No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, first we need to talk about that CtP1 Cow avatar...
    Well, I'm not giving it up for free, but I don't see why we can't share it.
    Last edited by Peaster; January 12, 2005, 00:14.

Comment

• Well, if we just keep spamming posting in this thread you'll get custom avatar priveleges...
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Sorry, I have problems with time.
        I will try to play on Friday evening...if not on Saturday about noon.
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Don't worry ST!
          Peaster and Straybow can go on (spamming) entertaining us in the meantime
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• bab 2850

Sorry for being late.
            Attached Files

Comment

• I apologize

I received a map sent by my faithful ally, the Hittite archer, and opened it to have a look, since my own map was obsolete.
              By mistake I opened the map in MP mode instead of SP, which showed me some units moving that I wouldn't have seen otherwise before next turn, I suppose.
              Nothing much, but I wished to tell you (also wished to tell you that I will take care never to do that again; also wished to tell the Persian leader that his horseman who apparently killed one of my sissie skirmishers should have reported to his leader who should have reported to me, or am I wrong?).

Comment

• Re: I apologize

Originally posted by La Fayette
                I received a map sent by my faithful ally, the Hittite archer, and opened it to have a look, since my own map was obsolete.
                By mistake I opened the map in MP mode instead of SP, which showed me some units moving that I wouldn't have seen otherwise before next turn, I suppose.
                Nothing much, but I wished to tell you (also wished to tell you that I will take care never to do that again; also wished to tell the Persian leader that his horseman who apparently killed one of my sissie skirmishers should have reported to his leader who should have reported to me, or am I wrong?).
                Ehrmm... would this unit be killed between your last save and you getting the new map? That would seem pretty impossible .
                Or was this unit killed by the renegade civ that moved during your improper opening of the save?
                Or do we have a Ctrl-N issue here? (in which case you are very late to report it)

Thanks for your honesty, and be carefull next time

Will post within 24 hours, I'm almost done.
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Re: Re: I apologize

Originally posted by germanos
                  was this unit killed by the renegade civ that moved during your improper opening of the save?
                  I guess this is what happened.
                  All I can say is that my skirmisher was alive and in good health in 2860.

Comment

• LaFayette,

I don't think my horseman killed your skirmisher - at least not by my instructions. I did not see any of your units last turn.

I DL'd the Bab save and did not see any Minoan units on that map either.

Comment

• La Fayette, Straybow swapped maps with you, then you loaded his save. Is this correct?
                      So your sissie skirmisher was killed after you opened the save in MP mode?
                      And after you opened it in SP mode - was the skirmisher missing too?

BTW there is another way how to invoke an identical problem: if you are at end-of-turn and you launch it by error (you click on the status window). This may be done quite easily!

Comment

• Did that once... hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to kill it before it showed me anything

/me mumbles: says something about an operating system that Win users have such practiced expertise with that key combo...
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• turn

Rather uneventfull turn, nothing to report.

at all the rumoured killing going around

As for Peaster replacing Stephan: I'm happy with it, as I have been from the moment he showed up. Since his permanent replacement has been pushed back ever since Stephan left, I'll stick to the general consensus and start dealing with him properly after his next turn. (expecting him to finish it before the end of the month )

Regarding the loading of saves when it's not your turn: from other PBEM's I'm aware that if you load a game in SP but fail to select your own civ, you may very well end up with a map of the selected civ .
                          Be carefull guys , and memorize Straybow's method

Playing in good faith ,
                          Attached Files
                          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
                            Be carefull guys , and memorize Straybow's method
                            Another good method is to close eyes, hit Alt-F4, down arrow, enter.

Regarding the loading of saves when it's not your turn: from other PBEM's I'm aware that if you load a game in SP but fail to select your own civ, you may very well end up with a map of the selected civ
                            I think the problem is similar like opening in MP mode.
                            Anyway you have to go through the window with the leader name, so I think a danger is low.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker

I think the problem is similar like opening in MP mode.
                              Anyway you have to go through the window with the leader name, so I think a danger is low.
                              Sure.

Except for Hatta

(being the victim I mean. I think this would be a proper reason for the first player to password their civ )

Comment

• Egypt celebrates the acquistion of two new Vassal city-states in Canaan, Megiddo and Jerusalem. Rich though they are in Olive Oil and Wool, the revenues reaching the Royal Treasury are far less than anticipated - greasy palms and sticky fingers seem to be taking their corrupt toll! Pharoah is not pleased!!

The Son of Horus notes the arrival of a Minoan trade ship at the mouth of the Nile. King Minos is reminded that foreigners - including their vessels - are prohibited from traveling into the Egyptian heartland without prior approval.

Elsewhere, Pharoah apologizes in advance for the encroachment of Egyptian units into Babylonian lands, and promises that our chariots will immediately vacate the vicinity of Eridu next turn (we had no idea it was there!)

As per prior agreement, peace has been negotiated with Persia, and Pharoah would like to establish similar relations with Minos (currently our relationship is characterized as "cease fire", which seems needlessly hostile). Minos may contact Pharoah through his representative, "AI", or Egypt can initiate the peace if that is preferred - please be gracious enough to send a reply by trusted messenger (answers to a prior request seem to have been lost or delayed).
                                Attached Files
                                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
                                X