require these civs. At some semmingly random point in the game (NOT when one of the advances is researched or one of the wonders is built) the game crashes and exits. If I remove all new advances and wonders from the bic it works fine. Please help!

-Justin
                        Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
                        Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
                        I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

Are you using the civilopedia?

Comment

Hi Gramphos your tool rocks! Thanks a lot!

Three things though:

1. If you add a GCON_blablabla then this causes problems in the game. I had to open the civilopedia.txt and add the red line:

#GCON_blablabla
                            blablabla
                            ^
                            ^This unit...

That is used for the title of the GCON_ when surfing the civilopedia. The other keys (BLDG_ etc.) don't need this, that's maybe why you missed it. Or I missed something

2. It happens quite often, that I've got problems with bold and italic. Sometimes the whole text appears bold even if I just made the title in bold. Don't no what's the reason though. When I go in the civilopedia.txt there appears text as follows:

^{the barb}arians are a bunch of suckers.
                            ^
                            ^}

3. Yesterday it deleted the text I had written for every new unit. Don't know what caused this and it doesn't matter. I just wondered if it would be possible to determine the name of the backupfile, so that I could have 5 backups of the civilopedia if I want, instead of one backup which is overwritten each time I edit something.

Well apart of that it's a great program! Helps even to look up something in the civilopedia when modding, without having civ3 started.

Comment

There is a Titlefield in the top over the descriptionfield which should be used with game concepts. Did you enter anything in there?

Comment

2. I'm not sure either. I thing that bod and itallic should work, I've had some problems with the links, but it should have been sorted out. Might have something to do with thet the RTF-box has the first and last character bold. (the boldtype are not saved somewhere but in the rtf-box's text, and I've never had any problems with the backconverting of it. Links are saved separately in the memory). (I don't like the RTF-box, but it's the easiest way to do formatted text with VB.)

Comment

Working...
                                X