New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I try to acomplish that very thing, but it never seems to work out

Admitedly I have had what? 4 turns as minoans, and my days have been fairly messed up so It probably won't be as much of an issue once I hve taken the time i should to get to know this civ. I still have to look at the game to figure out city names and locations
    Last edited by Zedd; March 20, 2006, 13:50.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• bab 2650

Nothing important, Babs returned back to trade, now I am leaving for Ceylon, there is a congress about elephants, I may be back after 2 days.
      Attached Files
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• A new era of peace dawns bright and shining! Let the fruits of victory be shared by all.
        Attached Files
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I guess Kull doesn't have 100 emails to wade through every turn...
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• A question, O Great Kull. Tin is in the Oil slot, but I'm having difficulty discerning which tech is in the Combustion or Refining slot that creates Oil demand.
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
              A question, O Great Kull. Tin is in the Oil slot, but I'm having difficulty discerning which tech is in the Combustion or Refining slot that creates Oil demand.
              Internal Revolt, 1, 0, no, no, 0, 0 ; Cmb Combustion
              Unit Tactics, 7,-1, Ldr, Rep, 3, 0 ; Ref Refining

Which means, I guess, there won't be a demand for tin (the key ingredient in bronze) until it's time to build Legions.....who will need it for their bronze swords and......er......ah...hmph.

(Guess who was pretty unclear on the link between trade item demand and technologies way back when?)

Originally posted by Straybow
              I guess Kull doesn't have 100 emails to wade through every turn...
              Greece may be on the physical periphery, but Egypt is definitely on the diplomatic periphery!

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• They need tin for their cooking gear, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kull
                  Greece may be on the physical periphery, but Egypt is definitely on the diplomatic periphery!
                  Interesting...
                  I sent one message to Egypt during my turn and another one today and got no answer yet.

Comment

• Yes, very interesting... and I can even add "periphery" to my collection of Persia words

Well, we Persians do not have much to report either, especially considering our royal mailmen handled 25 messages over the past week.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker

Interesting...
                      I sent one message to Egypt during my turn and another one today and got no answer yet.
                      Pharoah is informed that General Mekret communicated directly with the Babylonian foreign ministry several days ago. He assures us that this communication, like many others was handed directly off to the Baylonian message service, which for some reason seems to enjoy discarding Egyptian documents.

Perhaps the Immortal One would see to the chastisement of his subordinates. In the meanwhile, Egypt will - again - send a repeat message - again.

Comment

• Pharaoh, I have a suspicion there are papereaters among officials at Babylonian Ministry of foreign affairs. It appears the Egyptian paper is very delicious, because they despise paper from other nations.
                        Last message from Pharaoh I read was the question about a Bab boat on Eufrat in 2660. I sent an answer and two other messages this year but got no Egyptian word.
                        I will confirm each letter from Egypt I will get.

Comment

• Again sorry for the delay
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Egyptian papyrus is definitely more edible than those clay tablets you mesopotamians like to use.

Perhaps the sheepskin parchment we northerners use is too chewy for your paper-eaters.

Comment

• Several Persian messages have also been lost to the omnivorous Babylonians. But we discovered the Alphabet only a decade ago, so our runners always deliver our messages vocally.

Comment

• Do your runners return in good status and complete? I must inspect my hungry officers more carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X