Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange error

This tool would be very useful except every time i try to write cpf file out, it crashes with following report:

3MT caused an invalid page fault in
    module C3MT.EXE at 0167:00422358.
    Registers:
    EAX=0052a848 CS=0167 EIP=00422358 EFLGS=00010246
    EBX=00000002 SS=016f ESP=006ef1d4 EBP=006ef3e8
    ECX=00000000 DS=016f ESI=00000002 FS=1297
    EDX=fffffd4b ES=016f EDI=00000000 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    8a 4c 90 0d 83 e1 f0 81 e1 ff 00 00 00 89 8d fc
    Stack dump:
    006ef3f4 006ef4d0 00d309a4 00000000 00000000 00000000 c0690000 ffffff38 00000000 40000000 00000002 00000000 00000000 00000000 c0590000 ffffff9c

Win98se english, all updates and all .ocx & vb files that this needs are installed.
    civ3 v1.21f

have been trying both v0.91 and v0.91.0001 versions and always same result

i would be thankful of any help or cpf file from Earth (Standard).bic map what comes with civ3.

Comment

There are some more changes in the BIC then I first noticed (regarding units with multiply starts, I'll check on this tomorrow)

About the CPF-crash I'll check on it as well.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

SGE Ver 1.17

The only disabled thing is the SGE, which is disabled if the gameversion, loaded from version.txt, is greater then 1.17.
        Does this mean if I edit Version.txt so it says 1.17f instead of 1.21f the SGE will work with my new 1.21f save ?

While I'm here, Gramphos, the copy tool intimidated me at first, not the copy tool itself, but the need to edit the civilopedia and pediaicons. Thanks to the hacked 1.21f editor and the Civilopedia editor, I got my first new city improvements to show up in the game without crashing. Thanks SOOO much. Are you planning on duping the CE so we can edit the PediaIcons right there from CMT as well? That would be TOO kewl.

Now I can start doing my version of finishing the city improvements and wonders they left out of the Industrial and Modern ages.
        Flogging will continue until morale improves.

Comment

No, 1.21f saves can not be loaded (even if you passes the check)

I might extend the Civilopedia editor again, when the other tools are working again, and got their extentions (I work with what I dfell to do in the time I do it, and in the same time i try to keep a balanse, so I don't oly work on one part of the save.)

Comment

Bug with multitool

Ok, I've copy 3 extra civ from Greece, Russia an Germany.
            Loading scenario. And Player settigs screen looks with issue.
            Germany-2 not in list button show as well. Click button of invisible civ. Crash!
            Loking bic exedit. Ok England ID=16 but Greece ID=18, Russia 19, Germany 20. Where 17th? Well, delete second Greece, look bic in hex for ID Russia 17, Germany 18. Huh?
            Attached Files
            CiviPort

Comment

Strange, I'll look into it. (You know that you just delayed the SGE? )

Comment

But not very long

Comment

Okay, so now the SGE is wokring. You will notice a second exe-file in the C3MT folder. It's to decompressing the SAVs, and is not to run without the correct parameters

Comment

- Bug with CivID assigning corrected
                    Thanks, Gramphos!

(you can still not safely add civs)
                    CiviPort

Comment

Gramphos

Has anyone else had trouble adding units to 1.21 with the copytool? I've now got v0.91. Would not un-installing an earlier version cause my problem (seems to copy OK, but cant alter any units in editor after addition).
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                        Gramphos

Has anyone else had trouble adding units to 1.21 with the copytool? I've now got v0.91. Would not un-installing an earlier version cause my problem (seems to copy OK, but cant alter any units in editor after addition).
                        Try 0.92, it fixes problems with Multiply strategies, which might casue the mods not to work.

Comment

If its not a long answer, what are multiple strategies?
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                            If its not a long answer, what are multiple strategies?
                            If a unit is set to be defensive and offensive it uses two strategies, and therefor has two entries in the BIC, I guess it's for the AI to see them as two units, one offensiv and one defensive, but the player only sees the first. I didn't know this when making 0.91, so if you looked in the bottom of the unitlist some units were listed twice. 0.92 copies all of the same unit and places the first unit before the muiltiply units. (I don't know if that is needed, but you can never be too mush on the safe side.)

Does 0.92 work for you?

Comment

Gramphos,

Just downloaded the v 092 and used it for the first time to update my OverHaul BIC to v 101. Awesom job - no glitches yet!
                              Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
                              Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
                              I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

French version

Hi Gramphos,

since I see you are in the process of making your cute tool multi lingual, I just wanted to let you know I could do the French version if you need one.

In that case, just send me the entire text by paragraphs and I will send them back to you in French.

Regards,

Loulong
                                The Great Armada scenario

Comment

Working...
                                X