No announcement yet.

CFC vs. Poly - WW2 Strat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could ask Markos for a private forum. Or we could take it to the ISDG forum, I don't think anyone there would mind. Screenshots would definitely help.

You need victory points in order to win the game taking and holding the VP points is best way to do this, though sinking a major enemy fleet or two will usually help out also.

Comment

Report:
      -Researching Advanced Aviation in 4 turns.
      -Slider set at 5:5:0
      -I am planning on loosing Kuala Lumpur, as it is only defended by a 2hp Anzac Infantry, so I sold off everything but the temple. It is surrounded by infantry and at least one artillery.
      -Kudat is almost taken as well, so I sold off a lot, I have a 1/4 defender, but is threatened by a 1/3 paratrooper with possible units in the destroyers off coast.
      -Sent all my extras to all the other players, accepted, including my world map (I forget if anybody is missing anything or not).

Japanese Locations:
      -There are 1 BB, 2CA, and 2 DD between Saigon and Puerto Princes, just off Kudat.
      -Manokwa has a 3/4 marine in it and a 4/4 paratrooper due south on the road. Boela and other Dutch cities better be careful next turn. (Scouted with fighter)
      -There are 1 infantry, 3 fighters, 1 bomber in the airport by Saigon, 1 flak SW of Saigon, and 1 BB and 2 CA due East.

Japanese Killed
      -1 DD & 1 SS north of Sibu, using one BB and one DS.
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Ok, as we as discussing tactics and strats here, you may like to look over the way one version of this game has been played out by the Supreme American Commander Pacific, Admiral Nimitz (played by Dialectic2003) and the Commonwealth Cheif of Armed Forces, General Paddy (played by Paddy the Scot).

We are writing the game up in the form of Dispatches between our two command posts.

I hope you get something out of Dispatches from the Pacific
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

mobilized. researching heavy tanks in 10. no way we will be here in 10, however.

sent 600 gold to T. No sense letting Japan capture it and rushing units in china will probably not pay big dividends, IMO. (If we want China to rush units, T can send the gold back.)

sent all resources and maps.

is rubber critical? headed workers toward unconnected rubber in the commonwealth. let the coolies dig

disbanded a city in front of a Japanese tank army, ugh.

killed a couple of units -- mg and vet infantry. are we writing battle reports somewhere?

Will try to back up into a strong point, but Japan may be able to kill us as we retreat.
          Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Anyone know whether the US could land bombers on a chinese airfield?
            Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Report battle results in the PBEM forum thread.

Rubber is pretty important... for the Japs NOT to have.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I don't think so, Russ.
                Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Technically you could also win by domination, but even going for domination, you may well trigure VP first with no settler unit. (48% of population + 67% of land area.) With settlers, if China kicks Japan off the Asian main land, the allies win via domination as soon as China colonizes Russia and Outer Mongola. Without settlers, China just sits back and waits for the allied VPs to rack up enough points combined with whatever offenses the US and UK make.

Originally posted by Trip
                  We could ask Markos for a private forum. Or we could take it to the ISDG forum, I don't think anyone there would mind. Screenshots would definitely help.

You need victory points in order to win the game taking and holding the VP points is best way to do this, though sinking a major enemy fleet or two will usually help out also.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

As I recall, Rubber is needed for all Tank types, because I recall Japan in my game disconnecting me from my last source before I could reroad the previous one and losing the ability to build them for a couple of turns.

Originally posted by Theseus
                    Report battle results in the PBEM forum thread.

Rubber is pretty important... for the Japs NOT to have.
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

You as China have a much better chance surviving than the Dutch.

Good move to send the cash to safety, but I'd request the cash back and rush several defensive units next turn.

Originally posted by jshelr
                      mobilized. researching heavy tanks in 10. no way we will be here in 10, however.
                      Templar Science Minister

Comment

China can survive and survive very well

I have seen them played to be quite an dominate force

go hard mate
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

December 1941

Royal Netherlands Armed Forces
                          Southern Command - South Eastern Asia

Popualtion 2,652,000
                          GNP 383 million
                          Mfg Goods 117 megatons

9 Infantry
                          1 Artillary
                          1 Transport
                          2 Submarines
                          3 Destroyers
                          2 Heavy Cruisers
                          4 Flak

15 settlements

Please note that Southern Command has mobilized the entire colonies for war

Palembang, CA De Ruyter departed and bombarded Jappa paratrooper 7 of Singapore inflicting 1hp damage

Palembang, CA Java departed and bombarded Jappa paratrooper 7 of Singapore inflicting 1hp damage

I have deliberatley kept these criusers out of the South China Seas - due to the massive Jappa air coverage in the area

Palembang construction to Destroyer - this construction has been prioritzed for immediate completion. This will allow me to get infantry units onto the Malay penninsula to support the besieged Commonwealth forces.

Ketapang, DD Kortenaer departed, with 55th (Reg) Infantry Regiment, and dropped them 8 of Singapore, then it headed to Palembang where it collected the 57th (Reg) Infantry Rgt for transportation to the Malayan Peninsula

Tenate, DD Van Nes departed, collected 63rd (Green) Infantry Rgt from Menado, and dropped them 4 of Davao (Jappa) on Coal Resource, then moved in and bombarded Davao inlicting no damage

Menado, DD Van Ghent departed, with 14th (Reg) Infantry Rgt, and dropped them 4 of Davao (Jappa) on Coal Resource, , then moved in and bombarded Davao inlicting 1hp damage to transporter

Sang, 15th (Reg) Infantry Rgt rushed to 2 of Kudat (Commonwealth), which is under attack from Jappa Paras. Unfortunately we are there but were unable to actually fight this turn.

Koepang, Tr Coalloader departed with 16th (Reg) Infantry Rgt and a flak unit, heading north east

SS CoffeeHouse has moved out into the South China Seas to assist the Commonwealth SS Storm in clearing the dreaded Jappa navy

SS Silent Death has also headed into the South China Sea

Commonwealth DD Tenedos crippled and still afloat in the South China Sea

Boela, Infantry production prioritzed for immediate completion.

Production queues changed from flak to infantry throughout the colonies, except for Waingapoe, which is now building a harbour.
                          Attached Files
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

In fact, for the allies to win, we really can't let China be wiped out.
                            So the first thing for China is to try to slow down followed by containing the Japanese advances. Then wait for opputunties to counter attack.

The other things that would probably signal our doom is if Japan overrun a large section of Australlia or if Japan succesfully took a US mainland city.

The Dutch are expendable. (Sorry Paddy, but historically, Japan overran every single one of the Dutch east indies possesions by mid 1942.) What's important here is that the Dutch make Japan pay as high a price as possible.

The thing that would signal Japan beeing doomed is if we have them contained on all fronts + Japan not being up by a few thousand VPs.

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                            China can survive and survive very well

I have seen them played to be quite an dominate force

go hard mate
                            Last edited by joncnunn; October 7, 2004, 18:12.
                            Templar Science Minister

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn

The Dutch are expendable. (Sorry Paddy, but historically, Japan overran every single one of the Dutch east indies possesions by mid 1942.) What's important here is that the Dutch make Japan pay as high a price as possible.
                              tis all good and I appreciate the mess of history

hoping by landing the units on Davao will put him off a bit

and by laying out Infantry instead of Flak to dig in

what do you think of moving the units onto the Malayan Penninsula?

and with us all concentrating so closely on our moves we should (using hindsight) come out stronger
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Guys, correct me, but wasn't this set up so VPs were not the goal?

(Thanks for the help, jon!!)
                                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                                X