This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot the ESPN section.
    One long added. Represents the base Cost.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

One additional bit is used in the small wonders flags in the BLDG sections. It indicates that a victorious army is required. The field now looks like this:

4	long		small wonders (binary):
      increases chance of leader appearance .......1
      build armies without leader ......1.
      build larger armies .....1..
      treasury earns 5% ....1...
      build spaceship parts ...1....
      reduces corruption ..1.....
      decreases success of missile attacks .1......
      allows spy missions 1.......

allows healing in enemy territory .......1
      required goods must be in city radius ......1.
      requires victorious army .....1..

Comment

Everything's been added again...

By the way, if you check the about box in Civ3edit, it says the BIC version. Is it 2.10 with the patch?
        In the BIC header, I think the 1 indicates the amount of headers or something (as stupid as the 1 at the start of the RULE section).
        The 2 and 5 (now 10) indicate the major and minor BIC versions.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
          Everything's been added again...

By the way, if you check the about box in Civ3edit, it says the BIC version. Is it 2.10 with the patch?
          In the BIC header, I think the 1 indicates the amount of headers or something (as stupid as the 1 at the start of the RULE section).
          The 2 and 5 (now 10) indicate the major and minor BIC versions.
          Yes, you are right. I've seen some strings from the memory, left in SAVs, at unused places. There is spoken about BIC ver 2.9, 2.7 and 2.10.
          Also the VER# seem to be a section.

So the file should begin with 4 bytes "BIC " that indicates that it is a BIC-file, and then the sections start.

The first section is VER# (BIC Header)
          4	string		VER#
          4 long Number of headers (1)
          4 long Remaining length of header
          4 long 0
          4 long 0
          4 long BIC major version number (2)
          4 long BIC minor version number (10)
          640 string description
          64 string title

Comment

There is an error in the TECH section. The icon is missing between era and x.

Comment

changed...

I expanded the table of contents a little, it now has links to each of the sections, and at the top of each section is a link back to the ToC.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

More knowledge of the TERR section:

after the number of possible resources value there are not a 3 byte value, but a list of 1 byte values for each 8 possible resources. (With the result that the number of resources aren't limited to 24)

Comment

any experience with the EXPR section?

has anybody experienced with the EXPR section and added new EXPR levels that total higher in number than
                  the original 4 levels?

i tried to. works well for the editor and the game except that the game dont seem to make use of what comes after the 4th level as well as leaders being generated at that very level.

has anybody experienced the same or contrary?

cyber
                  don't go chasing waterfalls

Comment

Originally posted by cyberguide
                    any experience with the EXPR section?

has anybody experienced with the EXPR section and added new EXPR levels that total higher in number than
                    the original 4 levels?

i tried to. works well for the editor and the game except that the game dont seem to make use of what comes after the 4th level as well as leaders being generated at that very level.

has anybody experienced the same or contrary?

cyber
                    I think someone did, and got the same results. But I don't know who.

Comment

• i tried it, and got the same results
                      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• is there any way you can make a downloadable html file of those first cuople of posts?
                        i can't always be online to view it, and now i saved the first page, but the links won't work if i'm offline, so it's a bit uneasy to navigate
                        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

• Sure, I had an offline version of it anyway to make the updating easier.

I didn't make any updates yet, by the way. And since I don't have Civ3 anymore I won't be doing any "research". I will keep "monitoring" this thread though, and I'll update it if any new things are discovered.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Mercator; January 28, 2002, 12:21.

Comment

• i think something is wrong with the file, i downloaded it, but i can't open the file, i'm using winRAR and it says there is an unexpected end of file.

Comment

• Damn yes! I get an error too... Well I re-uploaded the file now uncompressed. The extension is .txt but it really is an HTML file (it won´t accept HTML files), so save it with a .htm extension instead (you have to change the file name anyway since the download name always appears as attachment).

Comment

• excellent

Comment

Working...
                                X