No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIRC ST's view is that Straybow's clock started two days ago. My view is that it starts when someone posts a Minoan save for him to play from. Any other opinions?

Anyway, Peasteress is busy at another temple, but she should be available within a day or so.

Comment

• I think the 'main' question is: can Straybow wait for Zedd even if he gets a Ctrl-Ned save? Is it only on Straybow's decision if he wants to wait?

If the answer is 'yes' then Straybow should care about a Ctrl-N himself IMO. (But probably he should get an extension equal to a period between he asked for a Ctrl-N and he got it.)

The rules ver. 3 contain this:
      There is now a 72 hour deadline. If you can't make it, post here, and we will undoubtedly give you some more time, if you have a good excuse. If you are late, expect your turn to have passed. Don't be shy to take your turn when the guy before you has not shown up in time.
      But we talked also about another rule (sorry, I didn't find the original germanos' wording):
      On germanos' days (I guess before both Peaster and Zedd came) we tried a rule that a delay of one player doesn't freeze clocks of next players. For example if kengel is delayed Zedd's clock starts at 72th hour of kengel's time. Zedd can wait for kengel, but if he waits all his 72h limit he may be Ctrl-Ned by Straybow.
      Rules don't give an unambiguous answer of the 'main' question to me, although I prefer a less hard time rule and a possibility to wait (and to catch up delays collectively).
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• We have some extensive planning and know what he intends, at least for half of his map. We can look for a sub, maybe?
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• @ST - Not sure I understand your view or your post. I think you are saying that Straybow must ASK for a Ctrl-N if he doesn't want to wait. Since he hasn't done so, Babylon can now ask for a double Ctrl-N, but would still have the option to wait for Zedd and/or Stray? I expect most players will be reluctant to ask for a Ctrl-N, and after a week or so, we'd be confused about whose turn it is. It's not clear to me how this would be enforced. It seems harsher on Straybow and Zedd than my idea. If I got your idea wrong, please explain.

Here is a Ctrl-N'd Minoan save. As usual, Straybow doesn't have to use it. IMO the Hittite clock starts now, so Stray still has 72 hours to play.

@Straybow: If you are sure Zedd can play Sunday, then you can wait on him, but then you must play by Tuesday (under my plan). I don't mind a sub, if you or Zedd can find one. I wouldn't mind if YOU subbed for him. I forget if we have a rule on that - I guess you would need Zedd's permission, at least.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Peaster; December 16, 2006, 11:59.

Comment

• I should be able to play as soon as I get a save from Zedd. I've sent an email to Zedd, RobRoy and Sparrowhawk to see if we have a taker if we don't hear from Zedd by Sunday.

The Sparrowhawk address bounced ("Host mb.sympatico.ca not found"), so that leaves RR. I'll try a PM here to Sparrowhawk.

I'm not comfortable with subbing for Min. I don't want to spoil the mystery of not knowing what's going on apart from the shared information. Transition from LF to Zedd was a different thing entirely.

I've been waiting because we have Very Important Plans (harumph!) but it appears he's been super busy IRL.
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• >I think you are saying that Straybow must ASK for a Ctrl-N if he doesn't want to wait. Since he hasn't done so, Babylon can now ask for a double Ctrl-N, but would still have the option to wait for Zedd and/or Stray?

Exactly. I am not saying this is clearly said in the rules but 'On germanos days' paragraph suggests it (less or more).
              I also think Babylon shall say in advance that she will enforce the time rule, so that Hittites can make their turn. But I said in past I wouldn't enforce it except we would be delayed severely (14 days for example).

>I expect most players will be reluctant to ask for a Ctrl-N, and after a week or so, we'd be confused about whose turn it is.

IMO we can easily count hours and to register/publish whose turn is running.

>It's not clear to me how this would be enforced.

Anybody could ask a Ctrl-N save and play his turn.

