No announcement yet.

Your SID level experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Vmxa. You worked hard for this win. Could you post the game settings for us?
    The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

• I am looking at my notes and I have written only the number of civs 9, wet, warm, 5b yrs, no barbs, 80% water. I know it was on a huge archipelago though, not sure why I did not note that.

Even though I wrote warm and wet, I am not sure I actually used those setting. I think what I wrote was the setting SirPleb used. I just cannot say that I actually used them all.

I wish I had noted the day I started, but have 14 pages of notes. The time is of no use as I leave the game up all day, most of the time.

Once in a while I will take it down to do something else and maybe when I go to bed.

Anyway the key settings are lots of water, huge map and only 9 civs. Maybe no barbs, as that means no huts for the AI. This is of course an attempt to slow the tech race. The tech was very slow for the first half of the game. After GL expired, CHina just ran at 4 or 5 turns for tech. After they went to Fascism they slowed for a bit, then picked the pace up to about 5 or 6 turns at the end.

Comment

• Thanks Vmxa;

If you haven't started a new game your settings should be intact or perhaps in the ini file.
        The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

• I have loaded a number of games from here already. In fact they keep nailing my preferences. You would think I would remember to check them by now.

Anyway the only ones I am not sure of is the Wet annd maybe the warm. I had a huge swath of jungle in my start location, but I have seen that in none wet maps. I did not see a lot jungle else where, but the AI may have cleared it.

The only purpose of the wet and warm (I think) is to slow the game down.

Comment

• yup. I'm using cold, arrid, 3 Billion, and 80% water on an Archepelago map and it definately helped slow the AI down. My constant pillaging hasn't helped them much either.

Anatole France

Comment

• What I was a bit surprised at was late in the game America declared on me and I did not want to bother fighting them.

So I used two carriers to chop roads and improvements and kill a few troops. Anyway the US was no making troops as they could not afford more, they had about 1200. So I expected a few troops to be disbanded with the loss of the road and such, but that did not happen.

They finally made peace and then declared on china who was the largest?

Comment

• Very impressive vmxa1

I have never attempted Sid at all. I might just try now that I'll have lots of spare time in summer though admittedly I'll have to greatly unbalance the settings in my favor

The funny thing is that I just don't find the higher difficulty levels in SP play as a real challange. It's basically just the AI cheating more than before. I wish that in Civ4 Firaxis actually bothers in improving the AI from each level so you that you can at least say that the AI REALLY beat you, rather than out-cheat you.

/me will stick on demigod for most of his games
                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• I know you will crush it Master Zen. I fought it fun for awhile, but it does get tedious, especially if you go with the conquest/dom like Nathan and Aeson. So many units to deal with.

Comment

• "crush it" makes it sounds like it'll be a cakewalk...

this reminds me, I really need more C3C experience. I started playing AU501 and was doing quite well - then I accidentally formatted my hard drive and lost the saves...

Right now I am playing an emperor pangea C3C game in the Spanish Forum which is turning into a mass warmonger spree. Unfortunatelly it is with the 1.15 patch and that very annoying FP bug. I think I will set up a dual boot with the latest patch and play some SP next week. Nevertheless this will likely be my first finished C3C game since around August of last year.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• None the less I know you are very skilled and will be able to win.

Comment

• Master Zen,

Play it the PP way. Instead of 100 hours to win, you'll use up only 25 hours, or, for the same amount of time, you can get 4 wins!
                        The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Sage
                          Master Zen,

Play it the PP way. Instead of 100 hours to win, you'll use up only 25 hours, or, for the same amount of time, you can get 4 wins!
                          I'm not sure if "the dark side" will let me do that!

Comment

• MS you can ignore the time on my game as I often leave the game all day even if I am not home. Sometimes I shut it down to do something else, sometimes not.

So all it really tells me is how many hours I had the game load. I run without using the CD, so it is not a problem with wear and tear.

Comment

• Originally posted by vmxa1
                              MS you can ignore the time on my game as I often leave the game all day even if I am not home. Sometimes I shut it down to do something else, sometimes not.
                              Why don't you get lost?

I was trying to convert an evil player to the 'Peace & Sid' side...

Master Zen: be sensible, at least this time. Either you play it PP, and win, or you play it Arrian's style ( ) and you'll lose. Losing with dignity is very noble, but it's still not a victory...
                              Last edited by Mountain Sage; May 13, 2004, 04:30.
                              The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

• I am undefeated on Sid level. I played it once, at the peak of my CivIII-prime, when Conquests was released, and beat it by one-city culture victory. I proved I could do it, and I don't think I will ever try it again.

The civ: Byzantium, small map, continents.
                                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X