No announcement yet.

Resources, or lack thereof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am too lazy to read all the posts inside this thread therefore I challenge the luck posting again

On original Civ I found resource appeareance ratio too low therefore I tweaked it into the editor to suite my preferences.

This because on old CIV3 ( still have to try Conquests due to patch reasons ) the AI knew in advance where in the future resources will spot and in addition I do not tolerate that a good game is ruined from the luck only, even if this luck kissed me.

Gunter

Comment

They still know where the resources are.

Comment

It's not like they get all that much benefit from knowing where the resources are. When I see a lone Japanese city on the tundra 35 tiles from the nearest Japanese city all I think is "Is it oil or aluminum?" and then proceed to take the city.

Comment

I think that the best solution would be to duplicate the existing units that require resources with the same units that don't require special resources but cost more. Maybe 20% or 50% more sheelds than the cost of the original unit.
          This in my opinion would lead to more accurate modeling of real history.
          I don't know what would be the effect on the AI however.
          Quendelie axan!

Comment

So,the problem is still present and you gave different good suggestions to fix it or at least to workaround the problem.

The next step I would expect is the patch to fix it out but I'm afraid I will have to raise the appereance ratio or as you suggested to wacth closely enemy tundred cities

Gunter

Comment

Working...
            X