New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not "chat" he said "cat"
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Babylon is OK in 'mibis' (but +2000 gold would be pleasurable).
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow

It must be something about the French version (danged Frogs )
        1) I swear there are no frogs in my swimming pool

2) The problem cannot be related with the French version because I play an English version that SG2 sent to me a few weeks before he left us.
        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Loaded in SP mode, all workers in place.

Will play tomorrow (going to work now ).
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• The Silver Throne is enlarged by the founding of Alalakh in the Gate of the East.

Hatta troops in the west have seen an influx of Greeks. Do not interfere with Hatta movements on roads and rivers!
            Attached Files
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• bab 2840

Due to unclear situation on the Assyrian border Babylon appear more to be a nation of patrols than a nation of traders. But production of caravans wasn't stopped: Ceylon, our overseas settlement, has produced one.
              Attached Files

Comment

• I sent 3 e-mails about Persia to Stefan in january and got no answer from him. Also the "PM tracking" system says no date of last connection, probably because the last connection is too old.

Comment

• Aargh! I forgot to apply a "unfreezing barter" to a unit I got last turn!
                  It looks we have no rule for such a situation...
                  Can I replay,
                  or can I fabricate a new "unfreezing barter" for next turn (this needn't be so easy, the original barter will report it is obsolete so only way would be to hexedit it and to change the year),
                  or will the unit stay freezed all the game?

Comment

• Do we even know if hexediting the unfreeze will work?

Next player hasn't gone, so I vote re-play. Document the number of partial movement point attempts from the first play and explain how you recreated those moves.

Comment

• I don't understand this freezing and unfreezing, but a replay is OK with me.

Comment

• I vote for disallowing the gifting of units.
                        It's causing to many problems.
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                          Do we even know if hexediting the unfreeze will work?

Next player hasn't gone, so I vote re-play. Document the number of partial movement point attempts from the first play and explain how you recreated those moves.

I'll have to record my partial moves as well...
                          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Perseat allowed me to tell you about a mortifying story that happened to Persian unit of scouts. They scouted area about Ecbatana. They sunk into moorland below the massif ... but ... in the Babylonian territory. Babylonian patrols caught them when they were in a helpless situation. Diplomatic negotiations between Babylon and Persia started, fortunately Persia had a sober ambassador in Ur and Persia apologized for the penetration. But Persian scouts got to know some secret knowledge about north of Babylon and so we agreed that Babylon would buy the unit from Persia.

The picture: Babylonian skirmishers trying to get the Persian unit from the moor.

Edit: sorry for the cursor in the picture, the "change attachment" feature doesn't work.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by SlowThinker; January 30, 2005, 09:35.

Comment

• I think replay is not needed (it may be easy now but a general solution shouldn't be betting with replays):
                              (so I think germanos needn't wait and can play)

If you compare the original and the unfreezing barter in any file-compare tool in binary mode then you see where the year is stored. So hexediting would be easy.
                              Peaster had a good idea: I could pass him the unit back and he could pass it back again. It would work probably. And this is perfectly natural and nobody should complain IMO.

Hexediting is less laborious than the back-back method so I vote to allow both.
                              (BTW we didn't finish a talk about our voting system that I started in past. IIRC only LF mentioned most PBEM's have a boss).

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
                                I vote for disallowing the gifting of units.
                                It's causing to many problems.
                                This is first problem with unit giving and I think it is solved.
                                I strongly disagree with such serious change of rules in the middle of game.

Originally posted by Straybow
                                Document the number of partial movement point attempts from the first play and explain how you recreated those moves.
                                I think the replay is not needed, but...
                                Documenting partial movements would be a strange rule. Many people replayed their turns already and nobody reported that. I suppose it is clear that the player who replays presses the spacebar if a unit with partial movepoints shall not to move further.

Comment

Working...
                                X