Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaders through the Ages III: Back with a vengeance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaders through the Ages III: Back with a vengeance!

Yes, in what seems to be an annual thing now, this thread will contain a compilation of all the leader graphics for the 8 new civs in Conquests. Not much at first here, but as new info is released, I'll add it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ixnay; November 6, 2003, 18:26.

Second batch of 3 civs.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ixnay; November 6, 2003, 18:27.

Comment

Great to see it back and kicking ixnay. It is very appreciated.

How about adding UU pics too?

cheers

Comment

w00t! Just in case you didn't notice Ixy, there is a chance that they got the two leaders mixed up, so be prepared to switch them if the need presents itself. Checkout the the "heads up" thread for more details.
        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think that the picture marked Gilgamesh, if it is Gilgamesh, is actually Medieval and not Ancient. Ancient Sumerians dressed nothing like that. Medieval Baghdad was full of such clothing styles.

And is it just me, or does Gilgamesh have Hannibal's sea bit behind him? If so, it might be someone else entirely!
          Empire growing,
          Pleasures flowing,
          Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Glad to see the leaderheads through the ages back and kicking !
            So, Firaxis wants to inlude the Hittites ? Along with the Sumerians, the Babylonians, the Egyptians and the possible Hebrews, it sure has potential to make an excellent 'Cradle of Civ' scenario !
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

They mentioned that the game will come with a "Battle for Mesopotamia" Scenario
              Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Spiffor, yeah, they should include the Israelites if they want to sell their expansion pack to this History Guy...
                Empire growing,
                Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Ok, after looking at it some more, the pic of "Gilgamesh" does indeed look like it would fit in the middle-ages more than the ancient, so I have moved it there.

Comment

Thanks.
                    Empire growing,
                    Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Gilgamesh should be in Ancient (his background is the same as Hannibal's ancient background).

Also Mursilis is the spelling not Mursalis.
                      Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
                      To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

Elden,

You're right about Mursilis, but I don't think so where Gilgamesh is concerned. How many ancient Sumerians ran around dressed like that? It's too medieval. Besides, that isn't the same background.
                        Empire growing,
                        Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Thank you, I was wondering when it would show up.

Comment

Are Hittites confirmed?

I know Incas and Sumerians are...Although I don't like having the Sumerians in, as it seems redundant with the Babylonians. They could have at least picked an actual Sumerian leader, like Sargon.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The Hittite leader Mersilis is in that picture
                              So that means the Hittites are in
                              Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X