New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Therefore:
    - one more Assyrian attack against Babylon = no more Assyrian caravan welcome to any Minoan city;
    - if no more Assyrian attack, then:
    a) one Assyrian caravan welcome once the Hittite caravan safely delivered to Assyria,
    b) no more Assyrian caravan welcome until ALL Assyrian units withdrawn from Anatolia

Hattusas concurs with Knossus on this point.

Umm, whose turn... Kull?
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Sparrowhawk, can you help out here ? Maybe we need to move on. Kull has not asked for an extension, and diplomacy has stagnated.

Comment

• Control N turn played for the Egyptians!

Game on

/me

Note: and with that, I will be unable to help out until March 1 at the earliest......but hopefully my assistance isn't needed before then anyway
        Attached Files
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Thanks, Sparrowhawk. I hope Kull will still post before I do, probably Tuesday afternoon, and then I will gladly use his saved game.

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
            I do dispute the frequency of DS-info that was granted to Assyria though:
            an e-mail attached
            I think this corresponds to the Babylonian last public message perfectly... We are not in dispute in this point. I have nothing to add.
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• The Persians cease their celebrations, puzzled over the news of the Assyrian attack on Babylon and the deafening silence from the Nile.

Also, word spreads that old King Achaemenes has died peacefully in a small villa north of Godin. Persian priests defer their cosmological research to prepare the King's voyage into the afterlife. Of course, all friendly kings are invited to attend the ceremonies, which will be held in the holy city of Behistun.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Sorry guys - I had a last minute trip come up and left town for a few days. (Rats! Hate losing a move!) In the event that others might agree (and Peaster be willing to replay his turn exactly), here's the Egyptian turn:

Originally posted by germanos

.......but Pharaoh fears for a shift in the balance of power between Babylonia and Assyria will likely be true:
                the Assyrian investments have been very large.
                Surely my brother realizes that the balance of power he proposes to shift is that which exists between Assyria and ALL other nations? In the absence of clearly defined war aims that do not include territorial gain, does Assyria honestly expect it's neighbors to sit idly by? Whatever the magnitude of thy grievances, the remedy must have limits.
                Attached Files
                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• (+) Good to hear from Egypt. Persia is willing to return a favor from Egypt by replaying. But -

(-) We waited 5-6 days. If I replay, do we enforce the 72 hour rule in the future? It seems to me a line is crossed when the next player moves.

Also, the Egyptian move could affect mine. And Egypt's position on the war will influence Persian strategy. So, I don't promise to replay the new save exactly.

I assume this would set a new precedent, and it seems like a bad one to me. But if nobody posts an opinion on this soon, I will probably replay, for Egypt's sake and to keep the game moving.

Comment

• I think you can replay if there will be no interr... (no dictionary here) with Egyptian units.
                    The same problem was with Bab-Assyrian replay this turn... but I agree we should avoid this.

So I ask all players to ask for a prolongation BEFORE the 72 hour limit.
                    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• 2840BC, version 2.0

There was no interference [or interruption, interaction, interest, intermarriage...etc] with Egyptian units. Here's the new save for Kengel.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I agree it's outside the normal rules, so if anyone objects, I have no argument - just hated to miss out on a turn!
                        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Kull's turn: or ? I'd guess that a note before leaving town would've held your turn without objection. Now kengel is overdue but perhaps he must wait for Sunday to play.
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Hi guys,
                            sorry for being late, I am on a weekend-trip and will not return before monday evening GMT...
                            In principle, I have no problem with Kull and Peaster replaying their turn; if so, let me know till monday before I will do my turn.

Comment

• "Time keeps on slippin' (slippin' slippin')
                              Into the future..."

Comment

• Here we are... Sorry for the delay.
                                Just posting the game before going ...
                                Enjoy!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X