No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for interrupting, but isn't there a "number of posts limit" for threads?

BTW, where's our 7 player game? Ok, I'm throwing rocks in a glass house here (as the lame swedish proverb goes), but who's holding us back?

Carolus

Comment

• We cannot pin the blame on any one person, but at the moment it is Zedd's turn. It appears he has not downloaded the Bab save yet and has less than 24 hours before our infamous N-guy arrives. So, I will be proactive this time ....

Zedd??

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
        our infamous N-guy arrives
        ROTFLMAO

I must admit, I have been called a lot worse.

I will post the control N save if Zedd doesn't appear, but in this case perhaps more then any other, I really hope he appears as it seems the rest of the world is after him now, and the loss of one turn could be hugely detrimental.

In light of this I am sending a PM to Zedd.

/me aka "infamous N-guy"
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Yuck!

I just downloaded and loaded the game, and there is a significant decision required of me that I would rather not make.

However, Zedd has not read my PM yet, so I assume he has not been online in the last 24 hours.

I need direction on whether or not to make this decision and post the save or if you guys want to wait longer for him.

On a related note, someone else downloaded the save before me (I checked yesterday and downloads were 0, today before I did downloads were already at 1). Any chance it was Zedd that downloaded it?

/me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Given that we have a 6-on-1 war underway, and that Zedd is the "1", I'm inclined to bend our rules into a pretzel in this case. So lets give it another 72 hours from now (and hopefully it won't take that long). Anybody object?
            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I DL'd the Bab save very soon after it appeared, and the counter is now at 2, so it seems he has not DL'd. The 72-hour rule has been almost completely trashed lately and it needs some teeth. I prefer that you N us all without mercy after 72 hours each. If Kull decides to wait another day or so for Zedd, I have no objection. If you want to wait for a second opinion, or play Zedd's turn for him, that's OK with me too.

Comment

• Sorry everyone, I had been checking in but thought for some reason that Peaster was before me in the line up.

I will dl and play from home this afternoon so peaster will have the weekend to play.

Sorry for the goof up
                Wizards sixth rule:
                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Here ya Go

A minoan ship was seen sneaking into Mallia to re-enforce enemy armies there, lucky a bireme was in the area.

Babalonians continue to harrass our citys of er and Kurigalzu, More forces have been ordered to the area but no solution to thier intrusions has been found. One adviser suggested blocking the river with rocks and dirt :LOL:, who could possibly do such a thing?

The last evidences of the reign of kind dedanu have faded, the army has re-grouped and is just now starting to cary out Zedanu's plans for defending the realm. Let us hope they are enough to protect our cities until peace is restored.
                  Attached Files
                  Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Glad to see I didn't need to play that one.

As suggested by Peaster and implied by Kull, I will keep watching the thread and attempt to help enforce the 72 hour rule.

Please PM me if a "control N" is required.

Thanks,
                    Sparrowhawk

Comment

• The massive Egyptian Chariot onslaught continues, sending the armies of Assyria reeling backwards on all fronts. Soon, Horus willing, our horses shall slake their thirst in the Waters of Euphrates.
                      Attached Files

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Persian priests call upon their dark gods to bless the great armies of Pharaoh and the King of Babylon. Also, the great ships of our allies in the perilous western seas.

Persian troops are still recovering from recent battles, but a decisive effort to rebuild our glorious army is already underway. Sinbad has led another band of skirmishers to victory over the barbarians, bringing back another wagon load of gold. His popularity soars, and many Persian pundits speak of him as the next King.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Zedd
                          The last evidences of the reign of kind dedanu have faded, the army has re-grouped and is just now starting to cary out Zedanu's plans for defending the realm. Let us hope they are enough to protect our cities until peace is restored.
                          Do we hear well that Assyria is prepared for a capitulation?
                          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• .....or do they still prefer the decapitation?

Comment

• I said from the beginning that I was not looking forward to war, and would keep a mind open for peace. But if the price of peace is 1/2 of all Assyria then it is too much. If my enemies require 1/2 of what the Assyrians have worked for then there will be blood shed on each side. Thus far I have made no move more aggressive save the delivery of camels and the defense of Assyrias only Island city from ships sent to attack. I have elected to defend those cities left in my charge at Dedanu's passing, rather than "aquiring" more cities, which was most certainly possible.

I doubt that this distinction will sway the hatred of our enemys.
                              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Minoan Navy Headquarters confirm he loss of an Early Sail offshore Mallia. The Assyrian Bireme will be punished ASAP
                                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Working...
                                X