Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straybow
    I think if you're having persistent time problems on
    weekdays, just say so and we can bear with it.
    It's hard to narrow down when busy times will be. It depends on sales at work. I can have two weeks of almost nothing then have 10 contracts land on my desk at one time. (with 2-3 days needed per contract.) Additionally I am second chair on our steering comittee and writer for our newsletter so the First week of the month is allways a little crunched.

Last week was a week of 12 hour days, week before I left early every day and had long lunches, you just never know.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• One little surprise held me up, otherwise I'd have finished yesterday.

The newly elected Senate has issued a report criticizing the Straybow administration's peace plan and reconstruction in Mesopotamia. Press Secretary Tonu Snohu responds in the latest Press Conference:

"Yes, we are seeing signs of unrest in former Assyrian cities. However, this is not due to a botched rebuilding program. We've had slaves from the former Assyrian army working around Ninevah for a century now. Military Engineers built roads and irrigation around Neshibin and moved on to the Syrian districts."

"The only discontent is that Ninevite population is several times larger than before the war and the expanded infrastructure has not kept pace with growth. They need an expensive aquaduct for drinking water if the city is to grow further."

"Yes, we have seen some angry faces in Antioch. That unrest is because we completed the aquaduct project there and now the city's growth has outstripped all the other infrastructure. A demonstration by ten thousand plebs in a city of 450 thousand is not a problem."

"Opposition leaders in the Senate have publicly condemned Consul Straybow, who was quoted as responding, 'They want us to build a Coloseum and give them free tickets? They should be happy. Under the Monarchy they'd have been put to forced labor.' "

"Gentlemen, we all know that this is exactly what the Senators themselves have said every time appropriations for infrastructure come up for a vote."

Excerpted from Straybow's address to the Senate
      This is all just grandstanding from the powerful new provinces. The home provinces have been suffering the same problems. Both Antioch and Cargemish built aquaducts before Amaseia. Construction in Ancyra has just begun. Syria and Mesopotamia are not the step-children of the Hatte.

Unrest because of unprecedented growth is not failure, it is success outstripping itself.
      Attached Files
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Bab 2450

Time flows normally.
        Attached Files
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• I will be away (and probably unable to play) from Dec 22 to Dec 28. If I get the Egypt save + needed barters before I leave, I will bring Civ2 along and try to play approx Dec 26.

BTW - Zedd says he was supposed to send Crop Rotation to Persia in 2470BC, because of the GL. I need that from Minos [or from another very likely source] before I can start my 2450BC turn.

Happy Holidays!

Comment

• I will be away and definitely not be able to play until Jan. 3rd 2007, so from my side there is no hurry

Wish you all a merry xmas and a nice end of year!

Comment

• Sorry guys, i was away for a few days and unable to play with the usual dispatch. Will be leaving again, possibly not back until January. All requested emails were sent to all requesting parties. Merry Christmas!
              Attached Files
              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Happy christmas!
                Wait ... is my clock delayed?

Comment

• "Clock"?

Persians finally learn the secret of Crop Rotation from sages of a friendly King. Our population reaches an all time high. Not much else to report (so... why did this turn take me all day?)
                  Attached Files

Comment

• A happy new year to all
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                      "Clock"?
                      I wrote something about Christmas on 25th December, so I was late...

BTW in fact we were on 7th Agrichtak of 256th Penembuldo. Your calendar still confuses me, so in Babylon we use the original calendar of my Universe.

Comment

• I prefer the Hobbit calendar, 13 months of 4 equal weeks. It appeals to my Engineering side I suppose.

Of course in Minoa we have a 7 month calendar, with varying weeks in the months to match rainy and dry seasons as well as tides and star charts. It's very difficult to explain, and I let the scientists do all of the work so I'm not even sure I understand it all.

Happy Festivus, for the rest of us!
                        Attached Files
                        Wizards sixth rule:
                        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Under the old Monarchy the Senate was an advisory body. Over the decades since the change to a Republican government the Senate has grown in power. A glorious new Senate Chambers and office complex has been built in Hattusas befitting the expanding powers of the Senate.

During construction of this grand edifice, baggage handlers in the Hattusas Camelport Terminal sacrificed a camel after completing the unloading of twelve massive trains of camels. This unauthorized act angered the gods, according to the chief priests. The blood of the offenders has been demanded to appease the gods.

Consul Straybow, who still holds the title of King, was therefore able to intervene and stay the judgment of the Clerical Court. The High Court then ruled the baggage handlers' action to be a civil offense rather than a criminal violation of religious law. The chief priests of the pantheon drew lots, and the augury then performed confirms the anger of the gods was appeased by the scourging of the offenders.

It seems fitting that the Senate Chambers be embroiled in political controversy even before it had been consecrated.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Straybow; January 9, 2007, 12:41.
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Somebody was wondering about the "x" in the name. Just after uploading the save I remembered that it needed one more barter... so I had to upload a new save with a different name so it wouldn't copy from cache.

Comment

• Bab 2440

Our officials are busy now. Babylon will issue a pronouncement about Zagros later.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• The industrious peasants of Egypt till the fields as they have for millenia. Words like "Senate" and "voting" reflect concepts as alien to them as Nut's Silvery Orb.
                                Attached Files
                                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
                                X