No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peasteress Ctrl-N'd; here is the Greek save. I do not like playing enforcer, but we have a rule and we need to follow it. IMO Zedd should play. My thoughts:

* Stray's message implied that Kengel would be able to play on the weekend. But that's 75% over, and he has not posted anything. Our rule requires a request in advance for more time.
    * If Zedd starts his turn, and Kengel shows up with a really great explanation, then we can back up. We have done this kind of thing before with Egypt-Persia.
    *It was quite hard for me to play my 2660 turn on time because work piled up early this week. A note in advance from Kengel would have helped a lot. ST suggested this to Kengel last time he was late.
    * I am inclined to give some slack to players who normally post promptly, but IMO a Ctrl-N now is reasonable.
    * When I took over Persia, it had been devastated by several Ctrl-N's. Ex: Cities spent many turns making walls, even though they already had walls. Farmers were idle, etc. I do not wish this on anyone, but the players were correct to Ctrl-N Persia then, and we may have to do it again from time to time.

Zedd: Since this is Peasteress's first Ctrl-N, please watch out for anything unusual.

Attached Files

Comment

• Can't disagree
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Hi guys,
        I am very sorry , indeed I returned just today in the morning.
        Here is the greek turn.

Since we are at this topic:
        I feel that I have less and less time, and surely I do not intend to hold up that game- it will be always difficult for me to play my turns:
        so I am thinking of retiring and to let someone play, who would have more time and enthusiasm to play this wonderful game.
        What do you think, are there any suggestions?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Yes, before the loss of LF we had been talking about offering Greece to Zedd. Obviously we must find another sucker player.
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Just be sure to get one a little more knowledgeable and diligent.

The scarcity of players both in the forum and to civ 2 in general suggests it will be very hard to find a replacement player. If you seriously intend to leave the game we would need to start looking very soon, and I hope you could continue on for a little longer.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Issue #1: The Greek 2660BC turn. It seems Kengel may be doing us a favor by playing the Greeks, but on the other hand, he has not given us a good reason to waive the 72 hour rule. So, IMO Zedd should play on from the Peasteress save. I will not be too upset if Zedd uses Kengel's save, but either way, Zedd's clock started on March 12 IMO.

Issue #2: Who plays the Greeks ? 1-2 Evo players were interested in a SOG 2 [and they typically play in 24 hours!]. Maybe one of them is willing. Any objections if I offer Greece to them (starting whenever Kengel wants) ?

Other possibilities are that one of us takes over, at least when Kengel is away. Or, I could offer the Greeks to Peasteress, though I expect she'd need a lot of help from me at first, and I am not too sure she'd be interested. And you guys would have to behave

Comment

• If the Peasteress is so distrought over time maybe persia should play alone!

I WILL PLAY THE GREEK SAVE!

& If i am to punch a clock then start looking for TWO players.

Edit: I have much respect for Peaster but the Holier than Thou gavel bashing is frustrating. I am not as adept at this scenario as ANY of you, and it WILL take me longer to finish my turns with all that is happening.

If that is a problem then kick me out.
                Last edited by Zedd; March 14, 2006, 20:35.
                Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• I can agree with Pestaer we need to enforce the 72 hour rule. And that Zedd should clearly say in advance if he wasn't able to keep the rule.
                  From other point of view Zedd announced the time limit is too short during his first Minoan turn... and Peaster still asked him to play after 6? days ...
                  I think Zedd can have a different time limit...
                  Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Yes, and the reason we considered giving Greece to Zedd was because kengel's work was interfering with his Civ2ing months ago.

Harrumph! Some of us might think kengel should get his priorities straight and find another job but that isn't always the solution people choose.

It is as deplorable and inexplicable a situation as those sorry individuals who've abandoned Civ2 for over-rated "successors" like Civ3 and Civ4...

/me pulls out dog-eared, stained copy of The List and climbs up on his soap-box, only to be pelted into silence by a hail of shoes, rotten vegetables, etc.

Comment

• This is the only rule I really care about, and I will not agree to changing it for one person. Like all other players, Zedd is welcome to ask for more time, along with some explanation. He is not allowed to demand more time, and not allowed to pick and choose which rules he will follow.

My opinion is that being new to the scenario is not a good excuse, at least in Zedd's case. He is welcome to ask others for advice, and to make most of his plans in the 3 week period between his turns. This latter question should be a group decision.

Comment

• I could continue with the greek till another regular player is found, but I will not have much time to post here (sorry...)

PEASTER: It will help me a lot if you could send me a short "alarm" email after finishing your turn, since I do not check this thread every day, thanks!

Comment

• My rant was not a Plea for different rules or Time extension, but I would hope that at hour 73 I don't check the thread to find my turn CTRL-N'd.

I will play and post this evening, IIRC that IS within the 72 hour from Kengals Save.
                          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Kengel: Yes, I 'll email you - have done so a few times before, but had no sense of whether you found that helpful or pushy.

Zedd: You are welcome to use Kengel's save if you accept responsibility for your choice (loss of one day). Your clock started with the first save and you are past 72. But since you took the trouble to post your plans, I intend to wait til P2's bedtime tonight, approx 9:00PM.

Comment

• On germanos' days (I guess before both Peaster and Zedd came) we tried a rule that a delay of one player doesn't freeze clocks of next players. For example if kengel is delayed Zedd's clock starts at 72th hour of kengel's time. Zedd can wait for kengel, but if he waits all his 72h limit he may be Ctrl-Ned by Straybow.
                              This way those impatient people like Peaster don't have to harass constantly, they only wait until their time comes and then they can Ctrln-N all those previous delayed civs .
                              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Straybow: You can play from this save, or wait for Zedd, whichever you like. I guess you know the rules. Note that "holier than thou", "impatient", "Pester" and "Oh My Bother" have already been used. You can do better!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X