No announcement yet.

Sid games C3C: how to improve our skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Diplomatic victory was needed since Washington was approaching a one city win.
    Attached Files
    The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

• General interest appendix.
      Attached Files
      The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

• Ah well, another nice little game. This time, we are the glorious Dutchmen. This game is a bit more difficult, as I put the civs close together and made contact earlier. Archipelago, large, 1.22, the rest is for you explorers...
        Attached Files
        The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

• And the starting point...
          Attached Files

Comment

• hmm, I might give this a try...

4000BC:Settle on spot, build worker, reseach Writing (10%), worker moves 8
            3950BC: Worker irrigate
            3750BC: worker built, irrigation finished, W1 (orriginal worker) roads. Build settler.
            3700BC: W2 irrigate
            Built Rotterdam 889 of Amsterdam, but other wise it was standard MM to set up the terrain to support two 4 turn settler pumps. The first settler from Amsterdam using the granary was built 2510BC, the same turn that the granary in Rotterdam came online.

(I am playing now, so that is why the DAR is incomplete)

MS, how many worker and settler pumps are there? I can count more than 4...

Here is a pic:
            Last edited by Krill; July 20, 2004, 14:21.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill
              MS, how many worker and settler pumps are there? I can count more than 4...
              More than 1, less than 10

It all depends if you want a quick rex or not. The land is very good, but since you are on an island, your rex will soon be over... Now, are you going to settle other islands?
              Or maybe you prefer to rex more slowly and have bigger cities?
              Bigger cities can afford to switch some production to scientists, but now, do you want a faster research?

Are you ready to lauch (and pay) for a fleet of 10 curraghs?

I will post my DAR in about 10 days, after my (too short) holiday. Let's compare things at the end of each age.

Comment

• MS, is CxC spacing valid here...

I am still going no military, but shut down a 6turn stller pump to make workers instead, and I will shortly have about 5 2turn worker pumps, storing workers so that when I jump to monarchy, all my cities will be size 12 (by workering all of them up)
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• i think, i'll have a shot at this game one day... i love the dutch civ

MS: is there any more info you can reveal? like are we the only seafarers and generally the only alphabet starters? is it a playable game (with most important resources available)?

and last: maybe start a new thread for this game. it's up to 413 posts now and this will surely trigger the 500 post mark
                  - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                  - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• we can get a mod to split the threead, and split it with the save as the first post

sabre, this is a great game. At the moment I am spending some time on this, and the rest doing PBEMs, and tweaking a new ruleset (Whih is based on the AU mod.)

OT: MS, why don't you start a game using the AU mod? Make it as difficult as possible...

Comment

• A few answers before I'm off for next week.
                      The Dutch are the only civ able to launch curraghs in 4000BC

The game is very playable and winnable (I won). Large archipelago map, 8 civs, wet, warm etc.

Luxuries and resources a-plenty (tried to balance the game for all civs).

You should win it by diplo or the space race... and forget about military units after Despotism, they are useless (if you play it well, that is).

AU Mod: I'll start a new game with the AU mod when I'm back (well, first of all I have to finish another on with the Byzantines), but I have to learn all the twists and new rules first. Where is the 'AU mod summary'?

CxC spacing? I usually go for CxxC, but this time I went for CxxxC. Sometimes I feel over-confident...

A new thread? we'll see, maybe I'll split this game if more players are interested, or start it afresh.

Happy civing!

Comment

Working...
                      X