No announcement yet.

Civilizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've said this before, but I don't think civs should be chosen in order to "fill out" the Earth map. Most people don't even use the map of Earth. However, I do agree with adding civs in order to increase the variety of cultures in the game. More African and central/eastern Asian civs would do nicely.

Also, I would not add civs like the Inuit (or Aborigines,etc.) which never civilized on their own. Such groups do have distinct cultures, but they don't count as civilizations by definition. On second thought, maybe they could be added. However, there are about a 100 or so civs that I'd like to see added before them.
    "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

In modern times France and Germany are distinct countries but France was settled by the Franks, who are Germans. The fact that they went over to speaking Latin later is irrelevant, the French are by blood Germans.

Anyway... I do think that the only nations that should be included are those that formed themselves (or could have formed themselves, had history gone differently) into distinct Nation-States. A Nation-State is a state whose citizenry has a common language and ethnic background. We should definetly have the Slavs, the Russians were supposedly (according to their own myths, which aren't true) founded by Rus Vikings.

And Israel should definetly be included. I mean, what's the fighting in the middle east about?

And parts of your empire which were once one culture should be able to declare independance. That would be seriously cool.

Comment

Working...
      X