>Here is a Ctrl-N'd Minoan save. As usual, Straybow doesn't have to use it. IMO the Hittite clock starts now, so Stray still has 72 hours to play.
              >you must play by Tuesday (under my plan)

I have no problem with this interpretation (anyway we should make it official, the time rules are unclear now).
              I only don't think Straybow MUST play by Tuesday: IMO Babylon can wait for both Minoans and Hittites.

>I wouldn't mind if YOU subbed for him. I forget if we have a rule on that - I guess you would need Zedd's permission, at least.

We have a rule against it (germanos objected it).

>I'm not comfortable with subbing for Min. I don't want to spoil the mystery of not knowing what's going on apart from the shared information.

Good point. Theoretically Minos might want to keep some secrets towards Hittites.

Comment

• "IMO the Hittite clock starts now, so Stray still has 72 hours to play."

Didn't catch that on the first read. OK, that takes some pressure off. It gives a hypothetical sub receiving the turn Sunday evening an entire day to work.

Comment

• I do apologize for the daelay. As I am sure is the case with many if you, this time of year is chaotic, and I currently have many things demanding my attention.

(One reason why I got the turn order wrong and tried to play peasters save.)

So , Provided he doesn't object, I would like Straybow to take over in my stead should His turn be put in jeapardy due to my absences. Hatta is Ally and Trade partner to Minoa and Stray is aware of much of the plans for trade and such. I trust his judgement, and his ability to play neutrally if it should be required.

Having said that I will not abandon the need to meet the game play deadline, I just don't want it to cause problems for those playing after me.

Also I want to announce I will be out of commission between 12/23 and 12/28 and again on 1/4 and 1/5. Should My turn come arround on these days I will leave it to this groups best judgement how to proceede.

Happy holidays.
                  Attached Files
                  Wizards sixth rule:
                  "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                  Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Thought on the "Time Schedlue"
                    If a turn is not played in 3 days the next player options to allow the player some of "thier time" to play the turn and avoid a ctrl-n.

But if a player finnishes early does the next player then have extra time to play a round?

For example last turn Min-Grk-and Hit played in 3 days, did Babylon therefore then have 6 extra days to play?

And if so, and everyone else has posted in the 3 day time frame, I think my 1 day delay would not derail our schedule too badly right now.
                    Wizards sixth rule:
                    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Yay!

Those who actually have a life will probably be busy the last week of Dec, at least here in the USA. Dunno about our Europlayers. I'll have one brother (maybe both) in town, so I have to pretend I have a life.

I don't think we can carry forward that much slack. If several play fast then there is less worry about 72hrs for the next guy. When everyone is taking close to the max then further delay gets frustrating.

I think if you're having persistent time problems on weekdays, just say so and we can bear with it.

Comment

• >But if a player finnishes early does the next player then have extra time to play a round?
                        For example last turn Min-Grk-and Hit played in 3 days, did Babylon therefore then have 6 extra days to play?

IMO once a turn is played a new clock starts to count next 72 hrs.

Comment

• Wow, I had almost forgotten about this thread (and if not for the PM from Straybow, I would have forgotten it). The email Straybow tried doesn't work anymore, and I am not sure I still ahve the necessary civ files loaded, so not sure i would be the best sub, but I could try to help if needed. I kinda scanned the last few posts quickly, not sure exactly what you need me to do though.

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Thank for your helpfulness, SH. No need anymore, Zedd has played already.

Comment

• And what is this evil "ogame" that hath drawn thee away from Holy Civdom?

Comment

• Okay, I updated my profile with my current email address (I guess that's why I stopped getting email from Apolyton ).

Good to hear that the game is moving forward again and glad I wasn't needed to help out

As for ogame, as my signature says, it is the most adictive game I have played and is commonly refered to as "ocrack" by some of the players. Not for everyone though, our Apolyton alliance at one point had some 30+ members and now has 3 adicts remaining.

But back on topic.........game on!

/me
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X