No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somehow I don't think you are the kind of "Lurker" that Germanos had in mind

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Nothing to report
      Attached Files
      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• All is peaceful in the land of Egypt, although shepherds near the city of Jerusalem have reported sighting a New Star in the heavens above Canaan. Egyptian scholars in Merneptah's Hall scoff at such rumors.

Diplomatic Note to the Kings of Crete and Persia: Pharoah has used the AI to terminate the state of war between Egypt and Minos (?), and requests that Persia and Crete use the AI to establish peace between their nations and Egypt. This will allow Pharoah to establish a diplomatic setting of "Enthusiastic" toward your nations, thereby reducing the chance of AI-instigated unpleasantness.
        Attached Files
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• A tall obelisk has been erected in Ecbatana in honor of Egypt. The Persians continue their rejoicing over recent promising ideas, such as plowing the land and trading with other lands.

The dark gods of the past have been thrown out of our temples. The people are curious about the Southern gods of the Sun and Harvest and the Eastern gods of Light and Rebirth, and demand priests who can reveal their mysteries.

- - I am out of town, but have DL'd everything and will try to post a save in 1-2 days.

- - Persia is already "enthusiastic" towards Egypt. How do I establish peace ? Make contact as in a single-player game and hope the AI offers peace?

Comment

• Pharoah - Persia welcomes peace with Egypt. Please arrange it on your turn, or tell me how to do it for my next turn.

Sparrowhawk - If Kengel hasn't left instructions with you, please check his last post... I think he said he would be away.
            Attached Files

Comment

• He left me instructions, I received them......now the difficult part is attempting to follow them ......but I am working on that now
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• La Fayette, is your e-mail working well? It looks my e-mails are lost or slowed down terribly.
                Now I got your answer to a 14-days old e-mail and my 2 newer e-mails remain unanswered.

Maybe Straybow has a better connection to LF? My messages weren't anything against you
                Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Sorry, I was in hospital, and there were also problems with the settings of Outlook Express.
                  Anyone: please excuse me
                  Everything should be OK now.
                  Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• LF - welcome back from the hospital. I hope it was nothing very serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                      I hope it was nothing very serious.
                      Just removing useless parts
                      (28cm large intestine + 6cm small intestine)

Comment

• (ST keeling over)
                        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Gakk!

(...and I thought you were just busy playing "Riverwar")
                          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Originally posted by Kull
                            I thought you were just busy playing "Riverwar")
                            "Riverwar " is a scenario created by Allard S.Höfelt, with gorgeous graphics and a very original events file. It is a short one too (it took me no more than 4-5 hours to play it).
                            Unfortunately there is a bug in the scenario file that you can find on the Spanish site, that makes it unplayable.

Here is the link provided by the author:

(that one works!)
                            I would advise anyone to have a try.

Comment

• "RiverWar v2" or "RiverWar v3 (beta)"
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Riverwar v2
                                (unless you wish to be one of those who playtest next forthcoming version)

Comment

Working...
                                X